Windows 10: WEB CAMERA

Discus and support WEB CAMERA in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi! I uninstalled my integrated camera from device manager because I have issues with my camera and it didn't reinstall back. I restarted my PC and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LoreFY, May 23, 2020.

1. LoreFY Win User

WEB CAMERA

Hi! I uninstalled my integrated camera from device manager because I have issues with my camera and it didn't reinstall back. I restarted my PC and nothing. I have Windows 10 Pro. What can I do to reinstall it back?

:)

LoreFY, May 23, 2020

2. Web Camera is not working

Hello

I assume by your comment "black screen appears in video call", you are experiencing problems in other camera apps as well, possibly Skype. If your camera isn't working in any applications this is indicative of a camera driver issue. Please try the steps
    listed here to resolve your issue:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/Windows-10/fix-windows-camera-app-problems-with-usb-web-cameras

If your issue isn't resolved after running the steps, please report back with your camera make and model and the driver information you aquire from step 3.

Thanks,

Tom

Tom A - Windows Camera Platform Team [MSFT], May 23, 2020
  3. Web camera not working with Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

• What is the complete error message you are getting?
    I understand the inconvenience you have experienced while accessing Windows Camera app.

Let try the below steps and check it helps:

Method 1:
    Run built in Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.

• Press Windows Key then type ‘troubleshoot’ and hit Enter
    • Select “View all” on the left panel and run “Windows Store Apps” troubleshooter from the list and see if it works.
    Method 2:
    Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files:

• Click Start.
    • Type cmd, and then press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER to open elevated command prompt(I.e. Command prompt with admin rights).
    • If the User Account Control dialog box appears, confirm that the action it displays is what you want, and then click
      Continue.
    • Type or copy paste the command line into it
      without quotes:
      “sfc /scannow”
    • Reboot the system and check if problem resolved.
    Also refer to the below suggestion provided by Tom A - Windows Camera Team [MSFT] replied on November 16, 2015 and check if it helps.

Web Camera is not working

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, May 23, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

WEB CAMERA

Inspiron 3521 camera grainy and lighting is bad

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Are you able to use Camera app?

• Have you installed all the pending updates?

• Have you installed any third party application recently?
    Step 1: I would suggest you to open Camera app and check if you are able to access the webcam or not.

• Type camera app in search bar and you will be able to open camera app.

Step 2: I suggest you to install the latest available web-cam software from the manufacture web site and check if it helps.

Step 3: I suggest you to check for the latest updates.

• Press Windows logo key +R, enter
      MS-settings:
      and then press OK. This opens Settings.

• In Settings, go to Update & security >
      Windows Update, and then select Check for updates. Install any available updates and restart your PC if required.
    And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/camera-privacy-faq

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/camera-app-faq

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, May 23, 2020
Thema:

WEB CAMERA

1. WEB CAMERA - Similar Threads - WEB CAMERA

2. external camera doesn't work on web, it works fine on the camera app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    external camera doesn't work on web, it works fine on the camera app: I cannot use my external camera on Chrome, yesterday I contacted support and she made me reset Windows but it didn't work at all, everything is updated and the camera still doesn't work. This issue occurred about 2 weeks ago until then my external camera was working fine. I...
  3. external camera doesn't work on web, it works fine on the camera app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    external camera doesn't work on web, it works fine on the camera app: I cannot use my external camera on Chrome, yesterday I contacted support and she made me reset Windows but it didn't work at all, everything is updated and the camera still doesn't work. This issue occurred about 2 weeks ago until then my external camera was working fine. I...
  4. "Web Camera" app storage location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Web Camera" app storage location: Split from this thread. Hi Chandy, I seem to be going over the same ground with this question! At present, all my videos and photos taken with my "Web Camera" app are saved to the "new" Photo app which I am pleased with If I wasn't using this app the only other place they are...
  5. "Web Camera" app storage location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Web Camera" app storage location: Split from this thread. Hi Chandy, I seem to be going over the same ground with this question! At present, all my videos and photos taken with my "Web Camera" app are saved to the "new" Photo app which I am pleased with If I wasn't using this app the only other place they are...
  6. "Web Camera" app storage location

7. Lenovo Web Camera won't work on Desktop Apps

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lenovo Web Camera won't work on Desktop Apps: Hi all, I am having issues with the camera on my Lenovo laptop. Every time I try to turn my camera on on Zoom or Microsoft Teams, I get this icon instead. I have tried restarting my laptop, shutting it down and turning it back on, and have tried troubleshooting it in...
  8. Lenovo Web Camera won't work on Desktop Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo Web Camera won't work on Desktop Apps: Hi all, I am having issues with the camera on my Lenovo laptop. Every time I try to turn my camera on on Zoom or Microsoft Teams, I get this icon instead. I have tried restarting my laptop, shutting it down and turning it back on, and have tried troubleshooting it in...
  9. Lenovo Web Camera won't work on Desktop Apps

10. Windows 10, Logitech 920 or 922 web cams - Camera app doesn't work. It videos and takes...

Windows 10, Logitech 920 or 922 web cams - Camera app doesn't work. It videos and takes...: Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit, both Logitech 920 and 922 webcams. Windows Camera app shows black - it videos and takes pictures - but you can't see what you are doing. Both cameras work fine on another pc. I have tried all Windows updates, new Windows profile, uninstalling and later...