Windows 10: web exclusions platform killed my laptop

Discus and support web exclusions platform killed my laptop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am on my Chromebook now - cannot get on my laptop so cannot put in version # - maybe 1903?- I did a bunch of win 10 updates this morn. When they were... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by patriceltic, Feb 12, 2020.

1. web exclusions platform killed my laptop

I am on my Chromebook now - cannot get on my laptop so cannot put in version # - maybe 1903?- I did a bunch of win 10 updates this morn. When they were finished, a small white window with the words - personalizing desktop-web excusions platform. It was stuck on this for about half an hour. So I did ctr/alt/delete and signed out. Now it's dead. Cannot start pc. Dell Laptop 5570 . What now?? Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi - I got it to boot. F8 while holding power button. Whew. Don't know what that web exclusion platform is all about. I'm happy with my Dell laptop but MS bugs me. Thanks for any thoughts about what this is. PCeltic

:)

patriceltic, Feb 12, 2020
  2. RG46873 Win User

How to uninstall Web Platform Installer

I am trying to uninstall Web Platform Installer. I click all apps, select Web Platform Installer, select uninstall. That takes me to the Control Panel, Programs and Features. I should be able to then click on Web Platform Install and select uninstall,
    but Web Platform Installer is not shown as a program/app in the list of programs and features.

(1) is it known by some other name?

(2) is there a way to force the Control Panel to rebuild the list of all programs/apps installed so that it is guaranteed to be accurate?

(3) how does one uninstall Web Platform Installer if it is not shown in programs/features in the Control Panel

RG46873, Feb 12, 2020
  3. Ryan Mon1 Win User
    Unable to Remove Exclusions from Windows Defender

Thank you for posting back. If you trust a file, file type, folder, or a process that Windows Defender Antivirus has detected as malicious, you can stop Windows Defender Antivirus from alerting you or blocking the program by adding the file to
    the exclusion list. It seems that it was added automatically. We suggest that you follow these steps:

• Go to Settings and select Update & security.
    • Click Windows Defender.
    • Look for Exclusions and select Add an exclusion.
    • Navigate to the file, folder, or process, and select Exclude this file.

If the steps provided did not work, we recommend that you boot your device to
    Safe Mode
    and redo the process.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Ryan Mon1, Feb 12, 2020
  4. Sagasu100 Win User

web exclusions platform killed my laptop

Exclusive! There is a pdf reader for S40 platform.

You are correct that there is a reader in the Ovi Store, but unfortunately it doesn't suit all Nokia phones with the S40 platform. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Sagasu100, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

web exclusions platform killed my laptop

1. web exclusions platform killed my laptop - Similar Threads - web exclusions platform

2. Web Platform Installer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Web Platform Installer: Hi All,I am not able to see any product or application to install from web platform installer on my windows server 2016 .Can some one help .I need to install PHP Manager ....
  3. Web Platform Installer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Web Platform Installer: Hi All,I am not able to see any product or application to install from web platform installer on my windows server 2016 .Can some one help .I need to install PHP Manager ....
  4. Another instance of the Web Platform Installer or Web Platform Installer IIS Manager module...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Another instance of the Web Platform Installer or Web Platform Installer IIS Manager module...: When I click on Web Platform Installer in Internet Informational Services it always says Another instance of the Web Platform Installer or Web Platform Installer IIS Manager module is already running. How do I fix this?...
  5. What does Web Platform Customisations mean?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What does Web Platform Customisations mean?: After a windows update and my computer restarts then I login, I see a window appear saying that Web Platform Customisations are happening? What does this mean? What is installed on my computer regarding it, and how do I access it?...
  6. Windows update killed my laptops

Windows update killed my laptops: In late 2018 we had yet another forced windows update that we cant actually turn off so my laptop went and updated its windows 10 installation and restarted. It attempted to boot into windows but its just displayed a flashing cursor for 2 seconds then a black screen. Despite...
  7. Update killed my laptop

Update killed my laptop: So like many people my computer just updated and is now useless. All of fixes do not work for me. I cannot click anything. Windows +e just gives me that another error "an attempt was made to reference a token that does not exists". My laptop was perfect before this update now...
  8. Recent Update Killed My Laptop

Recent Update Killed My Laptop: Hello, As with many other, the recent update has killed my laptop with Windows updated recently. Here is all I get after the update: I start my computer up. I get the black screen with the spinning circle for a period of time that is way longer than it should be. My...
  9. Web Platform Customizations: what is it?

in Windows 10 Support
    Web Platform Customizations: what is it?: Hi. I noticed, using Autoruns, that since few days in HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components there is "Web Platform Customizations" (C:\Windows\SysWow64\ie4uinit.exe). I've searched for it on Google but I've not found anything interesting. What is it?...
  10. Building a more accessible web platform

in Windows 10 News
    Building a more accessible web platform: In February we shared our roadmap for empowering all Microsoft Edge customers through accessibility and inclusive design. Today, we’re excited to share more about Microsoft Edge’s native support for the modern UI Automation accessibility framework, coming with the Windows 10...