Windows 10: Web Hosting servers for a domain -- clear DNS cache without re-logon

Discus and support Web Hosting servers for a domain -- clear DNS cache without re-logon in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi folks If you have a domain hosted by a hosting service with their DNS servers how do you clear the cache after a DNS update on their server. DNS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jimbo45, Feb 8, 2017.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Web Hosting servers for a domain -- clear DNS cache without re-logon

Hi folks

If you have a domain hosted by a hosting service with their DNS servers how do you clear the cache after a DNS update on their server. DNS update has been registered, active and works with PING.

After update etc - and the update has been refreshed and active I'm still seeing the hosting site's "Parking" initial page when using standard browsers - IE11 / Edge / Firefox and not my Index.php page (php / apache etc is all active).

I don't want to re-boot my existing computer which would clear the cache as it's a network server and would mean disconnecting around 7 computers.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Feb 8, 2017

2. New Windows 10 LT will not allow AD doamin (2008R2) users to logon

I have new Windows 10 LT (Dell) I have joined it to my Domain without issue. When i attempt to logon with any domain account i receive "The username or password is incorrect. Try again"

I have tried to logon just like the 500 other computers i manage :

Ad-domain\user

or

ad-domain.local\user

Notes:

I have tuned off the windows firewall for all networks on both the server and LT

There is no AV, as this LT is fresh out of the Box.

I have checked LT TCPIP setting which are DHCP. Host Context and dns are perfectly set to local servers which are online and responing.

I have rebooted the domain controller server which is also the DNS server.

If i logon to the LT with local credentials and SMB to the server IE \\server\ I'm prompted for network credentials and after typing the domain user and password I'm able to access domain resources.

other note: The LT came with Windows 10 home.. I upgraded it through MS app.

I'm stumped..

EXPECTtech, Feb 8, 2017
  3. I can't log into my Microsoft account or use the Store since Anniversary Update

There is no notification about this problem. I tried changing my DNS to Google's DNS, flushed
    my DNS cache
    & nothing changed. I then tried Open DNS, flushed
    my DNS cache
    & still nothing. I don't know what else to try to fix this issue beyond doing a clean install.

eisnerguy2, Feb 8, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

From an elevated command prompt:
    ipconfig /flushdns

Bree, Feb 8, 2017
  5. Samuria Win User
    If a isp updates its dns and you use that dns it it will show but if your using another dns for your pc it can take days to get updated as it has to update world wide which is millions of servers

Samuria, Feb 8, 2017
  6. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

That only clears out from your computer via the ISP you are using

I need the DNS's to be flushed from the REMOTE web site !!!!! not on the local computer !!! - The local computer isn't hosting the website.

@Bree @Samuria

Samuria's answer was the correct one as obviously it took time for the change to be propagated around the Internet --it's working properly now.

The Hosting panel on my remote site now records DNS changed and active -- must have had a pending change for a while.

I learn something everyday (even at my age !!!). still it keeps Brain active and hopefully dementia away.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Feb 8, 2017
  7. z3r010 Win User
    What ttl do have for your dns records? for best results and reduction of stale DNS you should always lower this as low as possible before making any DNS changes.

z3r010, Feb 8, 2017
  8. jimbo45 Win User

Hi there
    Thanks @z3r010

value is : Currently 86400 I think that's the default --any suggestions on what I should set it at for next time.

Web Hosting servers for a domain -- clear DNS cache without re-logon [​IMG]

Thanks for the info -- I'm still new to this game so still playing around before I go live.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Feb 8, 2017
  9. z3r010 Win User
    86400 is one day *Eek that means a client will only check for DNS changes every 24 hours and if you change things will lead to a long wait for an update.

If you are making changes it's best to set them as low as possible until you are happy that your site is settled, when I move servers I set then DNS to 5 minute (300 ttl) the day before and 1 minute (60 ttl) just before I start moving IP's this ensures that all clients update to the new IP within 1 minute.

Once I'm happy everything is Ok I set them at 1 hour (3600) as if I need to move the site in a hurry that is the longest I would want to have people cached for.

z3r010, Feb 8, 2017
  10. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

Thanks

I really appreciate all this Free Tuition !!!!

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Web Hosting servers for a domain -- clear DNS cache without re-logon - Similar Threads - Web Hosting servers

2. Cached Logon not working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cached Logon not working: I work tech at the office and due to the current remote working situation, many users are having issues logging into their cached credentials when they're not connected to the domain. Any potential solutions?...
  3. flushdns is not clearing my dns cache

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    flushdns is not clearing my dns cache: i use the flushdns command, i get the success message, i run the displaydns command and i have thousands of entries. i can i really empty this cache, and why is flushdns not clearing it as it says? submitted by /u/fuyoall [link] [comments]...
  4. clear cache

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    clear cache: How do I clear cache in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clear-cache/88e77c48-6176-469c-815c-2c825048c7fe
  5. Flush DNS Cache

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Flush DNS Cache: The other day I tried to flush my DNS cache (no particular reason). command run as admin: ipconfig/flushdns result: Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache. but with the command ipconfg/displaydns I still see 139 entries the service "DNS Client" is running (set to...
  6. Flush DNS Cache

in Windows 10 Support
    Flush DNS Cache: The other day I tried to flush my DNS cache (no particular reason). command run as admin: ipconfig/flushdns result: Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache. but with the command ipconfg/displaydns I still see 139 entries the service "DNS Client" is running (set to...
  7. Fix Trust relation between domain PC nad server without Lcoal admin and Domain admin cached...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fix Trust relation between domain PC nad server without Lcoal admin and Domain admin cached...: Hi, We have a situation where domain PC is only able to login using domain user. The IT guy don't remember the local admin. The domain admin password does not seem to be cached as they had changed the domain admin password many times. we tried taking out the network cable...
  8. Clearing cache

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Clearing cache: How do I clear cache on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clearing-cache/1b4043d8-15be-4402-8bac-078d8b32570c
  9. DNS Cache

DNS Cache: I have a site that was pointed to shopify, and then closed the store. Now when I try to load the new site, it always directs to the closed shopify site. If I do a dns reset using ipconfig /flushdns it will work for a while, but then always reverts back. So I have to reset...
  10. DNS Cache Users

DNS Cache Users: Do Google Chrome, MS Edge, & IE all use the same DNS Cache? And is there any wisdom to periodically flushing the cache just as a normal maintenance routine? 80766