Windows 10: web page at one site misbehaves on one windows 10 machine

Discus and support web page at one site misbehaves on one windows 10 machine in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Here's an odd one. On a Windows 10 laptop (build 19042), a webpage at one particular web host suddenly misbehaves in an elementary way: a simple PHP... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pzbrawl, Jul 18, 2021.

1. pzbrawl Win User

web page at one site misbehaves on one windows 10 machine

Here's an odd one. On a Windows 10 laptop (build 19042), a webpage at one particular web host suddenly misbehaves in an elementary way: a simple PHP login form that posts to itself fails entirely to post the user's data input---once Submit is clicked, the form repopulates with the browser's saved defaults; it fails to populate the $_POST[] array. $_POST[] remains empty. The problem occurs with Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge. It does not occur with other identically coded scripts at the site of this misbehaving script. It does not occur with the same script running on this machine's Apache webserver, or at another web host. It does not occur when the problem web script is accessed from a Linux VM running on this WIn10 laptop, or on other machines running varieties of Linux and Windows. On the problem machine, BitDefender and MalwareBytes find no issues anywhere on the machine, nor in the PHP script itself. At the problem website, scans find no infection or malware issues. I'm at a loss. Any ideas/suggestions would be much appreciated.

:)

pzbrawl, Jul 18, 2021

2. Building a Web Page Help

I am building a web page for my store and i admit its not my strong point. I have used Dreamweaver CS4 and the site when uploaded to the server does not show the frames i used to design the web page.

Any suggestions?

CybertechComputerz, Jul 18, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 18, 2021
  4. Arun B J Win User

Opening web pages in Windows 10

Hi Robert,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

Which web browser are you using?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

• Open the Web page.
    • Click on Gear icon at the top right corner.
    • Click on File and select Save as
    • You can save in different format.
    • Open file Explorer select and right click on web page which is saved in File Explorer.
    • Select open with and Select WordPad or notepad.
    • There you will be able to Edit .

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jul 18, 2021
Thema:

1. web page at one site misbehaves on one windows 10 machine - Similar Threads - web page site

2. Two web pages/sites errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two web pages/sites errors: Hi, I managed to bring my HP Pavillion Entertainment PC, by using the "restoring" method to restore the system; up until yesterday other than a sign in windows the laptop did not work. After nearly 5 hours, including back up of just system related files, it completed the...
  3. Two web pages/sites errors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two web pages/sites errors: Hi, I managed to bring my HP Pavillion Entertainment PC, by using the "restoring" method to restore the system; up until yesterday other than a sign in windows the laptop did not work. After nearly 5 hours, including back up of just system related files, it completed the...
  4. Can't Access one web site

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Access one web site: Today, when I tried to access one website ccos.org that I manage, I started getting this error.This site can’t be reachedccos.org took too long to respond.Try:Checking the connectionChecking the proxy and the firewallRunning Windows Network...
  5. Can't Access one web site

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Access one web site: Today, when I tried to access one website ccos.org that I manage, I started getting this error.This site can’t be reachedccos.org took too long to respond.Try:Checking the connectionChecking the proxy and the firewallRunning Windows Network...
  6. Can't Access one web site

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. web page at one site misbehaves on one windows 10 machine

in Browsers and Email
    web page at one site misbehaves on one windows 10 machine: Here's an odd one. On a Windows 10 laptop (build 19042), a webpage at one particular web host suddenly misbehaves in an elementary way: a simple PHP login form that posts to itself fails entirely to post the user's data input---once Submit is clicked, the form repopulates...
  8. Web site page

in Windows 10 Customization
    Web site page: web page gets larger and larger view Zoom automatically. I reset at 110 but then goes to 500 covering the monitor. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/web-site-page/48740cc7-b323-4126-bab4-1c0b313a5394
  9. Cannot reach specific web site from one specific computer

Cannot reach specific web site from one specific computer: I have 2 Win-10 boxes, all up-to-date. A specific web site for my employer is not reachable from one box, but is from the other. This is true for all 3 browsers (Edge, IE, Firefox). It gives the time-out notice that the web site has not responded. The problem box, however,...
  10. Migrating web site credentials to new Windows machine

Migrating web site credentials to new Windows machine: I have a new laptop and I need to export all my website passwords to the new machine. How can I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/migrating-web-site-credentials-to-new-windows/b912f973-7cf3-477a-a3a8-7817baef9eef"