Windows 10: Web pages loaded over HTTPS that contain insecure elements

Discus and support Web pages loaded over HTTPS that contain insecure elements in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; What should you do when both Firefox and Chrome warn you that a web page loaded over HTTPS is not fully secure because some elements on the page (like... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Ground Sloth, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Web pages loaded over HTTPS that contain insecure elements

What should you do when both Firefox and Chrome warn you that a web page loaded over HTTPS is not fully secure because some elements on the page (like images) were not loaded over a secure connection?

I get this warning on the Dell website, as well as the Samsung website, on web pages where you enter personal information. I know that Firefox and Chrome will block web pages loaded over HTTPS that are truly insecure. But whenever I see this warning, I'm extremely reluctant to enter any personal information.

:)

Ground Sloth, Apr 4, 2018

2. This page is insecure (broken HTTPS).

updated my Chrome browser and problem got solved.

Bippin Surendra Kumar, Apr 4, 2018
  3. This page is insecure (broken HTTPS).

Hi,

I am getting Not secure error for Movie Tickets, Plays, Sports, Music Concerts, Theater & Reviews BookMyShow in CHROME browser. When checked details of error, it says
    This page is insecure (broken HTTPS). SHA-1 Certificate 'the certificate for this site expires in 2017 or later'

Have tried clearing cookies, cache etc.as advised by website tech support.

This error starter after updating the windows 10 recently. Kindly advise what to be done, as website technical support says they are already using SHA 256 certificate and the error is from my side only, as for them the site is secure.

Bippin Surendra Kumar, Apr 4, 2018
  4. shimshom Win User

Web pages loaded over HTTPS that contain insecure elements

shimshom, Apr 5, 2018
  5. What if something on the web page can't be loaded over HTTPS? Will it be blocked?

The warning should be more pronounced so that Dell and Samsung would be forced to redesign their websites.

Sometimes the parts of a web page that are not secure will be blocked automatically, thus effectively rendering the web page secure. But on the Samsung web site, for example, Firefox says that while it's blocking some content that is not secure, there is still content on the web page that is not secure. I wonder if you can get Firefox to block the other content.

Ground Sloth, Apr 5, 2018
  6. That is an DELL and Samsung website design issue and there isn't much you can do about that. I get the same errors on all browsers, IE, Edge, Chrome and Firefox.

slicendice, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Web pages loaded over HTTPS that contain insecure elements

1. Web pages loaded over HTTPS that contain insecure elements - Similar Threads - Web pages loaded

2. web pages not loading

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    web pages not loading: My web pages are not loading. I tried on Chrome and then Edge.It was working this morning.I have cleared browser, cookies. etc. It made no difference.Any other suggestion? Thank you...
  3. web pages not loading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    web pages not loading: My web pages are not loading. I tried on Chrome and then Edge.It was working this morning.I have cleared browser, cookies. etc. It made no difference.Any other suggestion? Thank you...
  4. web pages not loading

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Web-Page No longer loading

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Web-Page No longer loading: Hello, I've recently experienced an issue where a particular website will no longer load for me on my primary PC. Also, Grammarly keeps saying that it cannot connect to the internet when using it on MS Word, these two things occurred at the same time, but I have no way of...
  6. web page loading

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    web page loading: All of a sudden my web pages are loading very slow or not at all. Not that computer savy to figure it out myself. Any help will be appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/web-page-loading/6d8bfdef-3f29-471e-9247-86e399dd1595
  7. Web pages will not load on Edge or Chrome

in Windows 10 Customization
    Web pages will not load on Edge or Chrome: I have just purchased a new Computer and installed Windows 10/64 Pro on brand new m.2 drive never used before, I updated windows to the current Windows Ver 1803 build 17134.228 and from then on I cannot load any pages on Edge or Chrome. I am Computer literate and have done...
  8. Web pages not loading

in Browsers and Email
    Web pages not loading: Hi Some websites will not load on either Chrome, Firefox, Edge or Vivaldi. I have cleared the history and cache Tried both OpenDNS & Google DNS Full scan with Bitdefender AV, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware & Spybot Search & Destroy: nothing found Turned firewall off...
  9. Win10 not loading web-pages

in Browsers and Email
    Win10 not loading web-pages: Hello Win10 Forums! Today I have installed Win10 Pro edition and I'm currently trying it out. I have encountered this massive problem: Some web pages do not load! Some pages are completely fine (this one, facebook, stackoverflow, few other forums I visit...), but some...
  10. Slow Web Page Loading.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow Web Page Loading.: Hi all Normally when i use the net all is fine. Noticed today when i run a video convertor programme in the background the loading of web pages is extremely slow. Stop Freemake video convertor and page loading is normal speed. I assumed it was memory, did memtest and no...