Windows 10: Web Pages misaligned

Discus and support Web Pages misaligned in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I create simple web pages using Expression 4. Problem is some browsers dont allow settings. I create a tabled page, centred - <table align="center"... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by elbmek, Jul 1, 2017.

1. elbmek Win User

Web Pages misaligned

I create simple web pages using Expression 4. Problem is some browsers dont allow settings. I create a tabled page, centred -

<table align="center" cellpadding="4" class="auto-style2" style="width: 60%" cellspacing="1">
    <tbody class="auto-style1">
    <tr>
    <td class="auto-style1" colspan="2">

I finish it, upload it, and when viewed in FF or Opera, its on the left hand side of the screen. If I view it in IE11, its correctly placed screen centre.

This is a sample page. I would ask please if you can look at it in IE, FF, Chrome, Opera or whatever browsers you have and report back.

eg: IE good, Chrome left etc etc.

SS Eumaeus

:)

elbmek, Jul 1, 2017
  2. peterskuk Win User

Anniversary Update for Mobile Trashed Edge Browser

I think we've all already tried th.at

Gave it a go anyway but of course still same misaligned, enlarged headings and text. The busier the page, the worse is the effect.....

There's also quite a bad lag while typing on this page....

peterskuk, Jul 1, 2017
  3. Drawing a Blank - no detail (N95)

The map is still misaligned. Bristol is in the sea.

corinthian181, Jul 1, 2017
  4. EdTittel Win User

Web Pages misaligned

The HTML validator (The W3C Markup Validation Service) turns up 30-plus markup errors on your page. You'll need to clear up these errors to get a sense of where the real problems lie. And why, oh why, are you using 1999 vintage XHTML instead of HTML 5.0 or 5.1? The latter versions are much, much easier to work with, and more powerful to boot!
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Jul 1, 2017
  5. elbmek Win User
    hi, html? I am using whatever MS put in Expression 4. I've never changed it. I don't pretend to understand it all but can change somethings in html. How would I go about upgrading the html in Expression 4??

elbmek, Jul 1, 2017
  6. Samuria Win User
    Samuria, Sep 16, 2017
  7. elbmek Win User
    Does that effect WYSIFYG, which Expression 4 is based on. I can designed a page, have it ready for uploading, and the code is written, editable, behind the design page.

elbmek, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Web Pages misaligned

1. Web Pages misaligned - Similar Threads - Web Pages misaligned

2. Web pages don't open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Web pages don't open: Most of the time, Web pages don't open. Usually, the Network diagnostics say it's a DNS server problem. Otherwise, they say they can't identify the problem. I've tried all the fixes proposed by Microsoft advisors and those I could find on the Web - all to no avail.* I...
  3. web page blocked

in Windows 10 Customization
    web page blocked: I attempt to open Peets coffee ap and am told to contact administrator. I am the only one who uses the computer. who is administrator? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/web-page-blocked/7341d1be-6d3d-40c2-9031-6fd0f9ccac7c
  4. print settings for web page

print settings for web page: want to print web page but need to make fonts bigger if I copy and paste onto word it will not let me make fonts bigger suppose to go to print settings but can not find...
  5. Certificate web page expire

Certificate web page expire: I trying to used my desktop computer and there a few pages that says certificated expire and the address bar is red with an X how can i install those certificated windows 7 explorer 11 thank plz help...
  6. Web pages not loading

in Browsers and Email
    Web pages not loading: Hi Some websites will not load on either Chrome, Firefox, Edge or Vivaldi. I have cleared the history and cache Tried both OpenDNS & Google DNS Full scan with Bitdefender AV, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware & Spybot Search & Destroy: nothing found Turned firewall off...
  7. Slow Web Pages.

in Browsers and Email
    Slow Web Pages.: Since I upgraded to Windows 10, my Web Pages are slow to react. Is there anything that I can do, short of installing more RAM, to speed up the Web Pages? Also, is there a list of Cortana Commands? I know "Open" and I just say what Web Page to go to. Is there a newer Version...
  8. Web Page Losing Connection

in Browsers and Email
    Web Page Losing Connection: I am losing my webpage frequently. Then I need to click on "Recover Webpage". I am also receiving up to 70 spam mails a day. I am presently using internet explorer 11. I do not know where to start to fix this. I am using Norton Security, CCleaner, Malwarebytes anti-Malware,...
  9. Slow Web Pages.

in Browsers and Email
    Slow Web Pages.: I am having problems with slow webpages. Is it Edge? I have been tempted to take my PC to a shop and have more RAM installed. I currently have 8 gigs of RAM. Maybe 16 gigs would speed it up. Could Edge be using a lot of RAM when running webpages? Sometimes I have problems...
  10. Slow Web Page Loading.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow Web Page Loading.: Hi all Normally when i use the net all is fine. Noticed today when i run a video convertor programme in the background the loading of web pages is extremely slow. Stop Freemake video convertor and page loading is normal speed. I assumed it was memory, did memtest and no...