Windows 10: "Web" removed/missing from 1903 search

Discus and support "Web" removed/missing from 1903 search in Cortana to solve the problem; "Web" was suddenly removed by a 1903 Windows update. I just noticed it today searching. Web should be showing up after "Email" and before "More" How... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by eturk007, Jun 25, 2019.

1. eturk007 Win User

"Web" removed/missing from 1903 search

"Web" was suddenly removed by a 1903 Windows update. I just noticed it today searching.

Web should be showing up after "Email" and before "More"

How do we get "Web" back in the search?

(Please only answer about 1903 as older versions work very differently.)

"Web" removed/missing from 1903 search 9fa97464-0357-4ef5-9d21-f38f1adb1b1f?upload=true.png

:)

eturk007, Jun 25, 2019
  2. Carlo Fer Win User

Disable Store and Web search in Start Menu

Hello
    SystemSupport346,

Since the steps above did not work for you, we suggest that you disable web search by navigating the settings of Cortana itself. Please follow the steps below:

• Open the search box in the taskbar.
    • Click the Notebook icon.
    • Click Settings from the list.
    • On the Settings page, turn off the Cortana can give me suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more option.
    • Turn off the Search online and include web results. See screenshot below:

"Web" removed/missing from 1903 search 4b6583c8-efc0-4f9f-a9a0-4ce531f271db?upload=true.png

Hope this information helps you. Feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Carlo Fer, Jun 25, 2019
  3. Disable Web Search Results in Windows 10 Start Menu

Hi Taira,

Disabling web results in the search box depends on the version and build of your Windows 10. We suggest checking the Windows 10 version and build installed on your computer. To check the version and build, follow the steps below:

• On Cortana search, type winver and press
      Enter
    • A pop-up box will appear containing the version and build of your operating system.

Meanwhile, you can try these steps on how to disable web results in the search box:

• Click the search box in the taskbar.
    • Select the Notebook icon
      "Web" removed/missing from 1903 search a0c1fa7c-1198-4621-a19b-ece827a34a33.png

in the left pane.
    • Click Settings from the list.
    • In the Settings page, turn off the Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more option.
    • Also, turn off the Search online and include web results option.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

Gerard Qui, Jun 25, 2019
  4. Anne Ros Win User

Turn Off Web Search Results When Searching My Computer

Hi,

If you are pertaining to the Cortana search web results, you can disable it and improve local search results. Follow the steps below to disable web results:

• Click the search bar.
    • Select the Notebook icon on the left pane of the search bar.
    • From the options, select Settings. (Note: On the later versions of Windows, the Settings button might be outside the Notebook icon.)
    • On the Settings, toggle the Cortana gives me suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more option to
      Off.
    • On the lower part, turn off the Search online and included web results option as well.

See the image as reference to the above steps:

"Web" removed/missing from 1903 search 7c9e0858-2114-462b-b171-63b6e7d3089d.jpg

After doing the steps, try using search again and see if the web results will now disappear.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post your query anytime.

Anne Ros, Jun 25, 2019
Thema:

1. "Web" removed/missing from 1903 search - Similar Threads - Web removed missing

2. How to remove web results from Start Menu search?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove web results from Start Menu search?: Hi,How can I remove web search results when using the search field in Windows 10 to look for files on my PC?No need to create these extra carbon emissions from the unwanted search results - and no need to feed Bing with my data for free...I have seen a few suggestions on how...
  3. How to remove web results from Start Menu search?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove web results from Start Menu search?: Hi,How can I remove web search results when using the search field in Windows 10 to look for files on my PC?No need to create these extra carbon emissions from the unwanted search results - and no need to feed Bing with my data for free...I have seen a few suggestions on how...
  4. How to remove web results from Start Menu search?

in Cortana
  5. How to remove web results from Start Menu search?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove web results from Start Menu search?: Hello, I would like to remove web search results from Start Menu search as it clutters results window and it takes significant amount of time to read through menu to see whether it is displaying what I need. In some other cases I press ENTER without checking and it forcibly...
  6. Search the web task bar removal

Search the web task bar removal: I am trying to get rid of the search the web toolbar at the top of my screen, nothing that is on the web about this works for me. Can you help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-the-web-task-bar-removal/9d2a2fec-756b-46a9-838e-8c16c3134783
  7. Windows 10 1903 Search Box Cannot Access Web Search.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 1903 Search Box Cannot Access Web Search.: Is web search in Win 10 Search Box permanently disabled? I have the 1903 version and the Search Box cannot do web search no matter what i do. Does anyone have the same issue? By the way, there isn't an "Enable" or "Disable" option for Web search under Search or Cortana. 135829
  8. Windows Search Web Options is missing

in Cortana
    Windows Search Web Options is missing: Hello, I'm using Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview Build 18898. Last week I search for currency in windows search but it's missing from my computer. I looked up in More, but I not have one. Please help me. [ATTACH]...
  9. how to remove "search the web and windows'' from the task bar

how to remove "search the web and windows'' from the task bar: Hi guys;anybody knows how to make the desktop like this in win 10! i'd like to remove the "search the web and windows'' from the task bar, i use Chrome so i don't need win search. 4387
  10. I cannot remove the ''search the web'' toolbar from the desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    I cannot remove the ''search the web'' toolbar from the desktop: Hi everybody, I have this slight problem: the ''search the web'' toolbar never seems to go away, it's stuck in the upper part of my screen: [img] Does anybody happen to know how I can remove it from there once and for all? Thanks in advance. 39401

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to fix missing web search in windows 10 1903

2. web searching missing from windows 10 1903 search box

3. search box does not include web

4. search box does not include web search,
  5. why windows 10 version 1903 does not include cortana search box for keyboard uce,
  6. search box results not include web windows 10 1903,
  7. missing website in cortana search windows 10 1903