Windows 10: Web results on Search bar Cant Stop from poping up

Discus and support Web results on Search bar Cant Stop from poping up in Cortana to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Does pop up on the other Tabs as well like Apps and documents not only on 'All'... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by MysteryBoBCat, Sep 10, 2020.

1. Web results on Search bar Cant Stop from poping up

Web results on Search bar Cant Stop from poping up afc608c4-792b-41d7-98f1-e708cde81f24?upload=true.png Does pop up on the other Tabs as well like Apps and documents not only on 'All'

:)

MysteryBoBCat, Sep 10, 2020
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Turn Off Web Search Results When Searching My Computer

Hi,

If you are pertaining to the Cortana search web results, you can disable it and improve local search results. Follow the steps below to disable web results:

• Click the search bar.
    • Select the Notebook icon on the left pane of the search bar.
    • From the options, select Settings. (Note: On the later versions of Windows, the Settings button might be outside the Notebook icon.)
    • On the Settings, toggle the Cortana gives me suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more option to
      Off.
    • On the lower part, turn off the Search online and included web results option as well.

See the image as reference to the above steps:

Web results on Search bar Cant Stop from poping up 7c9e0858-2114-462b-b171-63b6e7d3089d.jpg

After doing the steps, try using search again and see if the web results will now disappear.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post your query anytime.

Anne Ros, Sep 10, 2020
  3. Jan Pac Win User
    how to stop web results showing in search

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query here in Microsoft Community.

Here's how you stop web results from showing up on every search you do on Windows 10 while improving local results for files, apps, and settings:

• Click to open the search box in the taskbar.
    • Click the Notebook icon.
    • Click Settings from the list of options.
    Note: On Windows 10 build 14316 and later versions the Settings button to access Cortana setting may appear outside of Notebook in the navigation pane on the left.

4. On the Settings page, turn off the Cortana can give me suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more option.

5. After disabling Cortana, turn off the Search online and include web results option.

You will now notice that the search box in the taskbar no longer says "Ask me anything," instead, it reads "Search Windows," indicating that you have completed the task. Try to do a search one more time, and this time, you'll see that search results will
    no longer appear.

In the case you need a more advanced search experience, type your search query, and click the
    Search my stuff button. In the advanced search section, you can sort results by relevance or time, and you can limit the result to a particular category (e.g., Documents, Settings, apps, etc.).

Keep in mind that stopping web results from showing up in the taskbar search box will also turn off Cortana in your system, which means that you'll have to make the decision of which experience is more important to you.

Let us know if it helps.

Regards.

Jan Pac, Sep 10, 2020
  4. Web results on Search bar Cant Stop from poping up

Disable Web Search Results in Windows 10 Start Menu

Hi Taira,

Disabling web results in the search box depends on the version and build of your Windows 10. We suggest checking the Windows 10 version and build installed on your computer. To check the version and build, follow the steps below:

• On Cortana search, type winver and press
      Enter
    • A pop-up box will appear containing the version and build of your operating system.

Meanwhile, you can try these steps on how to disable web results in the search box:

• Click the search box in the taskbar.
    • Select the Notebook icon
      Web results on Search bar Cant Stop from poping up a0c1fa7c-1198-4621-a19b-ece827a34a33.png

in the left pane.
    • Click Settings from the list.
    • In the Settings page, turn off the Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more option.
    • Also, turn off the Search online and include web results option.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

Gerard Qui, Sep 10, 2020
Thema:

Web results on Search bar Cant Stop from poping up

1. Web results on Search bar Cant Stop from poping up - Similar Threads - Web results Search

2. Windows 11 Search Bar is not showing Results from Web

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Search Bar is not showing Results from Web: My Search bar is showing the Web option but not the results from the web. I think it works as offlineI tried using another user profile, there is no such issue on that profile.Edition Windows 11 Pro Version 21H2 Installed on ‎29-‎Dec-‎21 OS build 22000.739Experience Windows...
  3. Windows 11 Search Bar is not showing Results from Web

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Search Bar is not showing Results from Web: My Search bar is showing the Web option but not the results from the web. I think it works as offlineI tried using another user profile, there is no such issue on that profile.Edition Windows 11 Pro Version 21H2 Installed on ‎29-‎Dec-‎21 OS build 22000.739Experience Windows...
  4. Turn off "See web results" in Search bar

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Turn off "See web results" in Search bar: How can I turn off "See web results" in Search bar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-see-web-results-in-search-bar/32485dd4-5e6d-4f7d-8b1d-81845fb9c973
  5. how to stop web result showing in search

in Cortana
    how to stop web result showing in search: Can i disable web result to not showing in my search box and show only file and floder in my laptop?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-web-result-showing-in-search/891f09ce-7b31-4ed9-9d01-d6b70f86d0d9
  6. Web search results

in Cortana
    Web search results: Hi, my name is Sumiyuru I am using a windows 10 home operating system hp I have a problem in the search box, as experienced in my other 2 computers when I search something in the web it immediately gives me web results but in my hp computer in the search box when I search...
  7. Windows Search bar web results not working

in Cortana
    Windows Search bar web results not working: I have been using the Windows Search bar's web results. But, for a few months, it isn't working. I have two Microsoft accounts in my PC, in the other, the search works like a charm, fetching web results. I haven't done any registry tweaks, why would I? I love the web...
  8. Windows 10 Search Bar Web Search returns no results

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Search Bar Web Search returns no results: My Surface can no longer search the web from the search bar. It still works perfectly fine for local file search, but it will not search the web....
  9. Windows Search not bringing up web results!

in Cortana
    Windows Search not bringing up web results!: Recently, I've been searching with my search bar in the bottom left, but it won't pull up any web results! I've tried a lot of setting changes, including toggling on and off the adult content filters to see if it would update the search bar, but to no avail! Is there a common...
  10. Web search results not included in search bar

in Cortana
    Web search results not included in search bar: To whom it may concern, I updated from Windows 10 Home 1803 to 1903 yesterday June 19th 2019. Everything seemed fine after that until I discovered that the web searches are no longer included in my searches from the search bar. It only displays local content from my docs,...