Windows 10: Web search gone from windows search bar!

Discus and support Web search gone from windows search bar! in Cortana to solve the problem; I loved web search and used it everyday and now it is somehow gone and I do not know why that is!... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by MichaelBlevins2, Jul 19, 2020.

1. Web search gone from windows search bar!

I loved web search and used it everyday and now it is somehow gone and I do not know why that is!

:)

MichaelBlevins2, Jul 19, 2020
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Turn Off Web Search Results When Searching My Computer

Hi,

If you are pertaining to the Cortana search web results, you can disable it and improve local search results. Follow the steps below to disable web results:

• Click the search bar.
    • Select the Notebook icon on the left pane of the search bar.
    • From the options, select Settings. (Note: On the later versions of Windows, the Settings button might be outside the Notebook icon.)
    • On the Settings, toggle the Cortana gives me suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more option to
      Off.
    • On the lower part, turn off the Search online and included web results option as well.

See the image as reference to the above steps:

Web search gone from windows search bar! 7c9e0858-2114-462b-b171-63b6e7d3089d.jpg

After doing the steps, try using search again and see if the web results will now disappear.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post your query anytime.

Anne Ros, Jul 19, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    how to remove "search the web and windows'' from the task bar

You're just failing to follow the steps properly. That's all.

Be sure to right click on an empty area of your taskbar, click on Search in the context menu, and then click on Disabled like below.

Web search gone from windows search bar! [​IMG]

If you don't see this above, then please post a screenshot of what you see when you right click on your taskbar.

Brink, Jul 19, 2020
  4. robnelli Win User

Web search gone from windows search bar!

Unable to Type in Search the Web and Windows Bar

Your suggestion unfortunately did not resolve the problem. I still cannot type anything in the "Search the web and Windows" box in the task bar. Additionally Cortana still will not run. When I hit the Windows Key and the S key, I can see Cortana start up from within the Task Manager but it immediately closes (exits).

robnelli, Jul 19, 2020
Thema:

Web search gone from windows search bar!

1. Web search gone from windows search bar! - Similar Threads - Web search gone

2. How to enable searching the web from the windows start menu/search bar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to enable searching the web from the windows start menu/search bar?: Hi,I'm trying to re-enable searching the web from the Windows search bar after it disappeared without me changing any settings. I tried modifying the registry to re-enable it without any luck. Any ideas?Thanks,Craze...
  3. How to enable searching the web from the windows start menu/search bar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to enable searching the web from the windows start menu/search bar?: Hi,I'm trying to re-enable searching the web from the Windows search bar after it disappeared without me changing any settings. I tried modifying the registry to re-enable it without any luck. Any ideas?Thanks,Craze...
  4. Search box gone from the task bar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search box gone from the task bar?: The search box on the left side of the taskbar is gone since I upgraded to Windows 11. Can I put that search box back on the task bar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-box-gone-from-the-task-bar/e33f10e2-4375-4b18-a5f4-6f126d449d35
  5. Search box gone from the task bar?

Search box gone from the task bar?: The search box on the left side of the taskbar is gone since I upgraded to Windows 11. Can I put that search box back on the task bar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-box-gone-from-the-task-bar/e33f10e2-4375-4b18-a5f4-6f126d449d35
  6. Web search are not showing in the task Bar Search windows 10

in Cortana
    Web search are not showing in the task Bar Search windows 10: Primarily in the beginning when i type anything other than the existing files i.e non existing file. It used to give me bing suggestions and then would redirect me to the edge website when clicked on the web suggestion. But now the web suggestions are not shown. How to...
  7. Web search are not showing in the task Bar Search windows 10

Web search are not showing in the task Bar Search windows 10: Primarily in the beginning when i type anything other than the existing files i.e non existing file. It used to give me bing suggestions and then would redirect me to the edge website when clicked on the web suggestion. But now the web suggestions are not shown. How to...
  8. Search bar gone black

in Cortana
    Search bar gone black: My search bar has gone black! When I click on it and start to type a visible drop down appears showing that I am actually typing something but you cannot see anything in the search bar....
  9. Web search results not included in search bar

in Cortana
    Web search results not included in search bar: To whom it may concern, I updated from Windows 10 Home 1803 to 1903 yesterday June 19th 2019. Everything seemed fine after that until I discovered that the web searches are no longer included in my searches from the search bar. It only displays local content from my docs,...
  10. Search the web and Windows bar

in Windows 10 Support
    Search the web and Windows bar: Hello, Windows 10 just did an update and now there is this little search bar in the corner, and I don't want there as it uses Internet Explorer and will never use it. How do I get rid, I've right clicked and unticked all the ticked things but it won't go away. Also was...