Windows 10: Web search in Windows search isn't working!

Discus and support Web search in Windows search isn't working! in Cortana to solve the problem; When i search in windows ,prior i got web searches as suggestions , Well now i don't get any suggestions from the web. Can you please help me get... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Krishna.R.Acharya, Aug 28, 2020.

1. Web search in Windows search isn't working!

When i search in windows ,prior i got web searches as suggestions ,

Well now i don't get any suggestions from the web.

Can you please help me get through this.

:)

Krishna.R.Acharya, Aug 28, 2020
  2. rtwjunkie Win User

Search Question

Which is why I suggested he try there instead. TPU is too limited of a user base to search here alone for anything gaming related.

rtwjunkie, Aug 28, 2020
  3. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Aug 28, 2020
  4. Anne Ros Win User

Web search in Windows search isn't working!

Turn Off Web Search Results When Searching My Computer

Hi,

If you are pertaining to the Cortana search web results, you can disable it and improve local search results. Follow the steps below to disable web results:

• Click the search bar.
    • Select the Notebook icon on the left pane of the search bar.
    • From the options, select Settings. (Note: On the later versions of Windows, the Settings button might be outside the Notebook icon.)
    • On the Settings, toggle the Cortana gives me suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more option to
      Off.
    • On the lower part, turn off the Search online and included web results option as well.

See the image as reference to the above steps:

Web search in Windows search isn't working! 7c9e0858-2114-462b-b171-63b6e7d3089d.jpg

After doing the steps, try using search again and see if the web results will now disappear.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post your query anytime.

Anne Ros, Aug 28, 2020
Thema:

Web search in Windows search isn't working!

1. Web search in Windows search isn't working! - Similar Threads - Web search search

2. Web search not working.

in Cortana
    Web search not working.: Web searching is not working. I have tried indexing, rebuilding, restarting services and cortana. This was triggered by a debloat. I am not just going to 'use Google' because I like convenience sake....
  3. Web search not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Web search not working.: Web searching is not working. I have tried indexing, rebuilding, restarting services and cortana. This was triggered by a debloat. I am not just going to 'use Google' because I like convenience sake....
  4. Web search not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows search isn't working.

in Cortana
    Windows search isn't working.: Hello everyone, I had deleted the cortana folder some time ago because cortana was quite bother some. Later I realised that windows search was also part of that folder, somehow through a sfc /scannow command I got the files back, only problem is SearchUI still doesn't work....
  6. Windows Search isn't working

in Cortana
    Windows Search isn't working: whenever I try to type in the search bar, it crashes Same thing happens when I type in Settings and the search option isn't working in Control Panel I've tried troubleshooting, the Command window and rebuilding the index they didn't work can anyone help...
  7. Help! My taskbar search isn't searching the web anymore.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help! My taskbar search isn't searching the web anymore.: [ATTACH] I'm not sure if it's just my laptop but my taskbar search isn't searching the web anymore. It only searches through my local files and programs. I've tried researching the problem on the internet but nothing came up besides indexing (which I've tried). Not being...
  8. Web Search in Windows search not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Web Search in Windows search not working: Is anyone having an issue with windows search? Normally when i want to web search something, I type it into windows search and web search it, but for some reason that isn't working for me anymore. Its like Web search in Windows search is just gone now....
  9. Search isn't working

in Windows 10 Support
    Search isn't working: I'm talking about pressing <Windows> and typing in a shortcut name that lives in C:\Users\<name>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs. Simply put, it doesn't find the shortcut. And I don't feel like rebuilding the entire index, since I doubt it will solve...
  10. SEARCH THE WEB AND WINDOWS Is Not Working

in Windows 10 Support
    SEARCH THE WEB AND WINDOWS Is Not Working: I am unable to use the SEARCH THE WEB AND WINDOWS function in Windows 10. When I click on its icon on the task bar, the hour glass circle flashes momentarily and immediately goes off. What needs to be enabled in MS CONFIG for this function to work? I have enabled every item...