Windows 10: Web search not working.

Discus and support Web search not working. in Cortana to solve the problem; Web searching is not working. I have tried indexing, rebuilding, restarting services and cortana. This was triggered by a debloat. I am not just going... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Sennen Carr, Feb 28, 2022.

1. Web search not working.

Web searching is not working. I have tried indexing, rebuilding, restarting services and cortana. This was triggered by a debloat. I am not just going to 'use Google' because I like convenience sake.

:)

Sennen Carr, Feb 28, 2022
  2. Carlo Fer Win User

Disable Store and Web search in Start Menu

Hello
    SystemSupport346,

Since the steps above did not work for you, we suggest that you disable web search by navigating the settings of Cortana itself. Please follow the steps below:

• Open the search box in the taskbar.
    • Click the Notebook icon.
    • Click Settings from the list.
    • On the Settings page, turn off the Cortana can give me suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more option.
    • Turn off the Search online and include web results. See screenshot below:

Web search not working. 4b6583c8-efc0-4f9f-a9a0-4ce531f271db?upload=true.png

Hope this information helps you. Feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Carlo Fer, Feb 28, 2022
  3. Disable Web Search Results in Windows 10 Start Menu

Hi Taira,

Disabling web results in the search box depends on the version and build of your Windows 10. We suggest checking the Windows 10 version and build installed on your computer. To check the version and build, follow the steps below:

• On Cortana search, type winver and press
      Enter
    • A pop-up box will appear containing the version and build of your operating system.

Meanwhile, you can try these steps on how to disable web results in the search box:

• Click the search box in the taskbar.
    • Select the Notebook icon
      Web search not working. a0c1fa7c-1198-4621-a19b-ece827a34a33.png

in the left pane.
    • Click Settings from the list.
    • In the Settings page, turn off the Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more option.
    • Also, turn off the Search online and include web results option.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

Gerard Qui, Feb 28, 2022
  4. Anne Ros Win User

Web search not working.

Turn Off Web Search Results When Searching My Computer

Hi,

If you are pertaining to the Cortana search web results, you can disable it and improve local search results. Follow the steps below to disable web results:

• Click the search bar.
    • Select the Notebook icon on the left pane of the search bar.
    • From the options, select Settings. (Note: On the later versions of Windows, the Settings button might be outside the Notebook icon.)
    • On the Settings, toggle the Cortana gives me suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more option to
      Off.
    • On the lower part, turn off the Search online and included web results option as well.

See the image as reference to the above steps:

Web search not working. 7c9e0858-2114-462b-b171-63b6e7d3089d.jpg

After doing the steps, try using search again and see if the web results will now disappear.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post your query anytime.

Anne Ros, Feb 28, 2022
Thema:

Web search not working.

1. Web search not working. - Similar Threads - Web search working

2. Web search not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Web search not working.: Web searching is not working. I have tried indexing, rebuilding, restarting services and cortana. This was triggered by a debloat. I am not just going to 'use Google' because I like convenience sake....
  3. Web search not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Web search not working.: Web searching is not working. I have tried indexing, rebuilding, restarting services and cortana. This was triggered by a debloat. I am not just going to 'use Google' because I like convenience sake....
  4. Web search in Windows search isn't working!

in Cortana
    Web search in Windows search isn't working!: When i search in windows ,prior i got web searches as suggestions , Well now i don't get any suggestions from the web. Can you please help me get through this....
  5. Web Search in Windows search not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Web Search in Windows search not working: Is anyone having an issue with windows search? Normally when i want to web search something, I type it into windows search and web search it, but for some reason that isn't working for me anymore. Its like Web search in Windows search is just gone now....
  6. no search the web?

in Cortana
    no search the web?: cortana sometimes searches the web when you don't want her to, while apple's siri can let you say "search the web for <subject>" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-search-the-web/efb003a7-5a55-4bda-8968-1e8518fb1b05"
  7. Search is searching the web again

in Windows 10 Support
    Search is searching the web again: I have just noticed that Search on my PC is suddenly searching the web. It didn't used to.I had that disabled. I don't use Cortana, so that is disabled. However, it seems that Microsoft in their incredible persistence to get hold of all my data, has enabled web search again....
  8. Search The Web And Windows Function Not Working

in Windows 10 Support
    Search The Web And Windows Function Not Working: I cannot enable the SEARCH THE WEB AND WINDOWS function on Windows 10. When I click on it, the hourglass icon flickers on and immediately disappears. Has anyone else experienced this problem? 22417
  9. SEARCH THE WEB AND WINDOWS Is Not Working

in Windows 10 Support
    SEARCH THE WEB AND WINDOWS Is Not Working: I am unable to use the SEARCH THE WEB AND WINDOWS function in Windows 10. When I click on its icon on the task bar, the hour glass circle flashes momentarily and immediately goes off. What needs to be enabled in MS CONFIG for this function to work? I have enabled every item...
  10. Search the web and Windows not working correctly.

in Windows 10 Support
    Search the web and Windows not working correctly.: Computer: HP Elite 8000 C2D E8400 Win 10 64 Bit 4GB RAM Windows 10 upgrade from Win7 installed. Have installed Office 10 and Chrome. Microsoft edge default browser. Problem: When I click the "Search the web and Windows " box I get "We can't connect to web search right...