Windows 10: Web site icons on start menu tiles

Discus and support Web site icons on start menu tiles in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is it possible to change the edge icon on the tile to one from a web site such as Google or Ccleaner etc. on a small tile. Some come that way... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Johannes, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Johannes Win User

Web site icons on start menu tiles

Is it possible to change the edge icon on the tile to one from a web site such as Google or Ccleaner etc. on a small tile.
    Some come that way automatically, but for others one has to hover the mouse over to see the text.

Web site icons on start menu tiles [​IMG]

:)

Johannes, Nov 18, 2015
  2. BobJedel Win User

Widows 10 live tiles customize.

Is there any chance to customize image of the live tile of web sites pinned to start menu? All pinned tiles looks the same with edge logo on it.

BobJedel, Nov 18, 2015
  3. BrucePyle Win User
    No more website icons pinned to Start menu after 1511 build update

What was nice before updating to 1511 build was that website favicons would be displayed in the Start menu tile for the pinned site. It was fast and easy to scroll and find a site. After the upgrade to 1511, the menu tiles only show the icon for the browser
    - i.e. the standard Edge icon and the standard Chrome icon.

Anybody else notice this? Is there a way to get these favicons back to display in the menu tiles?

Not critical, but it was very convenient before the upgrade.

BrucePyle, Nov 18, 2015
  4. Johannes Win User

Web site icons on start menu tiles [​IMG]
    Never mind, I am going to change the tiles with text to medium size. (sse pic)

Johannes, Nov 18, 2015
Thema:

1. Web site icons on start menu tiles - Similar Threads - Web site icons

2. specific web site ICONS

in Windows 10 Customization
    specific web site ICONS: Just bought a HP laptop for wife I use an iMac and all web sites come up automatically I can get icons up but all are in the google logo icon. How do I get a web site's logo onto my home page ? I've done the drag and drop from address bar with full address. been into...
  3. How to change Start menu tile icon

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change Start menu tile icon: I want to change the Settings tile to the new 10X settings icon. Can you help me with this? submitted by /u/stadiafan37 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hpt37v/how_to_change_start_menu_tile_icon/
  4. Edge Start Menu Web Site Add

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge Start Menu Web Site Add: Latest info from Google is to find "PIN TO START MENU" when I want to add a website to the START MENU. But there is no "PIN TO START MENU". Has this feature been deleted or is it hidden?...
  5. Start Menu Tiles and their Icons - How to fill entire tile with Icon?

Start Menu Tiles and their Icons - How to fill entire tile with Icon?: I have 3 shortcuts to websites... specifically links to Zoom conferences. I have pinned these shortcuts to the start menu as small tiles. I made 3 icons, one for each, in Illustrator, saved as PNG, then ran them through Gimp to save as Icons. Gimp has changed a LOT since I...
  6. How to assign icon to start menu tile.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to assign icon to start menu tile.: I've got an old app from Everett Kaiser called Sherlock. I've got the app pinned to my start menu. The icon is a smoking Calibaster pipe. Recently the app icon changed to what I would describe as a white page. I've tried to unpin from start and repinned from app on c: drive,...
  7. Manually edit tile icons in Start Menu?

Manually edit tile icons in Start Menu?: Hello, I've been searching for a while but I couldn't find sufficient answers on how to do this. Is there a tutorial to manually make and set tile icons for 3rd party programs that fill up the tiles as a whole just like Store app icons, without using any editing...
  8. Pin web site to start menu

in Browsers and Email
    Pin web site to start menu: Is it possible to pin web site to start menu? 34878
  9. Start menu tiles reverted to the browser icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu tiles reverted to the browser icon: A couple weeks ago my Windows 10 had a big update. When the computer restarted, my START menu icons (maybe they are called tiles) reverted to to the browser icon. This happened to most tiles in my START menu, which opened a website. See the screen shot below. All of these...
  10. Web site icons on start window?

in Windows 10 Support
    Web site icons on start window?: Is it possible to ad a web site icon/tile to the start window. For some reason the google web site icon is there, but I would like to add a few more of web sites I frequently visit. The right click on a web site URL does not give the option of creating a tile/icon on the...