Windows 10: Web site icons on start window?

Discus and support Web site icons on start window? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is it possible to ad a web site icon/tile to the start window. For some reason the google web site icon is there, but I would like to add a few more... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Johannes, Oct 10, 2015.

1. Johannes Win User

Web site icons on start window?

Is it possible to ad a web site icon/tile to the start window.
    For some reason the google web site icon is there, but I would like to add a few more of web sites I frequently visit.
    The right click on a web site URL does not give the option of creating a tile/icon on the start menu.
    Web site icons on start window? [​IMG]

:)

Johannes, Oct 10, 2015
  2. BigJimG Win User

Windows 10 Creators Update blocked Adobe Flash Content on MLB.com

I am able to get the Flash Player to work using the puzzle icon while on the

Adobe Flash Player test web site, but on this web site there is no puzzle icon:

http://schoonerwharf.com/webcam.cfm

BigJimG, Oct 10, 2015
  3. Docbrowne Win User
    Create icon on home screen from web site

How do create a shortcut on the desktop from a web page?

Docbrowne, Oct 10, 2015
  4. Edwin New Member

Navigate to a page you'd like to save and follow steps 1 thru 5.
    (I don't know why they call it 'taskbar' in steps 3 and 4!)

Edwin, Oct 11, 2015
  5. Johannes Win User
    Thank you very much.
    Just one more question, how can I enter the text like you have on the tile?

Johannes, Oct 11, 2015
  6. Edwin New Member
    Right click on the tile and switch to at least 'Medium'

Edwin, Oct 11, 2015
  7. Johannes Win User
    Great!, thank you again.*Smile

Johannes, Oct 11, 2015
  8. Edwin New Member

You're welcome. Glad to help.

Edwin, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Web site icons on start window? - Similar Threads - Web site icons

2. Pin web site to start missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pin web site to start missing: Pin web site to start missing is there a fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-web-site-to-start-missing/2ade8ff9-2cb5-4b76-9951-7ff008c8cbb4
  3. specific web site ICONS

specific web site ICONS: Just bought HP laptop for wife I can get icons up but all are in google logo icon How do I get a web's site icon onto my home page ? I've done the drag and drop from address bar with full address been into change icons in system but all mare your selections...
  4. specific web site ICONS

specific web site ICONS: Just bought a HP laptop for wife I use an iMac and all web sites come up automatically I can get icons up but all are in the google logo icon. How do I get a web site's logo onto my home page ? I've done the drag and drop from address bar with full address. been into...
  5. Edge Start Menu Web Site Add

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge Start Menu Web Site Add: Latest info from Google is to find "PIN TO START MENU" when I want to add a website to the START MENU. But there is no "PIN TO START MENU". Has this feature been deleted or is it hidden?...
  6. Web Sites Not Found

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Web Sites Not Found: Windows 10 Pro 16GB Memory, 500Gb SSD, 3 years old desktop This computer was working great Friday till the afternoon. MS Edge, Google Chrome cannot display web pages. It is connected to the network can print to network printer and access another computer. It...
  7. web site

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    web site: i went to a website and there address does not exist how do they keep operateing Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/web-site/dccdf822-e964-4953-9e97-24c91beab5cd
  8. Pin web site to start menu

in Browsers and Email
    Pin web site to start menu: Is it possible to pin web site to start menu? 34878
  9. Unable to Pin Web Site to Start

in Browsers and Email
    Unable to Pin Web Site to Start: I try to [pin a web site to start but after selecting "Pin this page to start" I get no confirmation dialog. The page is nowhere in the start screen and I have no issues with other web sites I've tried to pin. This is after a clean install and this occurred yesterday...
  10. Web site icons on start menu tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    Web site icons on start menu tiles: Is it possible to change the edge icon on the tile to one from a web site such as Google or Ccleaner etc. on a small tile. Some come that way automatically, but for others one has to hover the mouse over to see the text. [img] 30597

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is it possible to show web site icons on start screen