Windows 10: Webcam and external speakers not working

Discus and support Webcam and external speakers not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I upgraded a Windows 7 computer to Windows 10 in January. Since then my speakers and Creative webcam have not worked. Do I need new drivers or new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TimSkidmore, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Webcam and external speakers not working

I upgraded a Windows 7 computer to Windows 10 in January. Since then my speakers and Creative webcam have not worked. Do I need new drivers or new hardware and how do I determine?

:)

TimSkidmore, Mar 30, 2020
  2. Naresh_K Win User

Webcam not working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

This issue can occur if the camera drivers are not up-to date, your anti-virus may be blocking the camera, or camera app is not installed properly. I would suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article:
    Camera does not work in Windows 10. You can also refer to the suggestion on HP article:
    HP PCs - Webcam Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 8).

If you need any further assistance, please write back with the following information:

1. What happens when you are trying to access Camera app?
    2. What is the exact error message you are getting?
    3. What is version of Windows 10 that is installed on your device?
    4. Are you using an external webcam? If yes, please help us with the make and model of the webcam.

Regards,

Naresh_K, Mar 30, 2020
  3. Webcam only in B/W

Hi Seth,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I can understand that it must be difficult for you when things are not working as it should.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

1. What is the model number of the laptop?
    2. Is this an external/internal webcam?
    3. If it’s an external webcam, may I know the make and model of the webcam?

I suggest you to refer the section ‘Roll back your webcam driver’ from the article
    Camera does not work in Windows 10 for the troubleshooting steps.

Get back to us for further assistance on this issue with the required information. We will be happy to help you.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Mar 30, 2020
  4. Webcam and external speakers not working

Webcam not working in Windows 10 Pro on Microsoft camera app and not on Skype

Hi,

Since you mentioned that you already reinstalled the driver for your webcam, we suggest that you perform these troubleshooting steps to resolve your concern:

Get back to us with the results of the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Kristoffer Abs, Mar 30, 2020
Thema:

Webcam and external speakers not working

1. Webcam and external speakers not working - Similar Threads - Webcam external speakers

2. External speakers not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External speakers not working: Greetings, My Razer Nommo external speakers have no sound.I'm running Win 10 and I have upgraded and checked my connections, I have also uninstalled Realtek and installed it again, but yet still nothing is happening.When I tap on the speaker icon in my taskbar all that shows...
  3. External speakers not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External speakers not working: Greetings, My Razer Nommo external speakers have no sound.I'm running Win 10 and I have upgraded and checked my connections, I have also uninstalled Realtek and installed it again, but yet still nothing is happening.When I tap on the speaker icon in my taskbar all that shows...
  4. External speakers not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. external speakers not working

external speakers not working: My External speakers stopped working. May be due to Realtek update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-speakers-not-working/8e5437f8-70d4-47ee-ae16-d7a00ec4ca98
  6. external speakers not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    external speakers not working: My External speakers stopped working. May be due to Realtek update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-speakers-not-working/8e5437f8-70d4-47ee-ae16-d7a00ec4ca98
  7. External webcam speakers not detected in output sound

External webcam speakers not detected in output sound: I've got a Toshiba laptop it's a older version all the drivers are up to date as I have checked from the manufacturer website. I've got a Logitech c920 external webcam everything is fine except it does not show up in playback sound does not show up in output sound does not...
  8. External Speaker Is Not Working

External Speaker Is Not Working: I have connected two wires from the speakers to the laptop but the external speaker is not working. The sound is being heard from the internal speaker. I have already tried clicking the speaker button in the taskbar. Please suggest me something else than that....
  9. External Speakers not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    External Speakers not working: Hey there, my work computer is brand new and running windows 10. We previously had XP (I know...) for some reason the speakers will not play music at all. I’ve tried the troubleshooting options and to show disabled/disconnected items on the audio menu but they aren’t even...
  10. External speakers not working

External speakers not working: When I turn on the computer I see a message that states 'audio output device is not installed'. The speakers have been attached to another computer and work fine. They worked fine last week. 96550