Windows 10: Webcam and Mic stopped working on laptop

Discus and support Webcam and Mic stopped working on laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello guys ! I have an MSI GS66 laptop and suddenly my camera and mic stopped working. The camera isn't on device manager even in hidden mode. I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MarcAyoub, Jan 29, 2021.

1. MarcAyoub Win User

Webcam and Mic stopped working on laptop

Hello guys !

I have an MSI GS66 laptop and suddenly my camera and mic stopped working. The camera isn't on device manager even in hidden mode.

I've try so far :

- Reset windows
    - SFC Scan restore health, cleanup etc...

- Checking privacy

- Running troubleshooter on all categories

- Pressing FN + F4/F6 + ALL THE FXX

- Update drivers

- Uninstalled antivirus disabled windows defender.

Any other ideas ? :

Thank you !

:)

MarcAyoub, Jan 29, 2021
  2. scysci Win User

ASUS new laptop not detecting built-in webcam and mic

Hi

I tried your solutions but the problem still remains. The laptop does not detect the webcam at all(not listed in Device Manager). I even hard-reset the hard drive but the webcam and mic still did not work. Do you have any other possible solutions?

scysci, Jan 29, 2021
  3. bjproc Win User
    Mic/Webcam set up

Hi,
    My wife is working from home, she's using her Win 10 Samsung laptop, but struggling for webcam & mic set up.

This is pictures of whats happening. first one is the error, 2nd is the options, then the next 2 are in the security when you click manage, just can't get them to work, say drivers are all up to date and both are enabled in device manger, she's got a mic/headset from her work and this works, but still no webcam.

Webcam and Mic stopped working on laptop [​IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

we were trying through facebook for setting up the webcam & mic, not sure if this was the right thing to do?

bjproc, Jan 29, 2021
  4. rezpower Win User

HP laptop webcam stopped working, and driver problems

On my HP for some reason the driver is always downloaded from microsoft by windows update!
    You should try to get the MS one I guess.

Look at the attached images:

This is how you see it in device manager.

Maybe you should try to update the driver manually or even choose :
    Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer and see if
    you can find it.

rezpower, Jan 29, 2021
Thema:

1. Webcam and Mic stopped working on laptop - Similar Threads - Webcam Mic stopped

2. Mic stopped working?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mic stopped working?: My laptop after being through years of damage will randomly shut down and then start back up again randomly, and usually it's fine. This time I was on a call with friends, and it happened, and now my microphone isn't working at all. My computer doesn't pick up any problems,...
  3. Webcam stopped working

Webcam stopped working: I have an HP tower I bought in the Fall of 2020 along with a webcam on Amazon, which is plug and play. It worked fine on several of the Zoom sessions I needed to be on. I recently needed to use it again, but it wouldn't work. I have done all the suggested fixes, i.e. given...
  4. Webcam Mic not working

Webcam Mic not working: Hey guys, I have a problem with my Webcam which iam using as a Mic and its kinda broken :/ My Windows is a Custom Version I made with Ntlite (newest build)... but it worked before installing EQ APO ! ) The video function works in Discord and everywhere else, but not the...
  5. Dell Laptop Webcam stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell Laptop Webcam stopped working: Dell laptop build in webcam stopped working. Get error code: 0xA00F4244<noCameraAreAttached. Privacy settings are all on. In Device Manager I do not get a Camera option....
  6. mic stopped working

mic stopped working: The issue occurred after Windows 10 was updated. I was trying to get in touch with my friend over facebook but mic wasn’t working.I wasn’t able to turn it on in the settings...
  7. Asus laptop USB2.0 VGA webcam stopped working

Asus laptop USB2.0 VGA webcam stopped working: For the past 2 weeks my usb2.0 VGA UVC Webcam built-in on my Asus X409FJ notebook has not been working. I noticed it started this after Windows did some auto updates. I've tried everything, installing re-installing, changing updating drivers, rolling back drivers,...
  8. webcam mic not working on windows 10

webcam mic not working on windows 10: I am able to install my "Campark" spca6350 both as camera and default mic. however there is no sound. The mic is enabled but the volume slider remains at 0 db. Not Mute [ATTACH]...
  9. webcam stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    webcam stopped working: My webcam stopped working. If I start the camera app there is a screen of dark colored static, never an image. Have uninstalled & reinstalled cameras regular and infrared, updated drivers, rolled back drivers, repeatedly scanned for hardware changes, dxdiag, webcam...
  10. webcam and mic

in Windows 10 Customization
    webcam and mic: how to access https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/webcam-and-mic/bed538b8-ab30-4e98-b67c-a2f4280e9f6c