Windows 10: Webcam and Microphone Issue

Discus and support Webcam and Microphone Issue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have an HP ENVY - 15-as133cl. I have installed windows 10 1903 on it. My Webcam and Microphone works in sound recorder and in Facebook... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kevin Greaves, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Webcam and Microphone Issue

Hello, I have an HP ENVY - 15-as133cl. I have installed windows 10 1903 on it. My Webcam and Microphone works in sound recorder and in Facebook Messenger app. It does not work in Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, or Adobe Audition. It also does not work on any websites that need microphone access like www.onlinemictest.com. On google chrome it shows camera/microphone not authorized/or you need to enable microphone/camera in your settings. I have allowed access to them in google chrome settings and the settings app in windows 10. I believe it is a driver issue because I have reinstalled windows 10 numerous times and when I checked device manager it says "Microphone Array (Conexant ISST Audio)" and "Speaker (Conexant ISST Audio)" which looks fine. When i go to properties and check on the hardware id it displays as "MMDEVAPI\AudioEndpoints" for both the speaker and microphone. I looked it up and it shows MMDEVAPI\AudioEndpoints as a generic driver. I have scanned for hardware changes and even uninstalled and let windows reinstall the devices. I have all the latest updates installed for windows and google chrome. If someone could help me out with this issue that would be great.

:)

Kevin Greaves, Nov 7, 2019
  2. John Sarc Win User

My webcam and microphone don't work.

Hi Remy,

Your concern description is conclusive to drivers issue. Let's get ourselves on the same page. Usually, there's an error message to show up when you're trying to use it and not working. If you get any, send us a screenshot. We would also like to know the
    following:

• Are you using the built-in webcam and microphone or external ones?
    • Have you made any modifications/configurations on your computer prior to the issue?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

John Sarc, Nov 7, 2019
  3. My webcam and microphone is not working.

Hi Ali,

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with Microphone and Webcam.

What is the make and model of your computer?

Did you make any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

This issue might be because of settings related to Microphone.

The issue cab be resolved by making Microphone as the default device and updating the sound card drivers.

Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled and is set as default.

Make sure that the microphone that you are using is not disabled and is set as default in the computer. Follow these steps to check this:

a) Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

b) Now, right click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

c) Select “Microphone” and click on “Properties” and make sure that the microphone is enabled.

d) You may also check if the microphone that you are using is set as default.

I suggest you to follow the below link to troubleshoot with camera in Windows 10:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/17444/windows-camera-app-webcams-help

Please reply with the results, we are happy to help you further.

Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, Nov 7, 2019
  4. Riel Alc Win User

Webcam and Microphone Issue

Microphone issues

Hi Michael,

Here are the possible reasons why you're getting an error "The microphone did not pick anything up" when using it:

• Incorrect settings (microphone is not set as default device)
    • Corrupted or outdated driver
    • Faulty device

For us to isolate the issue, we'd like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made to your computer prior to this issue(e.g. Windows updates)?
    • Have you tried connecting other microphone to your computer?
    • Have you tried connecting the microphone to the other computer?

In the meantime, we suggest running the Recording Audio Troubleshooter to find and repair problems with recording sound. We also suggest checking if your microphone is set as your default recording device. For troubleshooting steps, please see
    Geethu B's on this
    link.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Nov 7, 2019
Thema:

Webcam and Microphone Issue

1. Webcam and Microphone Issue - Similar Threads - Webcam Microphone Issue

2. Webcam issue.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Webcam issue.: How to turn off web camera which turns on when desktop PC running Windows 10 starts. Just started doing this today. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/webcam-issue/0454ba27-5ca3-48db-887f-2fd231069abe
  3. Webcam and Microphone not working !!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Webcam and Microphone not working !!: Hi there,A month ago my laptop showed some errors, like when I was opening Camera app, it was showing that pls plug in camera, despite the fact that I have in-built camera in the laptop, then when I try to record audio, no audio is being recorded, even when microphone also...
  4. Webcam Microphone issues

Webcam Microphone issues: Yet another Windows 10 issue... I have an external USB webcam/microphone from Aukey, the issue is the same I had with another one I sent back to Amazon thinking it was dud The micrphone cycles to work or not. On teams as the deafult mic it won't work. When I cycle to the...
  5. Crackly Webcam Microphone

Crackly Webcam Microphone: HP Envy Laptop 64 on Windows 10. My webcam mic is extremely crackly on the Camera Video app and on Audacity audio recording playback and yet my Skype partner says it is OK quality though she says it has been crackly and poor in the past. If I check output on the meter it is...
  6. Webcam issue

Webcam issue: I am facing problems with the webcam functioning since the last update of Windows 10 on the Asus Zenbook UX434FAC_UX434FA. Already tried what the Microsoft Support recommended and restrated the computer but still doesn`t work. Any suggestion?...
  7. Webcam issue

Webcam issue: Recently the integrated webcam on my Lenovo Yoga 900-13ISK2 started having problems when used with Skype - it crashed after a few minutes - but no problems with other videoconference websites or apps. A couple of days ago, after the usual crash over Skype, I tried to delve...
  8. Microphone and Webcam Access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microphone and Webcam Access: Hello! My thoughts are with everyone. I am trying to get prepped for online classes, and I am having MAJOR issues with my webcam and microphone. On Google Meet, Google Hangouts, Zoom, etc. the microphone and webcam connect, but my computer then tells me that they don't...
  9. microphone and webcam

microphone and webcam: I am using VAIO Intel cor i3 processor 2.20 Ghz. I used webcam and built in microphone for skype calls but now both of them are not working. I dont know whether they are physically damaged or there is some error in the software. Please help. Also i have Ms Office not...
  10. Webcam Issues

Webcam Issues: Hi All, I've read several threads on webcam issues and it all seems to be related to the constant updates. The latest error I'm getting is attached. When I check my driver details, it states my built-in webcame is now a USB video device (version 10.0.17134.1). I've...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. MMDEVAPI\AudioEndpoints