Windows 10: Webcam and microphone not working properly

Discus and support Webcam and microphone not working properly in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I recently got an Asus ZenBook Flip 13 UX362FA. It's the version with the "Worldview Camera", which works fine. But the webcam (which is also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Syhota, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Syhota Win User

Webcam and microphone not working properly

Hello,

I recently got an Asus ZenBook Flip 13 UX362FA. It's the version with the "Worldview Camera", which works fine. But the webcam (which is also used for Windows Hello) doesn't work, giving either the 0xA00F4271 <MediaCaptureFailed> (0xC00D3E85) error or one saying the camera is in use by another application. I've looked through Task Manager to close any applications that could possibly be using it to no avail - I even reset the PC to total defaults and even during the setup process for Windows Hello it said the camera was in use by another application. Tried disabling, enabling, removing and reinstalling the drivers to no avail either. Also tried using the DISM and SFC commands but nothing.

As a side note, the Voice Recorder app "records" using the microphones but there's nothing in the files - no audio is played. Not sure what's causing that and haven't probed into it as deeply.

Would appreciate some help on this one.

:)

Syhota, Sep 1, 2019
  2. Rolly13 Win User

Microphone not working properly after upgrade to 1803

After upgrade to 1803 my microphone is not working properly. I googeld and found many times this answer:

1. Hit Windows key and search for "microphone privacy settings"
    2. Hit "Allow access to the microphone on this device"
    3. Switch "Allow apps to access your microphone" to ON
    Among the apps that are showing is Edge. There the mike is working, but on chrome and my games microphone is not working

Rolly13, Sep 1, 2019
  3. John Sarc Win User
    My webcam and microphone don't work.

Hi Remy,

Your concern description is conclusive to drivers issue. Let's get ourselves on the same page. Usually, there's an error message to show up when you're trying to use it and not working. If you get any, send us a screenshot. We would also like to know the
    following:

• Are you using the built-in webcam and microphone or external ones?
    • Have you made any modifications/configurations on your computer prior to the issue?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

John Sarc, Sep 1, 2019
  4. Webcam and microphone not working properly

Neither my webcam nor my microphone are working

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

• Do you have webcam and Microphone Together?

• How have you connected the Webcam and Microphone to the computer?

• If USB, have you tried switching the ports?

Please reply for further help.

Waseemulla S, Sep 1, 2019
Thema:

Webcam and microphone not working properly

1. Webcam and microphone not working properly - Similar Threads - Webcam microphone working

2. Microphone not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone not working properly: My inbuilt laptop microphone Microsoft Array-Intel Smart Sound Technology for Digital Microphones is not working properly. When I record something using this microphone the audio gets recorded at 0.5x speed. When I play the recorded audio it plays like I am listening at 2x of...
  3. Microphone not working properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone not working properly: My inbuilt laptop microphone Microsoft Array-Intel Smart Sound Technology for Digital Microphones is not working properly. When I record something using this microphone the audio gets recorded at 0.5x speed. When I play the recorded audio it plays like I am listening at 2x of...
  4. Microphone not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone not working properly: HelloI have a weird situation. First, if no microphone is plugged in my laptop I can't use built in mic. like when I go to control panel or settings and test the mic, it doesn't record anything. then if I want to use a Bluetooth device with a mic, I can use it without any...
  5. Microphone not working properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone not working properly: HelloI have a weird situation. First, if no microphone is plugged in my laptop I can't use built in mic. like when I go to control panel or settings and test the mic, it doesn't record anything. then if I want to use a Bluetooth device with a mic, I can use it without any...
  6. Webcam and Microphone not working !!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Webcam and Microphone not working !!: Hi there,A month ago my laptop showed some errors, like when I was opening Camera app, it was showing that pls plug in camera, despite the fact that I have in-built camera in the laptop, then when I try to record audio, no audio is being recorded, even when microphone also...
  7. Microphone not working properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microphone not working properly: When I am on a call, and some audio is playing on my device in the background, the other side is able to hear the background sound. My PC doesn't cancel that voice.Is there a way to fix this?...
  8. USB microphones not working properly

USB microphones not working properly: Think this question has been asked some times in the past but without a satisfactory answer. I bought a USB microphone Tonor TC-777 and found that it worked very poorly on my laptop ASUS Vivobook S14 with Windows 10. The recording volume is extremely low even at maximum...
  9. Microphone is not working properly

Microphone is not working properly: I can't hear anyone chat or voice I think my microphone is not working in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-is-not-working-properly/bbe3805d-db3e-48f8-9a16-8585362f005f
  10. Webcam microphone does not work.

Webcam microphone does not work.: I just bought USB webcam with built-in microphone.Camera works but mic does not.I tried different things updated drivers,changed settings etc but no luck.I have Windows 10 desktop....