Windows 10: webcam and Teams not working

Discus and support webcam and Teams not working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; the webcam does not work on my asus laptop, uninstalled and did the scan for harware changes and now it shows USB video devise, but still does no work,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Donna Cl1, Nov 10, 2022.

1. Donna Cl1 Win User

webcam and Teams not working

the webcam does not work on my asus laptop, uninstalled and did the scan for harware changes and now it shows USB video devise, but still does no work, and I don't have a USB camera, it's built in, windows 8, any way to fix it? also teams will not download, can use web version, but app will not

:)

Donna Cl1, Nov 10, 2022
  2. Ertrugrul Win User

My Webcam is not working with Microsoft Teams

Hi Antonio,

I have gone into settings as you said.

Microsoft Teams is listed under 'Some desktop apps might not appear in the following list or are not affected by this setting' which comes under the 'Allow desktop apps to access your camera'.

The Webcam works with the following apps: -

Windows Camera app

Skype (from Microsoft)

Zoom

I have checked that my Kaspersky software and it is allowing access by Teams to the Webcam. I uninstalled the Webcam driver and then reinstalled it.

As the Webcam works with all other apps then I believe it must be the interaction with Teams and my Webcam.

Please advise next steps please.

Ertrugrul, Nov 10, 2022
  3. My webcam only works on microsoft teams

Hi,

I've been trying to make my built-in webcam work in several apps in the past days (even windows camera) after reinstalling windows earlier but I was unsuccessful. I did all that was reported in previous threads such as reinstalling drivers, changing options
    in privacy>camera, even updating bios. But today when starting a video call using microsoft teams desktop app (it doesn't work on teams browser version) my webcam was suddenly recognized and started working... but only in microsoft teams desktop app. I've
    already uninstalled it, but it still doesn't work anywhere but teams app. I installed it again to see if it was reproducible, and it is, it's still working on teams only. Even using an external webcam (I used my cellphone with USB and an IP Webcam app on both
    desktop and mobile), but even tho I could see my image on the IP Webcam app, it didn't show up as an available webcam on any app (it's always saying that "there's no webcam available").

Is there a way to fix that and have my webcam working on all apps?

Thanks in advance.

PedroMachado7, Nov 10, 2022
  4. Naresh_K Win User

Webcam not working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

This issue can occur if the camera drivers are not up-to date, your anti-virus may be blocking the camera, or camera app is not installed properly. I would suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article:
    Camera does not work in Windows 10. You can also refer to the suggestion on HP article:
    HP PCs - Webcam Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 8).

If you need any further assistance, please write back with the following information:

1. What happens when you are trying to access Camera app?
    2. What is the exact error message you are getting?
    3. What is version of Windows 10 that is installed on your device?
    4. Are you using an external webcam? If yes, please help us with the make and model of the webcam.

Regards,

Naresh_K, Nov 10, 2022
Thema:

1. webcam and Teams not working - Similar Threads - webcam Teams working

2. webcam and Teams not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    webcam and Teams not working: the webcam does not work on my asus laptop, uninstalled and did the scan for harware changes and now it shows USB video devise, but still does no work, and I don't have a USB camera, it's built in, windows 8, any way to fix it? also teams will not download, can use web...
  3. Webcam freezes in Zoom or Teams when launched

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Webcam freezes in Zoom or Teams when launched: Hello, I have checked for updates to ensure that the laptop is on the latest and greatest windows update. Whenever the user wants to attend a zoom or teams meeting the webcam launches and freezes. Hardware: HP ZBook 15 G4, sn: CND8194Z3D The device is listed as an HP HD...
  4. My webcam only works on microsoft teams

My webcam only works on microsoft teams: Hi, I've been trying to make my built-in webcam work in several apps in the past days even windows camera after reinstalling windows earlier but I was unsuccessful. I did all that was reported in previous threads such as reinstalling drivers, changing options in...
  5. Teams not detecting the internal and external webcam

Teams not detecting the internal and external webcam: Microsoft teams was working fine since yesterday. It started not detecting the camera although all the necessary permissions are given to it. Microphone is working just fine as always. Device Name - Lenovo 80D OS - Windows 10 latest build...
  6. microsoft teams webcam not working

microsoft teams webcam not working: Yesterday the 23rd of June I was having a school meeting as I was going to on the camera when suddenly it said "No available camera found" this problem was in the camera also.I cannot on the camera as it is stuck zoom and other meetings have access to the camera I need the...
  7. My Webcam is not working with Microsoft Teams

My Webcam is not working with Microsoft Teams: My Webcam is not working with Microsoft Teams. When I start a Microsoft Teams meeting the Webcam light switches on but the window showing the picture remains blank I have uninstalled the Webcam driver and re-installed it. My Microsoft Webcam Apps works fine. Skype...
  8. Webcam - not working with Mircosoft Apps - teams/skype/camera

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Webcam - not working with Mircosoft Apps - teams/skype/camera: I can see the camera HP Webcam HD2300 in the device manager. the software is up to date. When I open zoom settings the camera is working. However, when I make zoom calls the camera is not working. This started happening yesterday in Teams and it affects everything. I...
  9. WebCam doen't work in Teams but in Zoom application does.

WebCam doen't work in Teams but in Zoom application does.: Hi I have Windows 10 Pro with all update also drivers. I have installed an usb WebCam and Windows 10 shows it in Settings --> Bluetooth & other devices. The WebCam also appears in the Control Panel --> Device Manager under the label Imaging Devices. The Microphone of the...
  10. My Logitech WebCam video function does not work with Teams

My Logitech WebCam video function does not work with Teams: I have installed Logitech Webcam to my Windows 10 Laptop. In Teams settings I can see that Webcam is recognized as Microphone and Camera. I have checked all relevant allowances and driver versions and they should be ok. I can join Teams meeting and microphone is working fine...