Windows 10: Webcam Audio device issue

Discus and support Webcam Audio device issue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a windows 10 2004 machine. and am trying to connect a webcam to the system but the system wont detect it's mic. It would show as "AC interface"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by manoj sharma 13, Sep 23, 2020.

1. Webcam Audio device issue

I have a windows 10 2004 machine. and am trying to connect a webcam to the system but the system wont detect it's mic.

It would show as "AC interface" in device manager with Code 10 error " Device cannot start ". I was getting the error in Skype as device is in use and in Camera app it showed as Media could not start

yesterday, i tried checking the same web cam on my wife's corporate laptop and it worked fine seamlessly.

So i curiously went to device manager and checked that AC Interface didn't had yellow mark on it and was working fine in teams.

Windows 10 version was 1809.

Some where in internet i found to find the class guid of the device from device manager. so i checked on my wife's laptop and it showed as mmci.dll for installer32 key for device class guid.

This dll is present in system32 folder in 1809 but was absent in 2004.

I tried various stuff like extracting the ISO setup of previous versions of windows 10 and copied the mmci.dll from there to system32 and registering using regsvr32 but was not able to load DLL.

And to my surprise the same DLL was also not present in 2004 setup.

I am highly doubting that this mmci.dll has something to do with webcam issues.

Has anyone tried doing any of this because I am stuck after purchasing a costly camera but of no use to me.

:)

manoj sharma 13, Sep 23, 2020

2. new webcam connection with device warning

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Based on the description, I am assuming that you are facing difficulties in setting up the Hrayzan webcam on your PC.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Version and Build of Windows 10 installed? (Type winver
      in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the make and model of the PC?
    • Did you try to connect this webcam on different PC?
    • Do you have another webcam that you can connect on this device?

Meanwhile we would suggest you to update driver
    and check.

1. Connect the webcam
    2. Press Windows + X key
      and select Device Manager from the context menu.
    3. Spot and expand the “Universal Serial Bus controllers”.
    4. Right click on the USB Composite Device driver and select
      “Update driver”
    5. Select Search automatically for drivers. Follow the onscreen steps
    6. Perform step 4 & 5 for
      Audio inputs and outputs
      & Camera drivers.
    7. Restart the PC and check.

Let us know the results. If the issue persists, we will certainly assist you further.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Sep 23, 2020
  3. temp02 Win User
    Skype webcam sound won't work

Terminate Skype, then go to Control panel -> Sound and audio devices -> Audio -> un-check "Use only default devices", restart Skype and see if the webcam audio input is listed.

temp02, Sep 23, 2020
  4. Webcam Audio device issue

Audio device issue

Hi Venu,

Incompatible audio device drivers are known to operate against the method that Windows 10 follows. First, uninstall the audio driver, then follow these steps to resolve the issue:

• Right-click on the name of your PC at the top of the list of devices in
      Device Manager
    • Select Scan for hardware changes to reinstall the device driver, or download and install the latest version from the manufacturer’s website.

Let us know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, Sep 23, 2020
Thema:

Webcam Audio device issue

1. Webcam Audio device issue - Similar Threads - Webcam Audio device

2. Webcam issue.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Webcam issue.: How to turn off web camera which turns on when desktop PC running Windows 10 starts. Just started doing this today. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/webcam-issue/0454ba27-5ca3-48db-887f-2fd231069abe
  3. webcam issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    webcam issues: webcam does not appear in the device manager.HP EliteBook laptop with built in camera.Windows 10 with latest updateshelp https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/webcam-issues/aeb1cb77-4c6c-412e-b51e-54cf81681a98
  4. Webcam showing up as an audio device.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Webcam showing up as an audio device.: Title says it all. But, I should probably provide some more information. I am trying to use a webcam with my desktop applications, Zoom, OBS, Discord, Facebook Messenger. Yesterday it was working fine, I had it connected to OBS and I was testing out my classroom scene,...
  5. WEBCAM ISSUE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WEBCAM ISSUE: ALL OF THE SUDDEN WEBCAM VIEW HAS BECOME BLURR https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/webcam-issue/894d74d0-1a12-4828-9995-cb072a13611f
  6. webcam issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    webcam issue: hello please support me, my integrated webcam not working properly it has occurring 0xA00F4244 error, and I couldn't found driver on device manager ,but the webcam is listed in hidden files. after sometimes the camera will be ok and I could use it, at that time driver is...
  7. Webcam issue

Webcam issue: Recently the integrated webcam on my Lenovo Yoga 900-13ISK2 started having problems when used with Skype - it crashed after a few minutes - but no problems with other videoconference websites or apps. A couple of days ago, after the usual crash over Skype, I tried to delve...
  8. Issues with Webcam

Issues with Webcam: I'm attempting to utilize my webcam but it isn't listed under imaging devices; it is under cameras. Under Imaging devices is my printer with scanner. I've been searching the internet but none of the options offered have worked. For a while I was getting a message that...
  9. WebCam issue

WebCam issue: Camera not working; and cannot find WebCam device in HP Laptop Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/webcam-issue/e567ad39-5403-4f21-8f5f-277a0edb112a
  10. Webcam Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Webcam Issues: Hi All, I've read several threads on webcam issues and it all seems to be related to the constant updates. The latest error I'm getting is attached. When I check my driver details, it states my built-in webcame is now a USB video device (version 10.0.17134.1). I've...