Windows 10: webcam black screen issues in Windows 10

Discus and support webcam black screen issues in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Good Evening, I am not able to use my Front Facing Camera. I have a Black Screen. Help, please?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DeborahGuinther, Oct 4, 2020.

1. webcam black screen issues in Windows 10

Good Evening,

I am not able to use my Front Facing Camera. I have a Black Screen.

Help, please?

:)

DeborahGuinther, Oct 4, 2020

2. Black screen issue on Windows 10.

Hi Preet,

I appreciate if you could answer to a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Did you install any third party security application?
    • Does the black screen goes automatically after a period of time?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to refer to the article provided below and c heck if that helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14106/windows-10-troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Oct 4, 2020
  3. Windows 10 on MacBook Pro 2016 with Boot Camp (Black Screen)

Hi Joris,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

The issue you are facing with black screen, I suggest you to refer the below link and follow the suggestions provided by Sharath Srinivasa and see if it helps in resolving the issue.

Black screen after upgrading to Windows 10

Regarding with keyboard and webcam issue, I would like to know some more information.

• Do you receive any error message when you try to use keyboard and webcam?
    • Have you made any changes to the system prior to this issue?
    I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the keyboard and webcam drivers from device manager and check.

Follow the steps:

a. Press Windows Key + X and then click
    Device Manager.

b. Expand Keyboard drivers.

c. Right on the Keyboard drivers and select uninstall.

e. Restart the computer.

Once completed, restart your computer. Your Keyboard
    drivers will automatically install.

Follow the same steps for Webcam drivers as well.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Oct 4, 2020
  4. Arul_D Win User

webcam black screen issues in Windows 10

Black Screen on Startup

Hello,

Could you please answer few questions:

• When you say “Now, nothing is on my desktop” what exactly are you referring to?

• Are you getting black screen after Sign in?
    If you are getting black screen after sign in, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the below help article and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Arul_D, Oct 4, 2020
Thema:

webcam black screen issues in Windows 10

1. webcam black screen issues in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - webcam black screen

2. My window 11 webcam are black screen problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My window 11 webcam are black screen problem: Laptop camera not work only black screen show with camera and video capture icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-window-11-webcam-are-black-screen-problem/655f747e-2a14-49df-b1c0-36ad38c124db
  3. Windows 10 black screen issue.

Windows 10 black screen issue.: Hi today my laptop asked for an update and I restarted. After the update completed, the laptop booted but it hanged and the screen went black for a min. and then cam back but the taskbar hanged so I just turned off the laptop from the home screen. When I started it again,...
  4. Windows 10 black screen issue.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 black screen issue.: Hi today my laptop asked for an update and I restarted. After the update completed, the laptop booted but it hanged and the screen went black for a min. and then cam back but the taskbar hanged so I just turned off the laptop from the home screen. When I started it again,...
  5. Windows 10 black screen issue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Webcam Issues-Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Webcam Issues-Windows 10: Tried several well known webcams, all plug and play. Nothing is acknowledged in device manager. Despite upgraded drivers, and changing to different SB ports, nothing works. Is there anything specific that needs to be changed or added in settings or security perhaps that...
  7. Win 10 webcam black screen

Win 10 webcam black screen: Hi, with the number of users reporting the same black screen using so many different makes and models of computers, I feel no need to elaborate with what hardware I am using; and otherwise, as to who is at the keyboard, le's say that I consider myself the average bear given...
  8. Integrated webcam "on" but shows black screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Integrated webcam "on" but shows black screen: My Lenovo's integrated webcam is not working. When I launch the camera app, the camera light turns on but the image remains black, and when I close the camera app, the light remains on indefinitely. Because of this, I don't even know if the camera was truly "on" in the first...
  9. OBS Captures black screen for webcam

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    OBS Captures black screen for webcam: This problem also occurs in safe boot mode. There are no updates for any camera drivers and no available windows updates. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/obs-captures-black-screen-for-webcam/f481bcde-a3ed-4997-b8a1-0ac3f009fdd0
  10. Black screen in webcam

Black screen in webcam: Good day! I am the owner of a laptop MSI GL73 8RC. There are no problems, for lack of one, in the built-in Windows applications, like Skype, the camera, instead of the image I get a black screen (although the indicator on the webcam lights up), and in the application the...