Windows 10: Webcam blinking flickering on Windows 10

Discus and support Webcam blinking flickering on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, One month ago I renewed my PC, all of this except hard disks. So, I kept the same Windows 10 installation that worked ok on the old machine.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SCerezo, Oct 17, 2020.

1. SCerezo Win User

Webcam blinking flickering on Windows 10

Hello,

One month ago I renewed my PC, all of this except hard disks. So, I kept the same Windows 10 installation that worked ok on the old machine. It's activated on new PC

With the new motherboard and processor I observer two problems:

1. The PC started to get stoned often, issue solved by installing new firmware and correct drivers. Now, it's very very rare that this happens.
    2. My webcam a generic "GENERAL WEBCAM" stopped working fine. This is the topic for this message.

When any software tries to switch camera on, it does it without giving any error, but image doesn't appear fine. See the video:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PKB69zHeyuPm-EXbWNtH_5FSJnOdcvYc/view?usp=sharing

It happens with every program you can use.

Things I tried to fix it:

1. Try it on another PC: it work flawlessly
    2. Try another webcam that works fine on another PC: it does the same thing than mine.
    3. Disable on device manager
    4. Uninstall on device manager
    5. Renew drivers provided by Windows 10, there's no drivers provided by webcam
    6. Disable any power mnanagement disconnection on operating system, for webcam and for USB devices on device manager
    7. Uninstall Realtek audio controllers I've read an illuminati on the net that proposed it, and why not try it?
    8. Related to the last one item, I've installed a Soundblaster card because I had another one in the old PC. No need to say that I had a lot of trouble to get it sounding, hahaha, drivers on CD didn't work, only downloaded driver did it.
    9. Other things I forgot.
    10. Now I'm trying to deeply delete any presence of Realtek audio drivers from the operating system, because I just found out that it appeared back on device manager.

The shopkeeper told me that only a fresh Windows installation would work fine on a new machine, but I read people telling that they had formatted the disk with similar trouble with webcams, and it didn't worked.

So, considering that, what can I do?

Thanks for advance.

:)

SCerezo, Oct 17, 2020
  2. barndoor Win User

Flickering and blinking laptop screen

I'm using a laptop with Windows 10 and an Intel HD Graphics 4600 display adaptor. A few days ago I attached a Dell D3000 dock to my laptop, and almost immediately my laptop screen started to flicker and repeatedly blink off and on again. I disconnected the dock, which did not resolve the problem, and since then I've tried various techniques to fix the problem, but none of them have worked. In order, this comprised of:

1. attempting system restore - but all five restore points were corrupted (?!);
    2. updating the driver for the Intel display adaptor;
    3. rolling back the driver for the Intel display adaptor;
    4. uninstalling the driver for the Intel display adaptor;
    5. downloading Windows 10 from the Microsoft site and re-installing it.
    The problem has persisted even when I disconnected everything from my laptop, took it to my workplace, and switched it on there (using its battery for power); so the following possible reasons can be ruled out: its location in my house, any attached peripherals, a faulty power cable.

I am certain the problem is in some way connected to the Intel HD Graphics 4600 display adaptor:
    1. after I completely uninstalled it - which reverted the graphics card to the standard Microsoft one - the screen didn't flicker or blink once afterwards (I left the laptop switched on for about an hour without incident, whereas previously I would experience as many as ten 'events' a minute). This rules out a possible damaged connection between the body of the laptop and its screen. However, when Windows auto-installs updates it reinstates the Intel one...
    2. ...and when the laptop is switched on the screen flickers and repeatedly blinks off and on again...
    3. ...although, strangely, connecting an external monitor to the laptop (HDMI to HDMI) results in neither the laptop screen nor the external monitor flickering or blinking. The problem returns when I disconnect the HDMI cable from the HDMI port on the laptop.
    I now have the inescapable feeling that when I attached the dock I somehow fried the Intel display adaptor, and it isn't possible to fix it: I have read in the forums that replacing the graphics card on a laptop is well-nigh impossible. But if anyone else can suggest an approach I haven't yet tried I'd be very receptive!

As an aside, I contacted the retailer and they have sent me all of the drivers that are available for my system, but I don't know how to install them.

barndoor, Oct 17, 2020
  3. Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

I haven't made any changes on my device. This screen flickering is only happening in Safe Mode.

AdhipBanerjee, Oct 17, 2020
  4. Arjay Dom Win User

Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

Hi Adhio,

Screen flickering can be caused by hardware or application issue.

To better assist you, please answer the following questions:

• Is the issue only happening in Safe Mode?
    • Have you made any changes on your device prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest following the troubleshooting steps on this article:

Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10
    to resolve screen flickering issues on Windows 10.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Arjay Dom, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Webcam blinking flickering on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Webcam blinking flickering

2. Screen Flickering/Blinking issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Flickering/Blinking issue: Hello,Screen Flickering issue with graphics drivers.First I have disable Intel graphics card after pc restart the issue remains same.Second I have enabled Intel graphics card and disabled nvidia graphics card after pc restart there is no flickering or blinking issue.Here what...
  3. Screen Flickering/Blinking issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen Flickering/Blinking issue: Hello,Screen Flickering issue with graphics drivers.First I have disable Intel graphics card after pc restart the issue remains same.Second I have enabled Intel graphics card and disabled nvidia graphics card after pc restart there is no flickering or blinking issue.Here what...
  4. Screen Flickering/Blinking issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Screen flickering/blinking issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen flickering/blinking issue: I'm using Hp-15da1006ne with windows 10 Home version.Screen gets flickered/blink state immediate after windows start.After normal using sometimes it blinks and stops again and again which is very annoying.I have tried deleting the two graphics devics Intel and nvidia but even...
  6. Screen flickering/blinking issue

Screen flickering/blinking issue: I'm using Hp-15da1006ne with windows 10 Home version.Screen gets flickered/blink state immediate after windows start.After normal using sometimes it blinks and stops again and again which is very annoying.I have tried deleting the two graphics devics Intel and nvidia but even...
  7. Webcam flickers

Webcam flickers: So first of all, I've tried a total of three different brands of webcams. One is my friend's logitech which works fine with his desktop. The rest two were purchased from Amazon new, with one of the manufactures sent me a replacement. All three brands four webcams caused the...
  8. flickering and blinking

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    flickering and blinking: my screen flickers and blinks for a while when I go to a new site. Does this indicate the presence of a virus? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flickering-and-blinking/6284db35-060d-442f-b0af-a97818fca5ba
  9. Screen Flickering & Blinking issue

Screen Flickering & Blinking issue: Few months ago i tried to install Linux (Ubuntu) in my HP Notebook. After installing, the screen starts flickering & blinking. Couldn't solve it. So i get back to windows but facing the same issue here in windows also. I have two graphics card. One is Intel HD graphics 620 &...
  10. Flickering and blinking laptop screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Flickering and blinking laptop screen: I'm using a laptop with Windows 10 and an Intel HD Graphics 4600 display adaptor. A few days ago I attached a Dell D3000 dock to my laptop, and almost immediately my laptop screen started to flicker and repeatedly blink off and on again. I disconnected the dock, which did not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. camera flicker windows 10

2. webcam flickering windows 10