Windows 10: Webcam can not be found error message 0xA00F4244

Discus and support Webcam can not be found error message 0xA00F4244 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Unfortunately, I own a HP 15-f272wm laptop that includes a webcam - allegedly. I have never actually used this alleged webcam (I purchased laptop new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by thelastdj, Jun 29, 2019.

1. thelastdj Win User

Webcam can not be found error message 0xA00F4244

Unfortunately, I own a HP 15-f272wm laptop that includes a webcam - allegedly. I have never actually used this alleged webcam (I purchased laptop new in February 2018. Yesterday (June 28) I attempted to use webcam and was denied, Windows claimed camera can't be found, error message 0xA00F4244. I can see the webcam, so I am relatively certain it exists. I dutifully followed the Microsoft solutions (firewall, permissions, device manager/update driver) but none of those were the issue. Driver was updated and current, permissions were granted to all apps and rules were allowed through Firewall. I am not a technical savant, but I read and comprehend most words in the English language, and can usually follow instructions. So at this point I am baffled, bewildered and bemused, certainly not amused. I should point out that although I purchased this underwhelming computer new, HP (or whoever is responsible for loading the software, apps, etc) had somehow not included the software for the webcam. I discovered this about a month after purchase - wasn't trying to use the camera, but was exploring computer and noticed that there was no software to operate camera. After a lengthy remote assistance session with HP tech support, HP installed the software and assured me problem was now resolved. I did not test camera, having witnessed the HP installation of the software and the tech guy did operate and take one picture. From time to time over the past year, I have noticed camera listed when checking other issues (in device manager, devices, etc). So I have had no reason to think the camera would be missing, lost and/or nonexistent upon my first use. So I am embarrassed at my naivete in assuming that successful companies like Microsoft and Hewlett Packard would be capable of producing a functioning webcam that could be used reliably at least once, maybe even twice. Having discovered that I was foolishly optimistic, I know ask: what can be done to fix this problem of my missing webcam? What do I need to do to locate and operate the webcam? I plead that you not reply with the 4 solutions I see listed in nearly every reply to people who wrote in with the same error code/missing camera issue. I have attempted those 4 steps, but they were not needed as those were not the problems. Please help by providing a working solution specific to my issue. Thank you in advance and good day.

:)

thelastdj, Jun 29, 2019
  2. LesLydon Win User

Cannot find webcam

My Lenovo laptop has lost it's webcam! I get error message 0xA00F4244(0XC00D36D5). I have the tried toubleshooting advice given to resolve this but there is no reference to Imaging software in the list displayed. Other solutions suggest locating the driver
    in the Device Manager but I can find no driver at all relating to my webcam so cannot follow this advice. Please can anyone help?

LesLydon, Jun 29, 2019
  3. Error code: 0xA00F4244

Hello GetuShiferaw,

If you're getting error code 0xA00F4244 when accessing your webcam, please answer these questions:

• Can you tell us the current OS Build of your Windows 10 system? Click the
      Start button, type
      About your PC, press Enter, and then scroll down to
      Windows specifications to find this information.
    • What is the make and model of your Windows 10 device?
    • To avoid repeats, can you tell us the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far?

We're looking forward to your response.

Devlin Sco, Jun 29, 2019
  4. Mr_Layz Win User

Error code: 0xA00F4244

my os build 16299.371

Mr_Layz, Jun 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Webcam can not be found error message 0xA00F4244 - Similar Threads - Webcam found error

2. Camera not found. Error 0xA00F4244

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera not found. Error 0xA00F4244: I recently turned to windows 11. The in-built camera on my Dell inspiron 15 3000 Camera is not found. Is this model compatible with Windows 11?Every time uninstalling camera drivers from device manager, whenever there is new windows that day camera is working fine, next I am...
  3. error message 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached>

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    error message 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached>: what do i need to do_have a dell laptop windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-message-0xa00f4244nocamerasareattached/92bc603e-26c5-4448-ae97-4b6d86dcd352
  4. Webcam Error 0xA00F4244 on Windows 10

Webcam Error 0xA00F4244 on Windows 10: I have upgraded my OS from Window 10 Home Single Language to Window 10 Pro, After the upgrade, the webcam is not working as it doesn't open As the error Shows:- Webcam Error 0xA00F4244 on Windows 10, I have updated the drivers for webcam as well and done all the...
  5. Webcam - Error 0xA00F4244 <NOCamerasareattached >

Webcam - Error 0xA00F4244 <NOCamerasareattached >: My HP IR camera is no longer detected when i open zoom. was working fine a week ago. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/webcam-error-0xa00f4244-nocamerasareattached/7a707409-dd82-4b0d-9472-c0faa46f181e
  6. Error 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached> for Microsoft webcam

Error 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached> for Microsoft webcam: I have this old Microsoft Lifecam Cinema webcam, which I purchased back in 2013 for my desktop PC. But since I didn't use webcams frequently (when occasionally needed, I used my laptop's) I forgot it inside a drawer for years. A few days ago I found it while housecleaning and...
  7. Webcam - Error 0xA00F4244 <NOCamerasareattached >

Webcam - Error 0xA00F4244 <NOCamerasareattached >: I have an HP Laptop with integrated webcam. I used the camera on Zoom meeting 4 days ago with no problems at all but when I went in today it doesn't recognise it and I keep getting the above error I have been into Device manager and updated the camera drivers and the...
  8. Built in webcam Not found Error code: 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached>

Built in webcam Not found Error code: 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached>: This began today, I have been using my webcam for zoom online classes everyday and today is the only day it has done this but now it wont work on any platform. I have looked at the forums from other similar issue but the solutions have not worked. I have tried:...
  9. Error Message: 0xA00F4244, Code 45, WebCam

Error Message: 0xA00F4244, Code 45, WebCam: My camera is not connected after running Windows update! Please see screen shots below - heeeelp.... Thanks! BH Error message stating that camera is not connected - or not attached - or Code 45. 0xA00F4244 <NoCamerasAreAttached> [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  10. Webcam can not be found error message 0xA00F4244

Webcam can not be found error message 0xA00F4244: Hi I have the error code ( Webcam can not be found error message 0xA00F4244) in my camera app and I have tried all of the different things that have been suggested in the forums and still nothing. I need This camera for work please help!!!!...
Tags: