Windows 10: Webcam causes BSOD on Lenovo x121e running Windows 10

Discus and support Webcam causes BSOD on Lenovo x121e running Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I have a Lenovo x121e running Windows 10. Every time a program tries to initiate the built in webcam I get a BSOD and a message 'kernel... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Kimma, Nov 9, 2016.

1. Kimma Win User

Webcam causes BSOD on Lenovo x121e running Windows 10

Hello,

I have a Lenovo x121e running Windows 10. Every time a program tries to initiate the built in webcam I get a BSOD and a message 'kernel security check failure'. I've tried to update the webcam drivers but they are apparently up to date.

Attached is the log

Many thanks in advance.

:)

Kimma, Nov 9, 2016

2. Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade fails

Just to add..

- The restore took 15 minutes, guess my lucky day..

- To add some details:

laptop: Lenovo, X121e

previous Windows 10 => home edition

upgrade a current version: Windows 10 Education edition

failed update: Windows 10, version 1703

Ton Jrvan Oostveen, Nov 9, 2016
  3. Win 10 after cumulative update 1703 no shutdown or hibernate possible

Thanks, but I dont have a Thunderbolt interface on the Lenovo ThinkPad X121e

Rschnauzer, Nov 9, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi Kimma,

Welcome to the 10forums and apologies for the delay.

Are you still in need of help?

Thema:

1. Webcam causes BSOD on Lenovo x121e running Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Webcam causes BSOD

2. Lenovo thinkpad x121e

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo thinkpad x121e: Is lenovo thinkpad x121e support windows 10 or do i work with windows 7 or 8 ? Which windows good for my lenovo thinkpad x121e https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lenovo-thinkpad-x121e/ad85949d-a12b-4d2b-82b3-dbd08898c336
  3. Lenovo thinkpad x121e

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lenovo thinkpad x121e: Is lenovo thinkpad x121e support windows 10 or do i work with windows 7 or 8 ? Which windows good for my lenovo thinkpad x121e https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lenovo-thinkpad-x121e/ad85949d-a12b-4d2b-82b3-dbd08898c336
  4. Lenovo thinkpad x121e

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Webcam causing laptop to “run into a problem” and shut off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Webcam causing laptop to “run into a problem” and shut off: Hello. I have a Lenovo Thinkpad T540p laptop and this issue is fairly new. I can’t place when the issue began but now, any time I run either the camera application or an application feature that uses the camera, it immediately blue screens and says that my laptop has run into...
  6. BSOD with no apparent cause on Lenovo Ideapad

BSOD with no apparent cause on Lenovo Ideapad: Hey, how's everybody doing? I've been getting some headaches with my kinda-brand new Lenovo Ideapad S145. Can't remember when it all started but I've got some BSODs and I've no idea why. I've already tried several times restoring my system(with backup files) and also tried...
  7. Lenovo Yoga webcam

Lenovo Yoga webcam: I am at a loss!....Webcam will not turn on lenovo yoga......Been through security software, lenovo software and microsoft drivers etc plus the obvious toggle button. Any ideas would be welcome before the machine goes through the window!!!!! :-......I wonder if an update has...
  8. Webcam not working and seemingly causing BSODs

Webcam not working and seemingly causing BSODs: I have a Lenovo Yoga 710-14IKB. I tried opening the Camera app and I got, alternately flashing, the message "0xA00F244<NoCamerasAreAttached>" and another message which didn't display long enough for me to read the whole thing, but which included the words...
  9. Random BSODs on Lenovo Y700 running windows 10

Random BSODs on Lenovo Y700 running windows 10: So as of recently, I've been experiencing a lot of random BSODs while using my Lenovo Y700 gaming laptop. I've run all the hardware scans on memory and hard disks and they came out clean. I've reinstalled windows maybe thrice already but I still get the errors and I cant seem...
  10. Random BSODs on Lenovo Y700 running windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Random BSODs on Lenovo Y700 running windows 10: So as of recently, I've been experiencing a lot of random BSODs while using my Lenovo Y700 gaming laptop. I've run all the hardware scans on memory and hard disks and they came out clean. I've reinstalled windows maybe thrice already but I still get the errors and I cant seem...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lenovo x121e camera crash windows 10