Windows 10: Webcam compatibility with Windows 10

Discus and support Webcam compatibility with Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just upgraded from Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 Home and got a message "Microsoft LifeCam is no longer available. This app was removed from your PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Evie613, May 12, 2019.

1. Evie613 Win User

Webcam compatibility with Windows 10

I just upgraded from Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 Home and got a message "Microsoft LifeCam is no longer available. This app was removed from your PC because it doesn't work on this version of Windows." My webcam is Microsoft LifeCam VX-2000. I don't want to buy a new one. Is there any way I can get it to work in Windows 10 (64-bit)?

:)

Evie613, May 12, 2019

2. Windows 10 and webcam compatibility

Hi Leah,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you need to know the compatibility of Webcam on Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

I would like you to answer the question stated below:

1. May I know the make and model of the Webcam?

I suggest you to go manufacturer's website and install latest available drivers. If you don’t get the driver that is compatible for Windows 10, you can download the driver that is compatible with Windows 8.1 and can make it run in Windows 10 with
    Compatibility mode.

A compatibility mode is a software mechanism in which a software either emulates an older version of software in order to allow incompatible software or files to remain compatible with the computer's newer hardware or software.

Follow the steps below on how to install driver in compatibility mode:

1. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select "Properties".

3. Select "Compatibility" Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to "Run this program in Compatibility mode" and select operating system from

the drop down list.

5. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

For further assistance click on below link:

HP HP Webcams | HP® Customer Support

Keep us posted if you face any issues on Windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Thank you.

Vinodh Kumar V, May 12, 2019
  3. Webcam not working in Windows 10 Pro on Microsoft camera app and not on Skype

Hi,

Since you mentioned that you already reinstalled the driver for your webcam, we suggest that you perform these troubleshooting steps to resolve your concern:

Get back to us with the results of the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Kristoffer Abs, May 12, 2019
  4. Webcam compatibility with Windows 10

Windows 10 can't see webcam

Hi Will,

We'd like to verify if you've already attempted to install the driver using the compatibility mode? If not, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Uninstall the webcam driver from the Device Manager. Remember to check the box that says
      Delete the driver software for this device.
    • Right-click on the driver installer and select Troubleshoot compatibility.
    • Under Select troubleshooting option, choose Try recommended settings
      and follow the steps.
    Keep us updated with the results or if you need further assistance.

Kristoffer Abs, May 12, 2019
Thema:

Webcam compatibility with Windows 10

1. Webcam compatibility with Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Webcam compatibility

2. Webcam detected as NDIS compatible device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Webcam detected as NDIS compatible device: I can't install my webcam as it's being detected as an NDIS device. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/webcam-detected-as-ndis-compatible-device/2c2b8c57-30c1-48f5-8802-830e71f0e927
  3. Webcam detected as NDIS compatible device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Webcam detected as NDIS compatible device: I can't install my webcam as it's being detected as an NDIS device. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/webcam-detected-as-ndis-compatible-device/2c2b8c57-30c1-48f5-8802-830e71f0e927
  4. Second Windows hello compatible webcam i'm buying works fine as a webcam, but no unlock...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second Windows hello compatible webcam i'm buying works fine as a webcam, but no unlock...: Hi, I use to have a cheapo webcam with windows hello feature working fine CSL Hello DX1, but since i have reinstall Windows due to a driver issue that couldn't be solve for some reason, the windows hello feature hasn't showed-up as available in the security center.Thinking my...
  5. Second Windows hello compatible webcam i'm buying works fine as a webcam, but no unlock...

Second Windows hello compatible webcam i'm buying works fine as a webcam, but no unlock...: Hi, I use to have a cheapo webcam with windows hello feature working fine CSL Hello DX1, but since i have reinstall Windows due to a driver issue that couldn't be solve for some reason, the windows hello feature hasn't showed-up as available in the security center.Thinking my...
  6. Second Windows hello compatible webcam i'm buying works fine as a webcam, but no unlock...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Second Windows hello compatible webcam i'm buying works fine as a webcam, but no unlock...: Hi, I use to have as cheapo webcam with windows hello feature working fine CSL Hello DX1, but since i have reformated my pc due to a driver issue that couldn't be solve for some reason, the windows hello feature hasn't showed-up as available in the security center.Thinking my...
  7. Windows Hello compatible Webcam

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello compatible Webcam: Hey, I am a user of Windows 10 and 11, I am trying to find a windows hello compatible camera under $45 as logitech brio and others are a bit expensive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-compatible-webcam/05466f4c-473e-4248-adbf-42fd9fe20b17
  8. Windows Hello compatible Webcam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello compatible Webcam: Hey, I am a user of Windows 10 and 11, I am trying to find a windows hello compatible camera under $45 as logitech brio and others are a bit expensive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-compatible-webcam/05466f4c-473e-4248-adbf-42fd9fe20b17
  9. Windows Hello compatible Webcam

10. webcam of new MSI GF66 Katana Notebook aparently not compatible with Windows hello face...

in Windows 10 Customization
    webcam of new MSI GF66 Katana Notebook aparently not compatible with Windows hello face...: Hi dear all. Any suggestions?Best regards,Miguel https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/webcam-of-new-msi-gf66-katana-notebook-aparently/fa7aff0c-d822-4968-8600-b82344bfa45e

Users found this page by searching for:

1. logitech webcam windows 10 compatibility

2. windows 10 compatible webcam

3. webcam compatible with windows 10

4. webcams compatible with windows 10,
  5. camera windows 8 compatibility with 10,
  6. microsoft webcam windows 10 compatibility,
  7. webcam microsoft compatible windows 10,
  8. whicch webcam is compatible with windows 10,
  9. logitech webcam compatible with windows 10,
  10. windows 10 webcam compatible,
  11. which webcam is compatible with windows 10,
  12. tc885 webcam,
  13. logitech c270 on windows 10 compatiblity,
  14. logitech webcam10.0 windows 10 compatibility,
  15. logitech v-uap42 camera compatibility with windows 10?