Windows 10: Webcam cutting out after a few minutes

Discus and support Webcam cutting out after a few minutes in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I've recently bought a webcam for online classes. It seemed to work just fine with Windows UVC. However, after my recent update from 1903 to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LucM00, Sep 2, 2020.

1. LucM00 Win User

Webcam cutting out after a few minutes

Hello,

I've recently bought a webcam for online classes. It seemed to work just fine with Windows UVC.

However, after my recent update from 1903 to 2004 it cuts out after a few minutes and only works once I take the USB out and plug it in again.

Webcam: Link Dutch Webshop

I've tried removing the webcam from my device manager and than scanning for changed hardware, but that did not seem to work. In addition to that I tried the steps in this video, but without result.

Does anyone have another potential solution?

Greetings,

Luc

:)

LucM00, Sep 2, 2020

2. Webcam not working in Windows 10 Pro on Microsoft camera app and not on Skype

Hi,

Since you mentioned that you already reinstalled the driver for your webcam, we suggest that you perform these troubleshooting steps to resolve your concern:

Get back to us with the results of the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Kristoffer Abs, Sep 2, 2020
  3. Webcam had disappeared

Hi,

The webcam may have stopped working due to hardware failure, or a loose cable that connects it to the device’s motherboard. We suggest that you try to show hidden devices in
    Device Manager by following these steps:

• Right-click on the Start menu and select Device Manager.
    • Click on the View tab and select Show hidden devices.

If you are seeing the webcam drivers, uninstall them. Then restart your device to check if Windows will be able to recognize the webcam and will install the drivers.

Let us know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, Sep 2, 2020
  4. Webcam cutting out after a few minutes

Webcam Problems?

Step One - go back to your computer mfgr's support site, register, and download the latest drivers and chipset software. When I visited Dell I found 9 as of yet uninstalled updates for my two yr old laptop!

Visit Adobe and check which version of Flash Player you're running, and D/L the latest version.

You should be good to go. Your webcam's controlled by your web browser but also authorized and either blocked or allowed by the identity software of sites you visit. Here's Coursera's instructions for fixing identity verification problems:

If you're having trouble with your webcam:

1. Check that your webcam is enabled and connected to your computer. Try a third-party tool like testwebcam.com -&nbspThis website is for sale! -&nbsptestwebcam Resources and Information..
    2. Make sure you have the latest version of Adobe Flash Player.
    3. Check that you have the latest version of your browser or try using a different browser.
    4. If you’re using an external webcam, verify that you've installed your webcam's most recent driver software from the manufacturer.
    5. Try refreshing the page.
    6. Try switching to HTML5 webcam access by clicking the Switch to HTML5 link in the lower right hand corner of the webcam window.
    If you see a dialogue box entitled Adobe Flash Player Settings:

1. Click Close
    2. Click Allow
    If the webcam area is blank:

1. Right click on webcam area
    2. Select Settings
    3. In the Settings menu, click the webcam icon and change the camera option to match the webcam you are using
    Note to Google Chrome users: If the webcam area on the page is blank, and you can't access the Flash settings menu, click the small camera icon to the right of your browser bar and select "Always allow Coursera - Free Online Courses From Top Universities to access your camera and microphone."
    To allow Flash access manually (in Google Chrome):

1. Type chrome://plugins into your browser bar
    2. Find the Adobe Flash Player plugin
    3. Check Always allowed
    4. Quit Chrome and restart

graylingskies, Sep 2, 2020
Thema:

Webcam cutting out after a few minutes

1. Webcam cutting out after a few minutes - Similar Threads - Webcam cutting few

2. LAN connection cuts every few minutes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    LAN connection cuts every few minutes: Hello everybodyI have a problem, that every now and then my connection to the internet cuts off. Every few minutes it disconnects for a few seconds befor connecting by itself again.I have connected my laptop Lenovo ThinkPad X1 via a dockingstation via cable to the...
  3. Audio keeps cutting out every 10 minutes then coming back after a few seconds.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio keeps cutting out every 10 minutes then coming back after a few seconds.: I've already tried reinstalling my drivers and many other things but nothing seems to be working. submitted by /u/ReBl437 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mmlu1h/audio_keeps_cutting_out_every_10_minutes_then/
  4. Audio randomly cuts out every few minutes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio randomly cuts out every few minutes: This began to happen fairly recently, probably over the past few days. My audio is cutting out/lagging randomly when listening to Spotify and/or playing games for example. I'm using a DGX Xonar 5.1 soundcard for my toslink hi-fi system, as well as bluetooth headphones and...
  5. TEAMS Audio cuts out after 25 minutes

TEAMS Audio cuts out after 25 minutes: I have a user during TEAMS meetings who looses her audio consistently 30 minutes into a meeting. This appears to have started a few weeks ago, maybe with a Windows update? The audio will stop for five seconds or so and then resume for five seconds, continuously about 30...
  6. Wi-fi connected, internet is working for a few minutes, then cuts out

Wi-fi connected, internet is working for a few minutes, then cuts out: When i turn on my computer, the automatic connection to my wifi network is intermittent at best. When i start to do whatever on the internet, it eventually just cuts out, sometimes it's the wifi and sometimes its the internet. My sister is in the room with the wifi...
  7. Bluetooth headphones cut out for a second every few minutes

Bluetooth headphones cut out for a second every few minutes: Recently my bluetooth headphones have started to cut out for a second every few minutes. After looking at the event viewer I noticed this occurs every instance. MMDevAPI: Audio device state changed Any idea what causes this to happen...
  8. Since new Windows 10 install sound cuts out after a few minutes. Restart "fixes" it temporarily

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Since new Windows 10 install sound cuts out after a few minutes. Restart "fixes" it temporarily: Hi- I recently installed version 1903. Since then whenever I am listening to sound (via my DAW, Youtube or iTunes) it is fine for a few minutes but then the sound cuts out. The application I am using is still producing sound but nothing comes out of the speakers. I have...
  9. USB Microphone cuts out every few minutes

USB Microphone cuts out every few minutes: Hello. I have a USB microphone for my computer. When I use it it will work for 5-15 minutes, before suddenly just recording nothing and displaying a 1 bar signal in my Recording Devices sound menu. Sometimes I can get it to work again if I unplug the mic and put it back in to...
  10. Sound cuts out every few minutes since upgrading to windows 10

Sound cuts out every few minutes since upgrading to windows 10: Hi, Whenever i'm watching anything in "films and tv" or what was previously windows media player the sound cuts out every minute or so for about 3-4 seconds. I tried watching my shows on a newly downloaded version of VLC and the sound still cuts out. I've tried adjust the Hz...