Windows 10: Webcam does not work

Discus and support Webcam does not work in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have HP Spectre x360 note laptop. My camera does not work, giving me an error 0xAOOF4244. I tried all options, changed the registry, uninstall and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mkarim1978, Oct 5, 2019.

1. Webcam does not work

I have HP Spectre x360 note laptop.
    My camera does not work, giving me an error 0xAOOF4244.
    I tried all options, changed the registry, uninstall and installed again the drivers,
    turn on the Camera app, test Webcam and got passed etc. but no options worked.
    Microsoft team, please help with this problem.

:)

Mkarim1978, Oct 5, 2019
  2. Naresh_K Win User

Webcam not working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

This issue can occur if the camera drivers are not up-to date, your anti-virus may be blocking the camera, or camera app is not installed properly. I would suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article:
    Camera does not work in Windows 10. You can also refer to the suggestion on HP article:
    HP PCs - Webcam Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 8).

If you need any further assistance, please write back with the following information:

1. What happens when you are trying to access Camera app?
    2. What is the exact error message you are getting?
    3. What is version of Windows 10 that is installed on your device?
    4. Are you using an external webcam? If yes, please help us with the make and model of the webcam.

Regards,

Naresh_K, Oct 5, 2019
  3. Webcam not working in Windows 10 Pro on Microsoft camera app and not on Skype

Hi,

Since you mentioned that you already reinstalled the driver for your webcam, we suggest that you perform these troubleshooting steps to resolve your concern:

Get back to us with the results of the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Kristoffer Abs, Oct 5, 2019
  4. Webcam does not work

Webcam had disappeared

Hi,

The webcam may have stopped working due to hardware failure, or a loose cable that connects it to the device’s motherboard. We suggest that you try to show hidden devices in
    Device Manager by following these steps:

• Right-click on the Start menu and select Device Manager.
    • Click on the View tab and select Show hidden devices.

If you are seeing the webcam drivers, uninstall them. Then restart your device to check if Windows will be able to recognize the webcam and will install the drivers.

Let us know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, Oct 5, 2019
Thema:

Webcam does not work

1. Webcam does not work - Similar Threads - Webcam does

2. Webcam microphone does not work.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Webcam microphone does not work.: I just bought USB webcam with built-in microphone.Camera works but mic does not.I tried different things updated drivers,changed settings etc but no luck.I have Windows 10 desktop....
  3. WebCam doen't work in Teams but in Zoom application does.

WebCam doen't work in Teams but in Zoom application does.: Hi I have Windows 10 Pro with all update also drivers. I have installed an usb WebCam and Windows 10 shows it in Settings --> Bluetooth & other devices. The WebCam also appears in the Control Panel --> Device Manager under the label Imaging Devices. The Microphone of the...
  4. My integrated webcam works in Skype but Microsoft teams does not seem to recognise it

My integrated webcam works in Skype but Microsoft teams does not seem to recognise it: I have a windows 10 system on a 2018 HP Pavilion laptop with all updates downloaded. Drivers have been updated. All privacy settings have been checked and access for apps to the webcam is granted. My webcam comes on and is able to be used with Skype but not teams. Please...
  5. My Logitech WebCam video function does not work with Teams

My Logitech WebCam video function does not work with Teams: I have installed Logitech Webcam to my Windows 10 Laptop. In Teams settings I can see that Webcam is recognized as Microphone and Camera. I have checked all relevant allowances and driver versions and they should be ok. I can join Teams meeting and microphone is working fine...
  6. Webcam works with Win 10 Camera app but does not work when using SKYPE or GoTo Meeting.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Webcam works with Win 10 Camera app but does not work when using SKYPE or GoTo Meeting.: Webcam works with Win 10 Camera app on laptop but does not work when using SKYPE or GoTo Meeting. Error message is SKYPE Camera is not installed or being used by another application and GoTo Meeting Webcam is not detected...
  7. Laptop running Windows 10 does not recognize built-in webcam.

Laptop running Windows 10 does not recognize built-in webcam.: My laptop running Windows 10 does not recognize its built-in webcam. The manufacturer says Windows 10 provides whatever drivers are needed. In the meantime I can't use my webcam. Any solutions offered will be gratefully received....
  8. Integrated Camera-Lenovo EasyCam missing from Imaging Devices- WebCam does not work

Integrated Camera-Lenovo EasyCam missing from Imaging Devices- WebCam does not work: I have a Brand new ThinkPad and Windows 10. Under Device Manager>Imaging Devices no camera shows up at all. Not "LenovoEasyCam" or Integrated Camera. Just my printer, which is also a scanner. Under Device Manager>Camera, "Integrated Camera" shows up. When I right click, I...
  9. The webcam doesn’t work after a clean install on my Razer Blade 15 2018, does anyone knows...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The webcam doesn’t work after a clean install on my Razer Blade 15 2018, does anyone knows...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Riccardo_Whit3r [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ejcyr3/the_webcam_doesnt_work_after_a_clean_install_on/
  10. Does the ACER LCD Monitor model SA240Y have a built in Webcam or do I have to get an...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Does the ACER LCD Monitor model SA240Y have a built in Webcam or do I have to get an...: I am a bit of a tech-dinosaur and need to know if I need an external Webcam for my system per the above as I want to use Skype and so on. Thanks for the forbearance....