Windows 10: Webcam does not work

Discus and support Webcam does not work in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have HP Spectre x360 note laptop. My camera does not work, giving me an error 0xAOOF4244. I tried all options, changed the registry, uninstall and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mkarim1978, Oct 5, 2019.

1. Webcam does not work

I have HP Spectre x360 note laptop.
    My camera does not work, giving me an error 0xAOOF4244.
    I tried all options, changed the registry, uninstall and installed again the drivers,
    turn on the Camera app, test Webcam and got passed etc. but no options worked.
    Microsoft team, please help with this problem.

:)

Mkarim1978, Oct 5, 2019
  2. Naresh_K Win User

Webcam not working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

This issue can occur if the camera drivers are not up-to date, your anti-virus may be blocking the camera, or camera app is not installed properly. I would suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article:
    Camera does not work in Windows 10. You can also refer to the suggestion on HP article:
    HP PCs - Webcam Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 8).

If you need any further assistance, please write back with the following information:

1. What happens when you are trying to access Camera app?
    2. What is the exact error message you are getting?
    3. What is version of Windows 10 that is installed on your device?
    4. Are you using an external webcam? If yes, please help us with the make and model of the webcam.

Regards,

Naresh_K, Oct 5, 2019
  3. Webcam not working in Windows 10 Pro on Microsoft camera app and not on Skype

Hi,

Since you mentioned that you already reinstalled the driver for your webcam, we suggest that you perform these troubleshooting steps to resolve your concern:

Get back to us with the results of the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Kristoffer Abs, Oct 5, 2019
  4. Webcam does not work

Webcam had disappeared

Hi,

The webcam may have stopped working due to hardware failure, or a loose cable that connects it to the device’s motherboard. We suggest that you try to show hidden devices in
    Device Manager by following these steps:

• Right-click on the Start menu and select Device Manager.
    • Click on the View tab and select Show hidden devices.

If you are seeing the webcam drivers, uninstall them. Then restart your device to check if Windows will be able to recognize the webcam and will install the drivers.

Let us know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, Oct 5, 2019
Thema:

Webcam does not work

1. Webcam does not work - Similar Threads - Webcam does

2. How do I allow all aps to use my webcam?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I allow all aps to use my webcam?: Suddenly my Webcam stopped working. HOw do I disable ALL privecay Settings and allow ALL application Access to my Webcam? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-allow-all-aps-to-use-my-webcam/162e175a-6d58-4e8c-8abf-ca613bf4b1e3
  3. windows 10 webcam video and photo storage issue

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 webcam video and photo storage issue: I have been using the webcam on my windows 10 PC. It stored these photos in the Camera Roll previously. I take the pictures and review and delete ones that I don't care for as I have done in the past. Once I leave the camera app on the webcam I cannot find the pictures in the...
  4. External webcam recognized by device manager, but does not work on certain websites

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External webcam recognized by device manager, but does not work on certain websites: HP Envy desktop-Windows 10-new Logitech external webcam. both internal and external webcams are recognized and have latest drivers in Device Manager, and both work. With Skype both cams work. With other websites, only internal cam works, though the Adobe permission screen...
  5. Webcam camera keeps turning on and off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Webcam camera keeps turning on and off: So just recently i wantned to use my camera for skype to call and found out how my camera keeps turning on and off. So i tried if its just skype's problem or the camera it self and turned out the camera appp on windows 10 also does the same. What i meant by turning on and off...
  6. Webcam not working and camera driver seems to have disappeared

Webcam not working and camera driver seems to have disappeared: Hi, I have an Acer Aspire S 13 laptop on Windows 10. I've had it since about August of 2016 and the webcam has always worked. I used it this past July. Then this morning I tried to use it for a video chat app and it wasn't working. It doesn't work in the Camera app or...
  7. Laptop webcam does not stop working after facial recognition login

Laptop webcam does not stop working after facial recognition login: Windows 10 updated on 23/07/19 to Version 1903 Build 18362.239 Since then the webcam on my laptop does not stop flashing after doing facial recognition login. Any ideas how to fix it?...
  8. i have a webcam in my laptop but it does not work. i tried some tutorials to fix this but...

i have a webcam in my laptop but it does not work. i tried some tutorials to fix this but...: need answers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-webcam-in-my-laptop-but-it-does-not-work/036cfe6c-684c-4b58-b3ba-592f6f2c1787
  9. Acer E5-573G-542M Built-In Webcam Does Not Work

Acer E5-573G-542M Built-In Webcam Does Not Work: I tried uninstall and reinstall the driver via device manager, support were contacted as they remote control my pc and fix my windows, but however it doesn't seems to fix the webcam problem where during Skype call the webcam does not show up and in webcamtest online, it says...
  10. Windows 10 does not detect webcam

Windows 10 does not detect webcam: Windows 10 does not detect Logitech C615 HD USB Webcam. It will detect it on another WIndows 10 computer, so the problem is not in the camera or the cable. I have tried different USB ports in the problem computer, not help. Those USB ports work with other devices. It has the...