Windows 10: Webcam does not work

Discus and support Webcam does not work in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have HP Spectre x360 note laptop. My camera does not work, giving me an error 0xAOOF4244. I tried all options, changed the registry, uninstall and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mkarim1978, Oct 5, 2019.

1. Webcam does not work

I have HP Spectre x360 note laptop.
    My camera does not work, giving me an error 0xAOOF4244.
    I tried all options, changed the registry, uninstall and installed again the drivers,
    turn on the Camera app, test Webcam and got passed etc. but no options worked.
    Microsoft team, please help with this problem.

:)

Mkarim1978, Oct 5, 2019
  2. Naresh_K Win User

Webcam not working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

This issue can occur if the camera drivers are not up-to date, your anti-virus may be blocking the camera, or camera app is not installed properly. I would suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article:
    Camera does not work in Windows 10. You can also refer to the suggestion on HP article:
    HP PCs - Webcam Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 8).

If you need any further assistance, please write back with the following information:

1. What happens when you are trying to access Camera app?
    2. What is the exact error message you are getting?
    3. What is version of Windows 10 that is installed on your device?
    4. Are you using an external webcam? If yes, please help us with the make and model of the webcam.

Regards,

Naresh_K, Oct 5, 2019
  3. Webcam not working in Windows 10 Pro on Microsoft camera app and not on Skype

Hi,

Since you mentioned that you already reinstalled the driver for your webcam, we suggest that you perform these troubleshooting steps to resolve your concern:

Get back to us with the results of the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Kristoffer Abs, Oct 5, 2019
  4. Webcam does not work

Webcam had disappeared

Hi,

The webcam may have stopped working due to hardware failure, or a loose cable that connects it to the device’s motherboard. We suggest that you try to show hidden devices in
    Device Manager by following these steps:

• Right-click on the Start menu and select Device Manager.
    • Click on the View tab and select Show hidden devices.

If you are seeing the webcam drivers, uninstall them. Then restart your device to check if Windows will be able to recognize the webcam and will install the drivers.

Let us know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, Oct 5, 2019
Thema:

Webcam does not work

1. Webcam does not work - Similar Threads - Webcam does

2. Why does Microsoft Streaming Service Proxy access my Webcam?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Microsoft Streaming Service Proxy access my Webcam?: I am using the Opera GX browser.When I opened the browser, I am getting a notification from my anti-virus software ESET NOD32, that Opera obtained access to my webcam.When I dug into this further, I found that it isn't Opera GX, but "Model: Microsoft Streaming Service Proxy,...
  3. Why does Microsoft Streaming Service Proxy access my Webcam?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does Microsoft Streaming Service Proxy access my Webcam?: I am using the Opera GX browser.When I opened the browser, I am getting a notification from my anti-virus software ESET NOD32, that Opera obtained access to my webcam.When I dug into this further, I found that it isn't Opera GX, but "Model: Microsoft Streaming Service Proxy,...
  4. Why does Microsoft Streaming Service Proxy access my Webcam?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. HP Laptop webcam video recording does not record sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Laptop webcam video recording does not record sound: Hi,I have an HP laptop that has a front camera. When I record any video by using this laptop, audio does not record with the video. Zoom is working fine with audio and video. But the video recording on this laptop does not record sound. Could you please help me to resolve...
  6. HP Laptop webcam video recording does not record sound

HP Laptop webcam video recording does not record sound: Hi,I have an HP laptop that has a front camera. When I record any video by using this laptop, audio does not record with the video. Zoom is working fine with audio and video. But the video recording on this laptop does not record sound. Could you please help me to resolve...
  7. HP Laptop webcam video recording does not record sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Galaxy Book S ARM webcam does not work.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Galaxy Book S ARM webcam does not work.: Galaxy Book S ARM webcam does not work. It doesn't work with the error below 0xA00F4271<MediaCaptureFailedEvent> 0x80004005Changing the computer date to 2023.05.22 is available. It seems to be the same as the link below, but I want to know when it will be patched...
  9. Galaxy Book S ARM webcam does not work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Galaxy Book S ARM webcam does not work.: Galaxy Book S ARM webcam does not work. It doesn't work with the error below 0xA00F4271<MediaCaptureFailedEvent> 0x80004005Changing the computer date to 2023.05.22 is available. It seems to be the same as the link below, but I want to know when it will be patched...
  10. Galaxy Book S ARM webcam does not work.