Windows 10: Webcam downgrades resolution and won't work with Hangouts

Discus and support Webcam downgrades resolution and won't work with Hangouts in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an HP 3110 webcam which had been working at its native 720p resolution and which I had been using with Google Hangouts. At some point something... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DanRosart, Nov 18, 2018.

1. DanRosart Win User

Webcam downgrades resolution and won't work with Hangouts

I have an HP 3110 webcam which had been working at its native 720p resolution and which I had been using with Google Hangouts. At some point something happened where Hangouts wouldn't accept its video but the microphone still worked. The camera worked in Windows Camera and at webcamtests.com, but it seemed to only be capturing at 640x480. I tried plugging it into a different bank of USB ports and it went back to full resolution for a while, but today the same thing happened and this time plugging it into different banks of USB ports didn't help. In fact right now I seem to have got it to where neither audio nor video work in Hangouts, though the microphone does work in e.g. Cortana.

:)

DanRosart, Nov 18, 2018

2. Webcam issue with Skype & Hangout, not with Windows 10 Camera app

Hi,

My webcam (MS Lifecam Studio) is working fine with Windows Camera app (Windows 10 insider preview 14257) but not with Skype or Hangouts.

Camera is recognized by the app (I can see the device name is the parameters) but it's black.

I changed USB port, downgrade to earlier Skype version without success.

Any idea pls?

Thank you

gillescerb, Nov 18, 2018
  3. Lumia 830 main camera won`t start

After windows 10 update my lumia 830 camera won`t start . It says Camera won`t start . I tried other camera apps but camera still not work . Front camera working plz help me . I did hard reset , soft reset , downgraded to 8.1 but problem still persist

CahangirTahirov, Nov 18, 2018
  4. Webcam downgrades resolution and won't work with Hangouts

Camera App not working & low FPS rate in Skype/Hangouts

Hello all!

I have some strange problem with my webcam.
    When I open the Camera app I get "Something went wrong" 0xa00f4273 error.
    ... and the application crashes after that

In Skype/Hangouts the camera is working BUT the frame rates per seconds are very low - around 5. So the picture is really laggy.

My driver is: USB2.0 VGA UVC WebCam. Device manager says the driver is up-to-date. In ASUS's website there aren't any webcam drivers.

Do you have any suggestions? Webcam downgrades resolution and won't work with Hangouts :)

Best regards,
    Marin

mdzhigarov, Nov 18, 2018
Thema:

Webcam downgrades resolution and won't work with Hangouts

1. Webcam downgrades resolution and won't work with Hangouts - Similar Threads - Webcam downgrades resolution

2. Google hangout chat pops up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google hangout chat pops up: Hi,Every time I choose a topic in Microsoft news and interest on the taskbar a Google Hangout windows opens telling me to proceed with chat that has replaced hangouts. How do I eliminate this behavior - it wasn't there a week ago.Arturo...
  3. Windows Hello Won't Work With External Webcam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Won't Work With External Webcam: I have to open the lid of my laptop every time I sign in using Windows Hello. It appears that this issue is several years old and Microsoft has not still fixed it?...
  4. Windows Hello Won't Work With External Webcam

Windows Hello Won't Work With External Webcam: I have to open the lid of my laptop every time I sign in using Windows Hello. It appears that this issue is several years old and Microsoft has not still fixed it?...
  5. Webcam Resolution

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Webcam Resolution: Just got a new webcam that's supposed to be true 1080p. What's the easiest way to verify the resolution? I can't find a setting anywhere. 159900
  6. Philips Webcam SPC650NC won't work

Philips Webcam SPC650NC won't work: In spite of all contributions of getting Philips webcams work with Windows 10 i didn't succeed in it. In device manager the webcam is visible but eg in Skype the camera doesn't work, only the microphone function is working. Why is it so difficult to get this camera work?...
  7. Webcam resolution

Webcam resolution: My webcam has poor resolution, if I install something like youcam will the resolution be better or should I opt for an external camera? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/webcam-resolution/65866a43-fdd6-471f-bb3b-09fb5192feaa
  8. Change webcam resolution?

Change webcam resolution?: Is there any way I can lower the resolution of my USB webcam (Microsoft) in Windows, without using Microsoft's Camera app? 147671
  9. Webcam won't work on Hangouts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Webcam won't work on Hangouts: My webcam stopped working on Hangouts but is till working on Cortana and some other apps. At first my HP 3110 webcam worked well at resolution of 720 p but something went wrong and Hangout stopped to accept the video but only sound. I plugged my webcam into the different USB...
  10. google hangouts

in Browsers and Email
    google hangouts: Can anyone help me with a problem with google hangouts?? I can't add a photo anymore. It did work fine and now has quit. I go down and click the icon and it says attach a photo but it won't go to the picture file. What do I need to do Thanks Ben 100037