Windows 10: Webcam driver completely removed since last update 2020 in MSI laptop

Discus and support Webcam driver completely removed since last update 2020 in MSI laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Webcam driver on my MSI laptop is removed, there is no camera or imaging in the device manager. I checked on the privacy seetings and enabled access... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sofiabIY, Aug 15, 2020.

1. sofiabIY Win User

Webcam driver completely removed since last update 2020 in MSI laptop

Webcam driver on my MSI laptop is removed, there is no camera or imaging in the device manager.

I checked on the privacy seetings and enabled access to the camera.

I tried to add the device in Devices and Printers but the built-in camera is not detected!

Please is there any workaround to do?

:)

sofiabIY, Aug 15, 2020
  2. WiIfred P Win User

install webcam on msi laptop

Hi 1papertiger,

This is Wil, one of the independent advisor, an expert with Windows 10 and a fellow Windows 10 user like you. I understand your concern about installing webcam on MSI laptops.

Most laptops have a built-in webcam on it, If it's not working, there's a problem with the driver or settings of it.

Step1: I request you to check for Hidden Devices in Device Manager. Please refer to these steps:

a. On the desktop, press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.

b. Click on View and select Show Hidden Devices.

c. Check for the webcam under Imaging Devices.

d. If the webcam is listed, then right-click on it and select Update Driver Software.

e. Select Browse My Computer for Driver Software and follow the prompted steps.

Step 2: Run the hardware troubleshooter and check if you receive any error messages.

a. On the desktop, press Windows key + W and type Troubleshooting.

b. Click on it and click on Hardware and Sound.

c. Click on Hardware and Devices and follow the prompted steps.

If the laptop doesn't have a built-in webcam on it, you would need to purchase an external webcam, plug it on your laptop and driver will download automatically.

I hope my suggestions help you. If you need further assistance please do reply back and I will respond as quickly as possible. Have a nice day.

Thanks,

Wilfred P.

Independent Advisor

WiIfred P, Aug 15, 2020
  3. webcam on msi laptop is not detected as a hardware

I have msi laptop and the windows does not recognize the webcam as a hardware. I did activate the webcam from SCM which disables it by default. But it still doesn't show up. Nor is it listed in the device manager. There is no imaging devices or camera
    section in device manager. It doesn't show up even after enabling hidden devices. I updated to latest windows and updated all the drivers. Still, no success. MSI uses bisoncam pro. I can't even find the drivers manually. The official website has no webcam
    drivers as it is all included in the SCM. By god this has been so frustrating.

Maulik8960, Aug 15, 2020
  4. Webcam driver completely removed since last update 2020 in MSI laptop

Webcam program/driver completely removed since last update.

I desperately need help. My webcam isnt recognized anywhere on any app or website that uses cameras. I've looked at all forums and trouble shooting and have done everything and nothing is working. I did the privacy settings, the diagnostics test, and the
    device isnt even in the device manager due to being completely removed. Windows has no webcam drivers available for download and mine was removed from the update. I understand that this happened to other people too and they were recommended to go to recovery
    but nothing worked for me there. i never backed anything up before hand. There was no way to recover what had been removed since the update and now my webcam is completely useless. I really need help and am very upset, this laptop is still somewhat new to
    me and it appears that there is no way to have my webcam working again, unless i PAY MONEY to those scam driverupdates websites. Please, im desperate. MSI GE72 6QD Apache Pro Laptop

TemetAguilar, Aug 15, 2020
Thema:

Webcam driver completely removed since last update 2020 in MSI laptop

1. Webcam driver completely removed since last update 2020 in MSI laptop - Similar Threads - Webcam driver completely

2. MSI webcam not detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MSI webcam not detected: I have an MSI laptop. After a recent update, my webcam is no longer detected.I checked the settings, and access to the webcam is enabled.Pressing F6 doesn't change anything, it only briefly flashes a symbol which looks to me like a locked camera?I can't find the device in the...
  3. WEBCAM NOT DETECTED ON MSI LAPTOP

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WEBCAM NOT DETECTED ON MSI LAPTOP: Hello everyone !I have had a problem with the webcam, because when I go to open the camera, it does not detect the webcam, then I go to the device manager and I do not get the camera drivers, as if it did not exist. But it is activated in the MSI firewall, because when I...
  4. laptop not working since last update

in Windows 10 Customization
    laptop not working since last update: Hi, My HP probook is now inoperable since it restarted after an update. Previous to that it kept crashing & I was getting different stop codes including KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED & MEMORY MANAGEMENT. After a series of crashes it said needs a restart. Ever since that...
  5. MSI-GS63VRE Display changes since last 2 Win updates.

in Windows 10 Customization
    MSI-GS63VRE Display changes since last 2 Win updates.: I now have no way to adjust auto-brightness, there's literally no adjustment for it, to untick it, it's gone. I've changed my GPU settings from ded card to auto to onboard and all three no longer have the option to turn off adaptive brightness, it's gone from my advanced...
  6. Notepad.exe not Opening since last update Mar-2020

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Notepad.exe not Opening since last update Mar-2020: Nothing happens when I click on it. CLicking on filename from Windows/System32 folder also not working I've tried SFC and DISM with restorehealth. SFC said it found corrupted files and fixed them. DISM returns no problem at all. Notepad keeps not working. All...
  7. install webcam on msi laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    install webcam on msi laptop: How do I re-install the webcam on my MSI laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/install-webcam-on-msi-laptop/4df23ef7-0743-4bf1-93f3-4ca0df7bb905
  8. Since last update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Since last update: I dont know if anyone else has noticed that Win10 hasnt run very well for quite some time, unstable, crappy graphics windows popping open for no reason ....anyway II was going through a migraine worth of varying **** and then with the latest update I had enough of the ****...
  9. Since last Update ............................

in Browsers and Email
    Since last Update ............................: MY browsing has gone haywire! I am accessing sites which are not opening properly, windows is asking 'do you want to pen this like this, or something (my wifes account) - opened an online newspaper and it has sections that seem to be continuously opening (loading circles)....
  10. Since last update

in Windows 10 Support
    Since last update: Since this little update on 2nd Dec Bing now has sound on home page and headline photo appear across the bottom. When you click on the photo it takes you to the subject to read. So well done Microsoft. Has anyone else found or seen it 32538