Windows 10: Webcam driver is missing from device manager

Discus and support Webcam driver is missing from device manager in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; About a year ago, I bought a HP Probook 650 G1 and Memory Express installed Windows 10. They did not verify everything was working before selling it, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Diana_01, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Diana_01 Win User

Webcam driver is missing from device manager

About a year ago, I bought a HP Probook 650 G1 and Memory Express installed Windows 10. They did not verify everything was working before selling it, I guess. Usually, installing/updating drivers resolves the issue but I still cannot get the built-in webcam working.

Under HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads, I downloaded "HP Webcam" and repeatedly installed it, restarted, and scanned for hardware changes in Device Manager but it won't show up. "Imaging devices" is not listed and I can't add the HP Webcam under the legacy hardware option.

I'm hesitant to use System Restore because I don't want to undo any progress made.

Especially during this time, any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

:)

Diana_01, Apr 3, 2020
  2. AndreePin Win User

Imaging Devices missing in Device Manager and Webcam doesn't working

Hi,

Since you mentioned that the said driver is missing in Device Manager, what we suggest is for you to check in the Hidden Devices section on Device Manager. Kindly follow the steps below:

• On the desktop, press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager.
    • Click on View and select
      Show Hidden Devices.
    • Check for the webcam under Imaging Devices.
    • If the webcam is listed, then right-click on it and select
      Update Driver Software
    • Select Browse My Computer for Driver Software and follow the prompted steps.
    Please post back with the result for further assistance

AndreePin, Apr 3, 2020
  3. Rey Bel1 Win User
    missing webcam drivers dell laptop

Hi,

This can occur when the driver is outdated or corrupted. What other steps have you tried so far to troubleshoot the issue. To isolate your concern, we recommend checking the driver in the Hidden Devices section on Device Manager. Kindly follow the steps
    below:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager.
    • Click on View and select Show Hidden
      Devices.
    • Check for the webcam under Imaging Devices.
    • If the webcam is listed, then right-click on it and select Update
      Driver Software.
    • Select Browse My Computer for Driver Software and follow the prompted steps.

For any results, kindly update this thread.

Rey Bel1, Apr 3, 2020
  4. beau Win User

Can't Find WebCam Device in Device Manager

In Win7 I'd do Device Manager > Imaging Devices > USB 2.0 PC Camera to find my USB WebCam and activate it and de-activate the monitor's built-in camera.

But in Win10 Device Manager has no listing for Imaging Devices.

Webcam driver is missing from device manager [​IMG]

Where in Win10 can I enable and disable webcams?

beau, Apr 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Webcam driver is missing from device manager - Similar Threads - Webcam driver missing

2. Fingerprint driver missing from Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint driver missing from Device Manager: So, I accidentally ended the task of windows explorer in the task manager and then the desktop was gone.I restarted it, everything became normal but now the fingerprint isn't working. I have installed the drivers for my laptop again from the manufacturer's website but the...
  3. Fingerprint driver missing from Device Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fingerprint driver missing from Device Manager: So, I accidentally ended the task of windows explorer in the task manager and then the desktop was gone.I restarted it, everything became normal but now the fingerprint isn't working. I have installed the drivers for my laptop again from the manufacturer's website but the...
  4. The Webcam Driver Is Not There In The Device Manager.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The Webcam Driver Is Not There In The Device Manager.: Hello,My webcam does not work. It is not there in the device manager. I suppose it would only work if the driver is available in my pc. But it wasn't always so. I've already tried the "View Optional Updates" solution. There is no optional update at all. None of the...
  5. Bluetooth driver is missing from device manager

Bluetooth driver is missing from device manager: Hi , I have a Asus All in One PC ZN270IE Yesterday , my bluetooth just stopped working out of sudden, and I discovered the bluetooth driver is now missing from my PC's device manager I have downloaded and installed the latest BT driver from Asus, but its still not...
  6. Bluetooth Driver is Missing from Device Manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth Driver is Missing from Device Manager: I updated Windows today, the OS build says 18362.1016. Then, went on to use the Intel Driver and Support Assistant to update the drivers. Now, there was a Bluetooth update that I got and installed, but in the device manager, it said there was some error, Code 54. I just...
  7. Imaging device driver missing from Device Manager

Imaging device driver missing from Device Manager: Hey, I was having trouble use my webcam error 45 so I went to device manager to see if the drivers needed updating. I tried updating both "Camera" and "Imagining devices" to no avail. Next I tried uninstalling the imaging devices driver with the intention of reinstalling it...
  8. webcam driver missing in device manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    webcam driver missing in device manager: several times i install and uninstall the HP universal camera driver. but i cannot see it on my device manager. and i don't have imaging devices too. By the way my unit is HP EliteBook 820 64bit upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10. since then the camera doesn't work. i have...
  9. Bluetooth Drivers; Missing Devices from Device Manager

Bluetooth Drivers; Missing Devices from Device Manager: Bluetooth not working- the devices get paired but not connected, and the windows HFP audio device 97 driver was first not configured properly, then got uninstalled, and now is completely missing from Device Manger, and other devices missing tab is completely missing from...
  10. LAN driver missing from Device Manager

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    LAN driver missing from Device Manager: And so I cannot use a LAN connection, I can use wi-fi though. I've tried another LAN cable although I since found there is no LAN driver anyway. Windows 10 Anniversary Build, latest (I think). I can get LAN connection working OK on another laptop from the same router. I...