Windows 10: Webcam driver issues

Discus and support Webcam driver issues in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; A bit of pretext to explain the events that led up to the current problem: A friend of mine asked me to look at his PC(Win10), which had a BSOD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Reiten, Jul 17, 2016.

1. Reiten Win User

Webcam driver issues

A bit of pretext to explain the events that led up to the current problem:
    A friend of mine asked me to look at his PC(Win10), which had a BSOD problem. After a short conversation and some checking around I figured out the problem. He had tried to install Avast antivirus and failed(avast got stuck in some kind of half installed state - some of the services where started on start-up) . I'm guessing that the already installed Kaspersky antivirus, had something to do with the Avast installation failing. To fix it, I went to safe mode, killed the avast processes and uninstalled it. That took care of the BSOD.

A few days later my friend called saying that his PC can't connect to the internet. After some standard troubleshooting nothing helped so I went over and it turns out that the network adapter and sound card had driver issues. Well no problem got the drivers from the manufacturers sites and everything worked. Also to note that I checked and the webcam was working at this point.

After about 2 weeks he calls again and says that the webcam is not working. So I connected with teamviewer and checked, turns out the webcam has driver issues. The problem is that the manufacturer does not provide any drivers I could use. Another thing to note is that the microphone on the webcam is working.

The used webcam is: DEFENDER C-090 Black
    I have already confirmed that:
    • the webcam is ok - connected it to another PC works perfectly;
    • it's not a general Win10 issue - connected it to another Win10 PC found the drivers and works ok(no driver issue);
    • connected another webcam to the PC - same issue, can't find drivers;
    • there are no viruses(according to Kaspersky) and no maleware(according to MWB)

Does anyone have any suggestions, where the problem could be? I don't really want to do a Win10 reset if I can avoid it.
    Thank you for any help you can provide.

:)

Reiten, Jul 17, 2016

2. Camera App

Thank you for your response.

Regarding your issue on your camera, we suggest to check your webcam if it is installed correctly. Also, make sure that your webcam driver is up to date. You can also uninstall and reinstall the webcam driver or you can roll back the webcam driver.

Lastly, please check your antivirus software. Because sometimes the antivirus software might block your webcam running with your PC.

If you are going a hard time to check all of it, we suggest to contact the manufacturer for them to guide you on how to solve the issue.

Were looking forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Jul 17, 2016
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Usb

Sorry, did not realise it was a WebCam, plug in the WebCam, For the Device not to work as a plug and play device, I assume there may be an issue with the Device Driver.

Go to Control Panel > System > Hardware tab > Device Manager.

Under USB Devices, right click the Webcam and select Update Drivers.

DaveM121, Jul 17, 2016
Thema:

Webcam driver issues

1. Webcam driver issues - Similar Threads - Webcam driver issues

2. Webcam Driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Webcam Driver: Recently I converted windows 7 to windows 10 and I lost built in Camera driver from my laptop HP computer. Could you help to install webcam driver? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/webcam-driver/fc6f63ee-c1ec-4327-b47f-1ccd30916fb7
  3. Webcam Driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Webcam Driver: Recently I converted windows 7 to windows 10 and I lost built in Camera driver from my laptop HP computer. Could you help to install webcam driver? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/webcam-driver/fc6f63ee-c1ec-4327-b47f-1ccd30916fb7
  4. Webcam issues. Driver 10.0.19041.488

Webcam issues. Driver 10.0.19041.488: Hello there I recently purchased a new webcam. IT's a Jelly Comb W15.Really nice quality webcam but there are no Drivers other than the windows drivers. There is also no other software for the webcam from the manufacture.My issue is I can go into the camera setting and turn...
  5. Webcam not found, driver issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Webcam not found, driver issue: Model No. lnvnb161216 New windows update is not supported on integrated camera. Please assist with the same https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/webcam-not-found-driver-issue/9f244556-47ff-4303-b1ee-77f91e7c0038
  6. Webcam Driver

Webcam Driver: Good day I am in need of some assistance, please. I recently purchased a DSY-WC310 webcam trouble getting to work on my computer. It's running Windows 10 Pro x64. In device manager it picks up that there is a camera under "Other devices" as "USB20 Camera" with a question...
  7. Webcam Drivers

Webcam Drivers: Hi, I recently took apart a old pc running windows 7 or 10Can't Remember, from which I had scavenged a webcam. After wiring it up to a usb cable and making sure its connected correctly I connected it to my desktop, but was unable to use it as a webcam. Iwent to device manger...
  8. Webcam driver issue

Webcam driver issue: Not sure if it IS driver, but seems likely to me. ! I bought a UVC webcam for my wife's PC, not intentionally UVC but that's what we got! It turns off all audio devices when plugged into USB slot. I couldn't find how to get any sound, after trying all the fixes I could see....
  9. Webcam Driver

Webcam Driver: Hello, I disabled my camera driver a few months ago because of privacy reasons, but when I came back to try to re-enable it I can't find it anymore on the device manager. I also tried reinstalling the webcam driver but I cannot find the driver for my pc (ASUS VivoBook...
  10. Webcam drivers

Webcam drivers: I'm looking for a compatible driver for a webcam on an L755-S5245 Toshiba laptop. It has been upgraded to Windows 10 and I have no idea what I did with the drivers I downloaded for it as a Windows 7 system. I didn't do the generic "update" upgrade. I did H/W changes as well....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 10 1809 HD USB Webcam microsoft driver 10.0.17134.1