Windows 10: Webcam Drivers: old rather than new?

Discus and support Webcam Drivers: old rather than new? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am unable to get my webcams to work. The driver is shown in Device Manager as being at fault,but it is also reported as the best available. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by clayto, Aug 15, 2019.

1. clayto Win User

Webcam Drivers: old rather than new?

I am unable to get my webcams to work. The driver is shown in Device Manager as being at fault,but it is also reported as the best available. I have uninstall, removed the device but on re-installing the cameras still do not work. I have tried to get new drivers from both Intel(R) and the PC manufacturer AllDoCube, but both say the installed drivers are up to date, there are none better available. Maybe an older driver would work?

I have found an old driver on my system at Chipset_Camera_wt32_s but it says I need a 64 bit version. Searching for this has failed. How do I get an older driver to try? Years ago this was the only way to restore my audio after an update.

It is not a hardware fault. Using the Android OS in my dual boot Tablet PC the cameras work fine. So it is plainly a Windows 10 issue. I have used Android a few times before, to prove the hardware is not causing problems. It is one reason why I still keep Android Lollypop on my small storage device.

Suggestions?

:)

clayto, Aug 15, 2019

2. Updating Webcam Drivers

I have an ASUS GL551JW with a built-in webcam. I am having sync issues between the audio and video when I use Camtasia 8.6. The software manufacture told me to check my webcam drivers.

I checked the drivers and they are from 2006. They are Microsoft drivers. I contacted ASUS and they couldn't provide me any information on updated drivers, but they were able to give me the following details about my webcam:

I have been searching online but I'm not finding anything that is helpful for obtaining updated drivers. Maybe there aren't any updated drivers, but I am hoping that they've been updated since 2006.

I have already downloaded the Intel chipset drivers from ASUS. I am not sure if that would include the webcam drivers. That's what ASUS told me to download.

Device Manager lists the webcam as: USB2.0 UVC HD Webcam. I am using Windows 10.

Does anyone have any suggestions, or can someone help me find some updated drivers for this webcam?

P.S. I am planning on buying a "real" webcam in the next couple months, but until then, I need to try to get this one working. Everything works fine on this webcam, and the video is good, it's just out of sync with any recorded audio.

Kenneth R. Jones, Aug 15, 2019
  3. Webcam not working in Windows 10 Pro on Microsoft camera app and not on Skype

Hi,

Since you mentioned that you already reinstalled the driver for your webcam, we suggest that you perform these troubleshooting steps to resolve your concern:

Get back to us with the results of the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Kristoffer Abs, Aug 15, 2019
  4. Webcam Drivers: old rather than new?

Webcam Driver Update is Automatically Deleted

Hi Brian,

Thank you for posting in Community, we understand your concern and we will try our best to help you resolve your issue.

I would suggest that you follow the steps mentioned below and check if you are able to rectify the issue.

Step 1:

Un-install/remove all the previous webcam driver software that are located in your PC.

Step 2: Go to Device Manager and follow the procedure below.

• Click on the Start button, and type “Device Manager” on the search bar.
    • Open Device Manager, double click and expand Webcam
    • Right-click the device, and click Uninstall.
    • Windows will prompt you to confirm the device’s removal. Click
      OK
      to remove the driver.
    • After the uninstallation is complete, reboot your computer.
    • After you have successfully uninstalled the driver, please go to the computer manufacturer’s website, download the Windows 10 driver for your computer and check.

Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Aug 15, 2019
Thema:

Webcam Drivers: old rather than new?

1. Webcam Drivers: old rather than new? - Similar Threads - Webcam Drivers old

2. driver unavailable, saves to PDF rather than print document

in Windows 10 Gaming
    driver unavailable, saves to PDF rather than print document: Help please. Just recently with my HP envy pro documents don't print. Solution tells me driver unavailable where do I get a driver? I switched out to my old printer a Canon and same message , driver unavailable. I was however able to print a document from my phone to printer...
  3. driver unavailable, saves to PDF rather than print document

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    driver unavailable, saves to PDF rather than print document: Help please. Just recently with my HP envy pro documents don't print. Solution tells me driver unavailable where do I get a driver? I switched out to my old printer a Canon and same message , driver unavailable. I was however able to print a document from my phone to printer...
  4. driver unavailable, saves to PDF rather than print document

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. New tab always opens in Bing rather than my homepage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New tab always opens in Bing rather than my homepage: When I click on a new tab in Edge it automatically opens Bing instead of my homepage. How do I switch from Bing to my homepage when I open a new tab ??...
  6. New tab always opens in Bing rather than my homepage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New tab always opens in Bing rather than my homepage: When I click on a new tab in Edge it automatically opens Bing instead of my homepage. How do I switch from Bing to my homepage when I open a new tab ??...
  7. New tab always opens in Bing rather than my homepage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Old webcam drivers 10.0.19041.488

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Old webcam drivers 10.0.19041.488: Hi there, I bought a webcam and was hoping to tweak the settings exposure, brightness etc. Though changing those settings doesn't do anything. I think this is because of the old webcam drivers. 10.0.19041.488 from 21-06-2006 I found updated drivers and tried installing...
  9. Windows update - shutdown rather than restart?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows update - shutdown rather than restart?: (Yet another) windows update query. I don't mind it restarting after an update, completely understand the need to keep it updated, but I'm wondering if there's any way to configure windows update to auto restart to apply the updates, then shutdown the machine completely...
  10. Microsoft Emoji list issues: displaying old ones rather than new ones

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Emoji list issues: displaying old ones rather than new ones: Good Afternoon! When I pull out the emoji list through the windows logo key + shortcut, the emojis show up but most of the new ones are replaced with the old ones. This makes it difficult for me to navigate the emoji list and makes things much more complicated when I'm...