Windows 10: Webcam enabled on its own in device manager

Discus and support Webcam enabled on its own in device manager in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I went through a scary moment some time ago when I opened my camera application on Windows and realised it was active without the light indicator, even... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AnwarJuttSer, Aug 24, 2021.

1. Webcam enabled on its own in device manager

I went through a scary moment some time ago when I opened my camera application on Windows and realised it was active without the light indicator, even though it had been disabled in the device manager and could not be found when I had checked it a first time just an hour ago. I quickly reopened the device manager and disabled it, then reenabled it again and the light was on again.This sounds like I’ve been spied on by a hacker so far, but I’m not sure what to think as there was no trace of hacking : I had Avast Premium running on my desktop and scans revealed no threats, no new photos were le

:)

AnwarJuttSer, Aug 24, 2021
  2. beau Win User

Can't Find WebCam Device in Device Manager

In Win7 I'd do Device Manager > Imaging Devices > USB 2.0 PC Camera to find my USB WebCam and activate it and de-activate the monitor's built-in camera.

But in Win10 Device Manager has no listing for Imaging Devices.

Webcam enabled on its own in device manager [​IMG]

Where in Win10 can I enable and disable webcams?

3. AndreePin Win User
    Imaging Devices missing in Device Manager and Webcam doesn't working

Hi,

Since you mentioned that the said driver is missing in Device Manager, what we suggest is for you to check in the Hidden Devices section on Device Manager. Kindly follow the steps below:

• On the desktop, press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager.
    • Click on View and select
      Show Hidden Devices.
    • Check for the webcam under Imaging Devices.
    • If the webcam is listed, then right-click on it and select
      Update Driver Software
    • Select Browse My Computer for Driver Software and follow the prompted steps.
    Please post back with the result for further assistance

AndreePin, Aug 24, 2021
  4. Webcam enabled on its own in device manager

No webcam in device manager

Imaging devices are not in Device Manager, There is no Webcam listed, Windows 10 isn't showing the webcam, The manufacturer used the Windows default driver so there are no legacy drivers to download.

For some reason I can't even select a webcam in the install legacy device window.

The imaging devices that are listed are all scanners. Not a single webcam listed.

alaaqassab, Aug 24, 2021
Thema:

Webcam enabled on its own in device manager

1. Webcam enabled on its own in device manager - Similar Threads - Webcam enabled own

2. Webcam in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Webcam in Device Manager: Just wondering why, the Device Manager shows the webcam on my Gateway laptop as a USB camera. It is not a webcam you connect thru a USB port it is the type most laptops come with as part of the display. It does work but not like you would expect it to. Would this be typical...
  3. Webcam in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Webcam in Device Manager: Just wondering why, the Device Manager shows the webcam on my Gateway laptop as a USB camera. It is not a webcam you connect thru a USB port it is the type most laptops come with as part of the display. It does work but not like you would expect it to. Would this be typical...
  4. Webcam in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. The Webcam Driver Is Not There In The Device Manager.

The Webcam Driver Is Not There In The Device Manager.: Hello,My webcam does not work. It is not there in the device manager. I suppose it would only work if the driver is available in my pc. But it wasn't always so. I've already tried the "View Optional Updates" solution. There is no optional update at all. None of the...
  6. Webcam enabled on its own in device manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Webcam enabled on its own in device manager: I went through a scary moment some time ago when I opened my camera application on Windows and realised it was active without the light indicator, even though it had been disabled in the device manager and could not be found when I had checked it a first time just an hour...
  7. Enable device management

Enable device management: I'm doing an online class and I cannot download Teams. I need it and Jibble too. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enable-device-management/091c46d5-9633-4cea-b5f4-50f101557b07
  8. No webcam in device manager

No webcam in device manager: Imaging devices are not in Device Manager, There is no Webcam listed, Windows 10 isn't showing the webcam, The manufacturer used the Windows default driver so there are no legacy drivers to download. For some reason I can't even select a webcam in the install legacy device...
  9. Can't Find WebCam Device in Device Manager

Can't Find WebCam Device in Device Manager: In Win7 I'd do Device Manager > Imaging Devices > USB 2.0 PC Camera to find my USB WebCam and activate it and de-activate the monitor's built-in camera. But in Win10 Device Manager has no listing for Imaging Devices. [img] Where in Win10 can I enable and disable...
  10. Device Manager refreshing on its own

in Windows 10 Support
    Device Manager refreshing on its own: Tonight, I tried to look at my mouse properties in Device Manager. I wasn't able to do anything, because for some reason my Device Manager is refreshing every second. I can't click on anything and I don't know how to stop it from doing this. I don't have any idea where to...