Windows 10: webcam for windows 10

Discus and support webcam for windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently upgraded to Windows 10, and so found my previous webcam is not detected. I will buy a newer one, but most models contain at least one review... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ILLIUS Andrew, Jun 13, 2019.

1. webcam for windows 10

I recently upgraded to Windows 10, and so found my previous webcam is not detected. I will buy a newer one, but most models contain at least one review which says "will not work with Windows 10". I have the impression that Win10 has not got its relations with webcams sorted, so what do I have to look for in order to find a webcam that will work and keep working? While this is all going on, I am unable to use Skype, of course, so please advise

:)

ILLIUS Andrew, Jun 13, 2019

2. Webcam not working in Windows 10 Pro on Microsoft camera app and not on Skype

Hi,

Since you mentioned that you already reinstalled the driver for your webcam, we suggest that you perform these troubleshooting steps to resolve your concern:

Get back to us with the results of the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Kristoffer Abs, Jun 13, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 13, 2019
  4. Naresh_K Win User

webcam for windows 10

Webcam not working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

This issue can occur if the camera drivers are not up-to date, your anti-virus may be blocking the camera, or camera app is not installed properly. I would suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article:
    Camera does not work in Windows 10. You can also refer to the suggestion on HP article:
    HP PCs - Webcam Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 8).

If you need any further assistance, please write back with the following information:

1. What happens when you are trying to access Camera app?
    2. What is the exact error message you are getting?
    3. What is version of Windows 10 that is installed on your device?
    4. Are you using an external webcam? If yes, please help us with the make and model of the webcam.

Regards,

Naresh_K, Jun 13, 2019
Thema:

webcam for windows 10

1. webcam for windows 10 - Similar Threads - webcam

2. Dell Laptop Webcam Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell Laptop Webcam Not Working: Hello. My Dell laptop webcam have not been working for months on the windows camera app, and social media apps such as Whatsapp and Telegram. But it does work on Google Chrome tried it on Google Meet, and works on Zoom as well.I have checked the permissions to allow camera,...
  3. Dell Laptop Webcam Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell Laptop Webcam Not Working: Hello. My Dell laptop webcam have not been working for months on the windows camera app, and social media apps such as Whatsapp and Telegram. But it does work on Google Chrome tried it on Google Meet, and works on Zoom as well.I have checked the permissions to allow camera,...
  4. Webcam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Webcam: My webcam is refusing to turn on. I have no idea when the last time it turned on was but ive tried everything and nothing works. I have a windows 11 Version 23H2 Hp pavillion laptop. I dont have the webcam listed in device manager so i have no idea if its a driver issue. ive...
  5. Webcam

Webcam: My webcam is refusing to turn on. I have no idea when the last time it turned on was but ive tried everything and nothing works. I have a windows 11 Version 23H2 Hp pavillion laptop. I dont have the webcam listed in device manager so i have no idea if its a driver issue. ive...
  6. when i am trying to use my android device as a webcam the switch to front button is showing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when i am trying to use my android device as a webcam the switch to front button is showing...: I am a windows insider, I am also using the updated phone link app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-am-trying-to-use-my-android-device-as-a/4769e493-53df-4d91-8679-45d8e2f11285
  7. when i am trying to use my android device as a webcam the switch to front button is showing...

when i am trying to use my android device as a webcam the switch to front button is showing...: I am a windows insider, I am also using the updated phone link app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-am-trying-to-use-my-android-device-as-a/4769e493-53df-4d91-8679-45d8e2f11285
  8. Problem with Webcam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Webcam: I'm on an Asus VivoBook and my camera is not working. The camera app shows a blank screen. The device manager says 'The device is working properly'. However, in the event log, it says 'Device USB\VID_322E&PID_2012&MI_00\7&11cbd490&0&0000 requires further installation'. I have...
  9. Problem with Webcam

Problem with Webcam: I'm on an Asus VivoBook and my camera is not working. The camera app shows a blank screen. The device manager says 'The device is working properly'. However, in the event log, it says 'Device USB\VID_322E&PID_2012&MI_00\7&11cbd490&0&0000 requires further installation'. I have...
  10. All Windows 11 Audio Outputs Disappearing when my Logitech C920 webcam is plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All Windows 11 Audio Outputs Disappearing when my Logitech C920 webcam is plugged in: I just purchased a new laptop a couple of weeks ago and I've been encountering this problem with the audio. I use a Logitech C920 webcam, and I have it plugged into a USB Switch and it's functioned fine with previous laptops where I've had this setup. With Windows 11,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 rotar webcam