Windows 10: webcam for windows 10

Discus and support webcam for windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently upgraded to Windows 10, and so found my previous webcam is not detected. I will buy a newer one, but most models contain at least one review... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ILLIUS Andrew, Jun 13, 2019 at 5:47 AM.

1. webcam for windows 10

I recently upgraded to Windows 10, and so found my previous webcam is not detected. I will buy a newer one, but most models contain at least one review which says "will not work with Windows 10". I have the impression that Win10 has not got its relations with webcams sorted, so what do I have to look for in order to find a webcam that will work and keep working? While this is all going on, I am unable to use Skype, of course, so please advise

:)

ILLIUS Andrew, Jun 13, 2019 at 5:47 AM

2. Webcam not working in Windows 10 Pro on Microsoft camera app and not on Skype

Hi,

Since you mentioned that you already reinstalled the driver for your webcam, we suggest that you perform these troubleshooting steps to resolve your concern:

Get back to us with the results of the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Kristoffer Abs, Jun 13, 2019 at 5:49 AM
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

4. Naresh_K Win User

webcam for windows 10

Webcam not working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

This issue can occur if the camera drivers are not up-to date, your anti-virus may be blocking the camera, or camera app is not installed properly. I would suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article:
    Camera does not work in Windows 10. You can also refer to the suggestion on HP article:
    HP PCs - Webcam Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 8).

If you need any further assistance, please write back with the following information:

1. What happens when you are trying to access Camera app?
    2. What is the exact error message you are getting?
    3. What is version of Windows 10 that is installed on your device?
    4. Are you using an external webcam? If yes, please help us with the make and model of the webcam.

Regards,

Thema:

webcam for windows 10

1. webcam for windows 10 - Similar Threads - webcam

2. webcam problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    webcam problems: Receive: The driver for this device has been blocked from starting because it is known to have problems with Windows. Contact the hardware vendor for a new driver. (Code 48)...
  3. Microsoft Webcam

Microsoft Webcam: My webcam will not turn off in Windows 10. MS have already tried changing drivers. It is not the cam because it works ok on my Windows 10 laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-webcam/23cd454f-7f1e-40ac-aa3a-caaa4644b161
  4. integrated webcam inconsistently working

integrated webcam inconsistently working: On my new laptop, my integrated webcam works for Google Hangouts but not for another online chat site. When I attempt to "check my equipment" with the site, the site recognizes my camera for a split second and then disconnects. Any ideas?...
  5. Webcam Driver is no more

Webcam Driver is no more: Hello everyone, I have an HP ENVY 15t-k000 CTO Notebook PC (ENERGY STAR), and I noticed some time ago that my webcam would come on when I wasn't using anything that would require the webcam. I suspected some botnet malware, but I haven't been able to find it. Now, I see...
  6. Windows 10 Hello problems with Logitech Brio Stream webcam

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Hello problems with Logitech Brio Stream webcam: Hi, I got a Logitech Brio Stream Webcam, I plugged it in, it installed camera application is working well, but Windows Hello could not find the camera when I tried to set it up, I always got an error message (all other functions working fine). I tried reinstalling the drivers...
  7. Unable to take snapshot using webcam 1080P/1536P, Amcap application, Windows 10 -...

Unable to take snapshot using webcam 1080P/1536P, Amcap application, Windows 10 -...: I have installed my new webcam 1080P/1536P on my Windows 10 PC. When I choose the option to take a snapshot I get an "unspecified error 0x80004005". I have followed advice to reinstall the Microsoft camera driver and also to create a new Camera Roll directory...
  8. Webcam issues after the windows update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Webcam issues after the windows update.: Hi , Currently I am using windows 10 1809 version and i noticed that my web cam is not working after the update. I have searched for options and workarounds all over the internet and could not find a fix for this issue. I understand that this is a bug in the recent update...
  9. Intergraded webcam (can't find your camera) fault

Intergraded webcam (can't find your camera) fault: Hi, I have a question about my intergraded webcam on my Satellite 355d-b. Since the Windows 10 upgrade my camera or webcam hasn't worked. I did my research and tried most of the "fixes" that I found online; updating the driver, rolling back the driver, uninstall, reinstall,...
  10. Webcam on MSI laptop running windows ten wont work

Webcam on MSI laptop running windows ten wont work: Hello, I have tried to fix this issue and all the proposed solutions are outdated or ineffective. Any help would be great. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/webcam-on-msi-laptop-running-windows-ten-wont-work/184bc041-a967-46af-b0e8-9a69358d6c42