Windows 10: Webcam freezes in Zoom or Teams when launched

Discus and support Webcam freezes in Zoom or Teams when launched in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have checked for updates to ensure that the laptop is on the latest and greatest windows update. Whenever the user wants to attend a zoom or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mike McFarland, Apr 15, 2021.

1. Webcam freezes in Zoom or Teams when launched

Hello,

I have checked for updates to ensure that the laptop is on the latest and greatest windows update. Whenever the user wants to attend a zoom or teams meeting the webcam launches and freezes.

Hardware: HP ZBook 15 G4, sn: CND8194Z3D

The device is listed as an HP HD Camera within belmanage. I have tried the hp support and drivers page, but cannot find a webcam listed there for HP in order to update the driver.

I want to reiterate the the camera does launch within the app, but then freezes.

I appreciate any help that can be given.

Thank you,

mike

:)

Mike McFarland, Apr 15, 2021
  2. Ertrugrul Win User

My Webcam is not working with Microsoft Teams

Hi Antonio,

I have gone into settings as you said.

Microsoft Teams is listed under 'Some desktop apps might not appear in the following list or are not affected by this setting' which comes under the 'Allow desktop apps to access your camera'.

The Webcam works with the following apps: -

Windows Camera app

Skype (from Microsoft)

Zoom

I have checked that my Kaspersky software and it is allowing access by Teams to the Webcam. I uninstalled the Webcam driver and then reinstalled it.

As the Webcam works with all other apps then I believe it must be the interaction with Teams and my Webcam.

Please advise next steps please.

Ertrugrul, Apr 15, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    zoom

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to get audio in Zoom. I’ll certainly assist you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

I would suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the Zoom article

Testing computer or device audio
    and see if that helps.

However, I would also suggest you to get in touch with the
    Zoom support team for further assistance with the issue.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 15, 2021
  4. Webcam freezes in Zoom or Teams when launched

Webcam - not working with Mircosoft Apps - teams/skype/camera

I can see the camera HP Webcam HD2300 in the device manager. the software is up to date. When I open zoom settings the camera is working. However, when I make zoom calls the camera is not working. This started happening yesterday in Teams and it affects
    everything.

I have another webcam and this things happens.

can you please advise?

Bob

BobSharples, Apr 15, 2021
Thema:

Webcam freezes in Zoom or Teams when launched

1. Webcam freezes in Zoom or Teams when launched - Similar Threads - Webcam freezes Zoom

2. webcam and Teams not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    webcam and Teams not working: the webcam does not work on my asus laptop, uninstalled and did the scan for harware changes and now it shows USB video devise, but still does no work, and I don't have a USB camera, it's built in, windows 8, any way to fix it? also teams will not download, can use web...
  3. webcam and Teams not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    webcam and Teams not working: the webcam does not work on my asus laptop, uninstalled and did the scan for harware changes and now it shows USB video devise, but still does no work, and I don't have a USB camera, it's built in, windows 8, any way to fix it? also teams will not download, can use web...
  4. Zoom crashes when webcam starts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Zoom crashes when webcam starts: This is not a question - but a possible solution.After trying everything everyone on the internet suggested with no luck - I suspected that it was my anti-virus software.I use Bitdefender - but I would guess any antivirus could also be the problem if the software monitors...
  5. Webcam color calibration in Zoom

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Webcam color calibration in Zoom: There is a locked thread from April 6th 2020, I'm using Zoom web conferencing software, and it has a "virtual background" feature that does the green screening quite well. That is what that the thread is about. The problem is that the camera re calibrates when I put the...
  6. Webcam is not working in Zoom

Webcam is not working in Zoom: The webcamera was working well on my Dell laptop. And it is working well now in all apps except Zoom.There, the webcam shows a black screen. I checked in the settings and it is turned on. Please help because I do not know what to do then...
  7. microsoft teams webcam not working

microsoft teams webcam not working: Yesterday the 23rd of June I was having a school meeting as I was going to on the camera when suddenly it said "No available camera found" this problem was in the camera also.I cannot on the camera as it is stuck zoom and other meetings have access to the camera I need the...
  8. WebCam doen't work in Teams but in Zoom application does.

WebCam doen't work in Teams but in Zoom application does.: Hi I have Windows 10 Pro with all update also drivers. I have installed an usb WebCam and Windows 10 shows it in Settings --> Bluetooth & other devices. The WebCam also appears in the Control Panel --> Device Manager under the label Imaging Devices. The Microphone of the...
  9. Webcam Zoom in Skype

Webcam Zoom in Skype: I have the latest version of Skype. I am able to see my webcam image in the video configuration section, but it is zoomed in too close. Is there a way to adjust the zoom, using Skype or some software-based method? Major001...
  10. cant launch webcam

cant launch webcam: hi got a toshiba s50-b-15f hd laptop, i cant launch the hd webcam...it was working fine with windows 8.1 but since ive upgraded to windows 10 home i cannot find how to start the toshiba webcam HD ?...any ideas ?...there is nothing on the toshiba website for my laptop... 27678