Windows 10: Webcam Freezing After 8 Seconds

Discus and support Webcam Freezing After 8 Seconds in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So, I just finished building my PC and I go to try to stream with my webcam but after 8 seconds it freezes. At first I thought it was a stream labs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DaltonVos, Oct 9, 2020.

1. DaltonVos Win User

Webcam Freezing After 8 Seconds

So, I just finished building my PC and I go to try to stream with my webcam but after 8 seconds it freezes. At first I thought it was a stream labs thing but then I saw it do it with the camera app as well. I've tried just about everything from editing the registry to looking for updated driver and all that but nothing seems to fix it. I've gone through troubleshooting with support and have done every single thing that guides on google come up with but still nothing. So, if there is any kind soul that could help me then that'd be great. My webcam is a Raleno 1080p Webcam and Windows was just installed yesterday.

:)

DaltonVos, Oct 9, 2020
  2. Liran a Win User

Laptop webcam works for few seconds and then freezes

My laptop: Acer Predator Helios 300

The Problem: The camera works, for a few seconds then the image freezes.

In every camera\video app I've tried, the problem repeats: Win Camera, Zoom & Skype.

What I've tried:

1. Installing the latest windows updates.
    2. Uninstalling and reinstalling the camera driver from Device-Manager.
    3. Adding dword (32-bit) value "EnableFrameServerMode" with 0 value to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Media Foundation\Platform
    4. Rechecking privacy camera setting at windows settings(It's all set to ON).
    5. Searching for a webcam driver at Acer's website. There is no driver available for download.
    Still, none of those fixes helped.

So? what's next?

Liran a, Oct 9, 2020
  3. Webcam not working in Windows 10 Pro on Microsoft camera app and not on Skype

Hi,

Since you mentioned that you already reinstalled the driver for your webcam, we suggest that you perform these troubleshooting steps to resolve your concern:

Get back to us with the results of the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Kristoffer Abs, Oct 9, 2020
  4. Naresh_K Win User

Webcam not working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

This issue can occur if the camera drivers are not up-to date, your anti-virus may be blocking the camera, or camera app is not installed properly. I would suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article:
    Camera does not work in Windows 10. You can also refer to the suggestion on HP article:
    HP PCs - Webcam Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 8).

If you need any further assistance, please write back with the following information:

1. What happens when you are trying to access Camera app?
    2. What is the exact error message you are getting?
    3. What is version of Windows 10 that is installed on your device?
    4. Are you using an external webcam? If yes, please help us with the make and model of the webcam.

Regards,

Naresh_K, Oct 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Webcam Freezing After 8 Seconds - Similar Threads - Webcam Freezing Seconds

2. Webcam freezes after 2 seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Webcam freezes after 2 seconds: So I just installed windows 11 and my webcam freezes just after a few seconds. I made sure my drivers were updated. I even used the registry editor to no avail. Even in the camera's app it freezes. I'm unable to stream or do anything no matter what I try. I have an elgato...
  3. Webcam freezes after 2 seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Webcam freezes after 2 seconds: So I just installed windows 11 and my webcam freezes just after a few seconds. I made sure my drivers were updated. I even used the registry editor to no avail. Even in the camera's app it freezes. I'm unable to stream or do anything no matter what I try. I have an elgato...
  4. Webcam stops working after a couple of seconds

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Webcam stops working after a couple of seconds: Hello all, I'm researching a problem that a couple of computers I know are experiencing. Basically the webcam works for a couple of seconds, just like normal, but then it freezes and goes black. Turning it off - on again will make it work for a couple of seconds, but then it...
  5. USB webcam screen freezes after 4-5min

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB webcam screen freezes after 4-5min: The Problem: My USB 2.0 camera xiaomi imilab w88s works for about 4-5min then the image freezes, and I have to turn off and on to make it work again. I've tried it on google meet and discord. And also tried on different PC-s and different operating systems: on win10 and...
  6. PC freezes seconds after logging in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC freezes seconds after logging in: Right after the desktop pops up I am able to click around for about 3 seconds and then it freezes. In safe mode I tried disabling everything on task manager under the start up programs tab, I tried turning off all services non-windows related on system config, I updated my...
  7. PC freezes seconds after logging in

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC freezes seconds after logging in: Right after the desktop pops up I am able to click around for about 3 seconds and then it freezes. In safe mode I tried disabling everything on task manager under the start up programs tab, I tried turning off all services (non-windows related) on system config, I updated my...
  8. freezing for second after change my ssd

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    freezing for second after change my ssd: hello after i change my ssd to new one xpg sx6000 pro 512 gig some times my laptop freezing for a second and then everything runs good what am i should do that responding and never appear these that say not responding. my laptop model is asus pro n580vd cpu corei7...
  9. Laptop webcam works for few seconds and then freezes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop webcam works for few seconds and then freezes: My laptop: Acer Predator Helios 300 The Problem: The camera works, for a few seconds then the image freezes. In every camera\video app I've tried, the problem repeats: Win Camera, Zoom & Skype. What I've tried: Installing the latest windows updates. Uninstalling and...
  10. windows camera freezes after 2 seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows camera freezes after 2 seconds: [ATTACH]hi when I start windows camera app (even in an other app such as whats app) , it freezes after 2 seconds. windows OS and camera app both are updated Lenovo E570, core i7, GTX 950m + intel HD, 8GB RAM Windows 10 enterprise build 1803 any other camera app has the...