Windows 10: Webcam Glitching On One Computer But Not Others

Discus and support Webcam Glitching On One Computer But Not Others in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm running an Aorus X299 Gaming 7 and an Intel i7-7800X, and I've had issues with USB devices such as my mouse and keyboard before, but this is my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by omariio1000, Jun 14, 2021.

1. Webcam Glitching On One Computer But Not Others

I'm running an Aorus X299 Gaming 7 and an Intel i7-7800X, and I've had issues with USB devices such as my mouse and keyboard before, but this is my first time trying a webcam. Unfortunately, every webcam I've tried doesn't work, except for a DSLR, which leads me to think it may be an issue with power in the USB ports. Is there any way to fix this, or might this be a motherboard issue? I've attached a picture of the type of glitching I'm referring to.

:)

omariio1000, Jun 14, 2021

2. Webcam Problems?

Step One - go back to your computer mfgr's support site, register, and download the latest drivers and chipset software. When I visited Dell I found 9 as of yet uninstalled updates for my two yr old laptop!

Visit Adobe and check which version of Flash Player you're running, and D/L the latest version.

You should be good to go. Your webcam's controlled by your web browser but also authorized and either blocked or allowed by the identity software of sites you visit. Here's Coursera's instructions for fixing identity verification problems:

If you're having trouble with your webcam:

1. Check that your webcam is enabled and connected to your computer. Try a third-party tool like testwebcam.com -&nbspThis website is for sale! -&nbsptestwebcam Resources and Information..
    2. Make sure you have the latest version of Adobe Flash Player.
    3. Check that you have the latest version of your browser or try using a different browser.
    4. If you’re using an external webcam, verify that you've installed your webcam's most recent driver software from the manufacturer.
    5. Try refreshing the page.
    6. Try switching to HTML5 webcam access by clicking the Switch to HTML5 link in the lower right hand corner of the webcam window.
    If you see a dialogue box entitled Adobe Flash Player Settings:

1. Click Close
    2. Click Allow
    If the webcam area is blank:

1. Right click on webcam area
    2. Select Settings
    3. In the Settings menu, click the webcam icon and change the camera option to match the webcam you are using
    Note to Google Chrome users: If the webcam area on the page is blank, and you can't access the Flash settings menu, click the small camera icon to the right of your browser bar and select "Always allow Coursera - Free Online Courses From Top Universities to access your camera and microphone."
    To allow Flash access manually (in Google Chrome):

1. Type chrome://plugins into your browser bar
    2. Find the Adobe Flash Player plugin
    3. Check Always allowed
    4. Quit Chrome and restart

graylingskies, Jun 14, 2021
  3. Webcam not working in Windows 10 Pro on Microsoft camera app and not on Skype

Hi,

Since you mentioned that you already reinstalled the driver for your webcam, we suggest that you perform these troubleshooting steps to resolve your concern:

Get back to us with the results of the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Kristoffer Abs, Jun 14, 2021
  4. Webcam Glitching On One Computer But Not Others

Webcam had disappeared

Hi,

The webcam may have stopped working due to hardware failure, or a loose cable that connects it to the device’s motherboard. We suggest that you try to show hidden devices in
    Device Manager by following these steps:

• Right-click on the Start menu and select Device Manager.
    • Click on the View tab and select Show hidden devices.

If you are seeing the webcam drivers, uninstall them. Then restart your device to check if Windows will be able to recognize the webcam and will install the drivers.

Let us know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, Jun 14, 2021
Thema:

Webcam Glitching On One Computer But Not Others

1. Webcam Glitching On One Computer But Not Others - Similar Threads - Webcam Glitching Computer

2. WEBCAM TROUBLESHOOT: webcam only works well with other computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WEBCAM TROUBLESHOOT: webcam only works well with other computers: ERROR CODE: 0xA00F429F <windowShowFailed> 0x8007001FOS: Windows 10 ProVersion: 10.0.19045 Build 19045Processor: Intel i3Ram: 16GBGPU: Colorful/Rainbow GT1030DETAILS:I recently bought a webcam because my old webcam was glitching with my pc. I recently bought a 2ndhand...
  3. WEBCAM TROUBLESHOOT: webcam only works well with other computers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WEBCAM TROUBLESHOOT: webcam only works well with other computers: ERROR CODE: 0xA00F429F <windowShowFailed> 0x8007001FOS: Windows 10 ProVersion: 10.0.19045 Build 19045Processor: Intel i3Ram: 16GBGPU: Colorful/Rainbow GT1030DETAILS:I recently bought a webcam because my old webcam was glitching with my pc. I recently bought a 2ndhand...
  4. WEBCAM TROUBLESHOOT: webcam only works well with other computers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. one computer can't see other computer on network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    one computer can't see other computer on network: I have 2 computers Computer A & Computer B on Windows 10 that used to see each other on their Networks. I updated some drivers and cleaned the registry using CCCleaner on Computer A and lost all connection between both computers. I have managed to get Computer B seeing itself...
  6. From one Computer to the Other

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    From one Computer to the Other: If i were to download minecraft on one window/microsoft store and it is connected to an email. and i would like to transfer so i can also play minecraft on another microsoft computer/window can i do that or do i have to pay...
  7. Webcam works on one PC - not other

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Webcam works on one PC - not other: I bought a Logitech Quickcam for my desktop Dell. Software was not allowed to load on Win 10! Found a download that would load, but it did not see camera. OK, I loaded same software on my HP laptop with Win 10 and it works fine. What gives?...
  8. Remotely accessing one of my other computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Remotely accessing one of my other computer: Is there a way I can remotely open a computer that has my microsoft account as the administrative account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remotely-accessing-one-of-my-other-computer/60e12cfc-cb51-4765-a84b-66237aad8e3b
  9. Website corrupted on one computer, but not on other

in Browsers and Email
    Website corrupted on one computer, but not on other: Hi, When I visit the Norwegian newspaper vg.no on my laptop it is corrupted as the pictures show. Except for the VG logo, all other information is text only. This problem does not occur on other computers on the network, but the really strange thing is that it happens...
  10. One computer cannot access other network computers.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One computer cannot access other network computers.: I have three windows 10 PCs and one NAS on my network. One PC (Lenovo 220X) and the NAS are hardwired. The other two are wireless (Surface Pro 1 and Surface pro 4) The surface pro 4 can see but not access either of the two other PCs. The other PCs can see and access each...