Windows 10: Webcam grainy & blurry - Resolution reset and fixed to 360p after Windows update

Discus and support Webcam grainy & blurry - Resolution reset and fixed to 360p after Windows update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My laptop's webcam has a rated resolution of 720p 1280x720 with 0.9 MP sensor. This was working fine till one of the Windows update arrived that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Meipporul, Jan 29, 2022.

1. Meipporul Win User

Webcam grainy & blurry - Resolution reset and fixed to 360p after Windows update

My laptop's webcam has a rated resolution of 720p 1280x720 with 0.9 MP sensor. This was working fine till one of the Windows update arrived that replaced the original drivers with a Microsoft driver Driver Version: 10.0.19041.1387, Driver Date: 06/21/2006. After this update the camera shows grainy, blurry images and video. The hardware id for the camera is USB\VID_0BDA&PID_57F2. I am not sure which update created the issue.Following are the actions I did as per suggestions from the Microsoft community already.1. Went into device manager selected the webcam and issued a driver update re

:)

Meipporul, Jan 29, 2022

2. Samsung HD Smart TV is blurry/grainy when used as a monitor

So I just connected my Smart HD TV to my computer, and it is very grainy. It is at the highest resolution, and is connected via HDMI. I cannot find any drivers for it, and I cannot find anyone with the same issue. When I change the resolution to a lower
    one, it becomes much less grainy, but because blurry because of the lowered res. I have also tried to mess with the setting on the TV its self. Is there any way I could figure out where the problem is at, and then fix it?

Rowan Daly, Jan 29, 2022
  3. Grainy and shadowed resolution

I just purchased a new Dell Inspiron 3650 with Windows 10 installed by OEM. The display for all documents, pictures, even the Desktop are very grainy and shadowed. The recommended resolution of 1920x1080 for my monitor results in the display being run
    off the edges (does that make sense?). I had to choose resolution of 1680x1050 in order to fully see desktop display, including the "Start" button. Is there a fix for the graininess of the display? Very hard on eyes ... capitol "B" looks like an "8".

MichaelKPQuinn, Jan 29, 2022
  4. Webcam grainy & blurry - Resolution reset and fixed to 360p after Windows update

Blurry app fix for Windows 10 (v1709)

Hello,

I have an older version (1709) of Windows 10, which I cannot find a fix for the blurry apps on my high resolution display - Microsoft's listed solutions to this only pertain only to later versions of Windows 10. Of course, these can be fixed in the Microsoft
    apps by choosing "best appearance", though sadly, this is limited to only Microsoft apps. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Hutton George, Jan 29, 2022
Thema:

Webcam grainy & blurry - Resolution reset and fixed to 360p after Windows update

1. Webcam grainy & blurry - Resolution reset and fixed to 360p after Windows update - Similar Threads - Webcam grainy blurry

2. Webcam grainy & blurry - Resolution reset and fixed to 360p after Windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Webcam grainy & blurry - Resolution reset and fixed to 360p after Windows update: My laptop's webcam has a rated resolution of 720p 1280x720 with 0.9 MP sensor. This was working fine till one of the Windows update arrived that replaced the original drivers with a Microsoft driver Driver Version: 10.0.19041.1387, Driver Date: 06/21/2006. After this update...
  3. Webcam grainy & blurry - Resolution reset and fixed to 360p after Windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Webcam grainy & blurry - Resolution reset and fixed to 360p after Windows update: My laptop's webcam has a rated resolution of 720p 1280x720 with 0.9 MP sensor. This was working fine till one of the Windows update arrived that replaced the original drivers with a Microsoft driver Driver Version: 10.0.19041.1387, Driver Date: 06/21/2006. After this update...
  4. blurry text with screen resolution

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    blurry text with screen resolution: I have purchased an LENOVO ThinkPad X1 Carbon Gen 5.Something is weird with the screen resolution. The default configuration is 1920x1080 and a 150% zoom on screen.Seems to be fine, but some text or icons on some apps are blurry or very small. For instance interface on...
  5. Windows 10 - Camera and WebCam blurry

Windows 10 - Camera and WebCam blurry: My webcam on all apps and browsers is blurry. I thought it could be the webcam, and I put an external camera, it was also blurry. Attempts: - I tried to update all the drivers that were pending, including the camera; - I tried to uninstall the camera and reinstall again....
  6. Factory Reset to fix WebCam

Factory Reset to fix WebCam: I am having problems with my built in WebCam on my Laptop. When using the Camera App, Microsoft Teams and Zoom I keep getting an error code that says that it coudn't find my webcam. I have updated the drivers and uninstalled and reinstalled the webcam. The maufacturer has...
  7. Webcam Resolution

Webcam Resolution: Just got a new webcam that's supposed to be true 1080p. What's the easiest way to verify the resolution? I can't find a setting anywhere. 159900
  8. Webcam resolution

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Webcam resolution: My webcam has poor resolution, if I install something like youcam will the resolution be better or should I opt for an external camera? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/webcam-resolution/65866a43-fdd6-471f-bb3b-09fb5192feaa
  9. Blurry Monitor after resolution change

in Windows 10 Support
    Blurry Monitor after resolution change: Hi. I've read through a number of similar problems but can't find a solution. I have a 28 inch Samsung 4K monitor but was running it on its recommended resolution of 1920x1080. Everything looked clear and good. I switched it to 4K to see what the difference was. Since I...
  10. Windows 10 resolution problem(blurry)

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 resolution problem(blurry): Well i just upgraded to windows 10 yesterday it is all great and all but i am having a problem with the screen First i did is I installed all drivers and i made sure i installed the right one(i have amd radeon hd 6450) my problem is that everything is small and blurry so i...