Windows 10: Webcam has disappeared

Discus and support Webcam has disappeared in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Webcam has disappeared. Not listed in Device Manager at all. Have tried multiple things suggested online - none of which worked. How to fix this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GailCole1, Jun 3, 2020.

1. GailCole1 Win User

Webcam has disappeared

Webcam has disappeared. Not listed in Device Manager at all. Have tried multiple things suggested online - none of which worked. How to fix this? Is there a windows software I can download...I looked but could not find any.

Thanks to any one who can advise.

:)

GailCole1, Jun 3, 2020

2. Webcam had disappeared

Hi,

The webcam may have stopped working due to hardware failure, or a loose cable that connects it to the device’s motherboard. We suggest that you try to show hidden devices in
    Device Manager by following these steps:

• Right-click on the Start menu and select Device Manager.
    • Click on the View tab and select Show hidden devices.

If you are seeing the webcam drivers, uninstall them. Then restart your device to check if Windows will be able to recognize the webcam and will install the drivers.

Let us know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, Jun 3, 2020
  3. Webcam not working in Windows 10 Pro on Microsoft camera app and not on Skype

Hi,

Since you mentioned that you already reinstalled the driver for your webcam, we suggest that you perform these troubleshooting steps to resolve your concern:

Get back to us with the results of the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Kristoffer Abs, Jun 3, 2020
  4. Webcam has disappeared

Webcam had disappeared

Thank you for the update. Have you gone looking under Imaging devices in
    Device Manager? Mostly, the camera device can be found under this category. Some cameras/webcams may also show up under
    Sound, video and game controllers. If you're able to locate the driver, try uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers.

Also, if you haven't tried running the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter, we suggest that you do so, to scan your computer, identify the problem, and attempt to fix the issue automatically. You may refer to the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R and type Control Panel.
    • Type troubleshooting in the search bar and click on
      Troubleshooting
    • Click on Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.

If you need further assistance, let us know.

Aileen Alf, Jun 3, 2020
Thema:

Webcam has disappeared

1. Webcam has disappeared - Similar Threads - Webcam has disappeared

2. Bluetooth has disappeared.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth has disappeared.: What can I do to get Bluetooth back on my DELL laptop? OS Windows 11. I've downloaded all DELL updates Bluetooth has just disappeared. It pops up in device manager if you show hidden items but it doesn't have any option to upgrade or uninstall....
  3. Bluetooth has disappeared

Bluetooth has disappeared: Hi, I have an issue where my Bluetooth suddenly disappeared while working. I have already tried starting the Bluetooth services BUT I cannot put it on automatic because it says the parameters are wrong. I tried reinstalling the drivers and I tried searching in legacy hardware...
  4. Bluetooth has disappeared

Bluetooth has disappeared: Hey out there. I have a Dell Optiplex 990 running Windows 10 Professional, 64 bit. Bluetooth has been running perfectly for 3 years since I got this PC. Now, since Tuesday this week, Bluetooth has stopped. The system says it is turned off. I have looked in my Device Manager...
  5. Bluetooth has disappeared

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth has disappeared: no bluetooth device in device manager...cannot turn bluetooth on for wireless mouse and keyboard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-has-disappeared/51723866-5922-4723-8e8f-3755fd9134f4
  6. Skype has disappeared

Skype has disappeared: Starting about a week ago Skype no longer appears in my Systray. It's still listening because when someone sends a message it comes up but when I want to send I can no longer find it. Windows 10 v1909 154122
  7. Disappeared Webcam

Disappeared Webcam: Since upgrading to Windows 10 I cannot get the webcam in my Dell XPS One 2720 to work. I now cannot see it in Device Manager. Can anyone help me get it back working? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disappeared-webcam/c519d7b9-d78b-44db-bac1-ea4fd137892a
  8. Edge has disappeared

in Browsers and Email
    Edge has disappeared: Edge browser has suddenly disappeared. Have tried running sfc and dism commands, cant even find it in search. Update : Edge has been replaced by Internet Explorer? dafuq 19849
  9. webcam has stopped working

webcam has stopped working: When I installed Windows 10 my webcam was working okay but now the computer can't detect it and the problem persists after I restart multiple times. I tried looking on Device Manager but couldn't see the webcam there. This is a built-in webcam on a Sony VAIO. Is there any way...
  10. Music has disappeared

in Windows 10 Support
    Music has disappeared: All my music has disappeared Help 47589