Windows 10: webcam is not working

Discus and support webcam is not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My webcam is not working after window 10 update.I tried so many solution,but still not detecting even in device manager webcam driver is missing`... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PRASHANTSHEKHAR1, Nov 24, 2018.

1. webcam is not working

My webcam is not working after window 10 update.I tried so many solution,but still not detecting even in device manager webcam driver is missing`

:)

PRASHANTSHEKHAR1, Nov 24, 2018

2. Webcam not working in Windows 10 Pro on Microsoft camera app and not on Skype

Hi,

Since you mentioned that you already reinstalled the driver for your webcam, we suggest that you perform these troubleshooting steps to resolve your concern:

Get back to us with the results of the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Kristoffer Abs, Nov 24, 2018
  3. Webcam had disappeared

Hi,

The webcam may have stopped working due to hardware failure, or a loose cable that connects it to the device’s motherboard. We suggest that you try to show hidden devices in
    Device Manager by following these steps:

• Right-click on the Start menu and select Device Manager.
    • Click on the View tab and select Show hidden devices.

If you are seeing the webcam drivers, uninstall them. Then restart your device to check if Windows will be able to recognize the webcam and will install the drivers.

Let us know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, Nov 24, 2018
  4. AndreePin Win User

webcam is not working

Imaging Devices missing in Device Manager and Webcam doesn't working

Hi,

Since you mentioned that the said driver is missing in Device Manager, what we suggest is for you to check in the Hidden Devices section on Device Manager. Kindly follow the steps below:

• On the desktop, press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager.
    • Click on View and select
      Show Hidden Devices.
    • Check for the webcam under Imaging Devices.
    • If the webcam is listed, then right-click on it and select
      Update Driver Software
    • Select Browse My Computer for Driver Software and follow the prompted steps.
    Please post back with the result for further assistance

AndreePin, Nov 24, 2018
Thema:

webcam is not working

1. webcam is not working - Similar Threads - webcam working

2. Webcam not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Webcam not working: So I attended a zoom class as usual, and the webcam was working fine. I've had it for about a month now. After the class I had a fifteen minute break, so I went up to get food and left my computer on. I DIDN'T TOUCH ANYTHING. I came back for my next class and my camera wasn't...
  3. Webcam microphone does not work.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Webcam microphone does not work.: I just bought USB webcam with built-in microphone.Camera works but mic does not.I tried different things updated drivers,changed settings etc but no luck.I have Windows 10 desktop....
  4. WebCam doen't work in Teams but in Zoom application does.

WebCam doen't work in Teams but in Zoom application does.: Hi I have Windows 10 Pro with all update also drivers. I have installed an usb WebCam and Windows 10 shows it in Settings --> Bluetooth & other devices. The WebCam also appears in the Control Panel --> Device Manager under the label Imaging Devices. The Microphone of the...
  5. My integrated webcam works in Skype but Microsoft teams does not seem to recognise it

My integrated webcam works in Skype but Microsoft teams does not seem to recognise it: I have a windows 10 system on a 2018 HP Pavilion laptop with all updates downloaded. Drivers have been updated. All privacy settings have been checked and access for apps to the webcam is granted. My webcam comes on and is able to be used with Skype but not teams. Please...
  6. Webcam not working

Webcam not working: No cameras attached error in hp pavilion laptop. I changed my hard drive after that i am unable to use my webcam. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/webcam-not-working/afd6def8-ecb1-425e-a067-1460a875db3b
  7. USB Webcam not working on Windows 10

USB Webcam not working on Windows 10: The Web cam was installed and discovered on Windows 10 version 1909 Build 18363.778. but Device Manager reports "This device cannot start. Code 10. An invalid parameter was passed to a service or function." The driver software is Microsoft 10.0.18362.693. Attempted "Update...
  8. Inbuilt Webcam not working Windows 10

Inbuilt Webcam not working Windows 10: I have a new Dell laptop - Inspiron 7580, and tried to used the inbuilt webcam at the start of corona lockdown, but it doesn't work. I have given all applications permission to access the camera but still it won't work, and an error code is generated. Whilst trying to sort...
  9. webcam is not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    webcam is not working: hi, I have problem with my new computer the camera is not working anymore in video call in fb or skype? My friend say the anti virus block your cam? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/webcam-is-not-working/3d3aba08-c7f8-4284-a6de-1c980b6f620e
  10. Webcam not working

Webcam not working: I have done everything the help application has told me to do including installing a driver from the Lenovo website and updating my camera driver. Any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/webcam-not-working/a6b1a680-9b3a-486f-b60f-ebb8fea4aa4e