Windows 10: webcam is not working

Discus and support webcam is not working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi there, I have my webcam on my laptop. I turn off it once in the setting and when I turn it on again, it is not working anymore. Previously it just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ALFERDLooi, May 9, 2019.

1. webcam is not working

Hi there, I have my webcam on my laptop. I turn off it once in the setting and when I turn it on again, it is not working anymore. Previously it just work fine enough.

webcam is not working 62fbe5c3-b988-424a-8e17-f62d882e6e3b?upload=true.png webcam is not working 1be32914-f75d-48b6-bf41-343ba5ef7748?upload=true.png

:)

ALFERDLooi, May 9, 2019
  2. Naresh_K Win User

Webcam not working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

This issue can occur if the camera drivers are not up-to date, your anti-virus may be blocking the camera, or camera app is not installed properly. I would suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article:
    Camera does not work in Windows 10. You can also refer to the suggestion on HP article:
    HP PCs - Webcam Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 8).

If you need any further assistance, please write back with the following information:

1. What happens when you are trying to access Camera app?
    2. What is the exact error message you are getting?
    3. What is version of Windows 10 that is installed on your device?
    4. Are you using an external webcam? If yes, please help us with the make and model of the webcam.

Regards,

Naresh_K, May 9, 2019
  3. Webcam not working in Windows 10 Pro on Microsoft camera app and not on Skype

Hi,

Since you mentioned that you already reinstalled the driver for your webcam, we suggest that you perform these troubleshooting steps to resolve your concern:

Get back to us with the results of the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Kristoffer Abs, May 9, 2019
  4. webcam is not working

Webcam had disappeared

Hi,

The webcam may have stopped working due to hardware failure, or a loose cable that connects it to the device’s motherboard. We suggest that you try to show hidden devices in
    Device Manager by following these steps:

• Right-click on the Start menu and select Device Manager.
    • Click on the View tab and select Show hidden devices.

If you are seeing the webcam drivers, uninstall them. Then restart your device to check if Windows will be able to recognize the webcam and will install the drivers.

Let us know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, May 9, 2019
Thema:

webcam is not working

1. webcam is not working - Similar Threads - webcam working

2. Webcam won't work in any browser; works for other applications

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Webcam won't work in any browser; works for other applications: I have no problem using the built-in webcam for Windows Hello login, Skype, or Zoom. It will not, however, work in any web browser; I've tried Chrome, Firefox, and Edge. For Chrome and Edge, it does not prompt for permission and does not list any cameras available ie: in...
  3. USB connected webcam not working

USB connected webcam not working: Hi all, I am unable to use the windows camera app even though my webcam is connected to my desktop via USB. I get the error message saying " We can't find your camera". with error code 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached>. Please advise on how to sort this problem as I have...
  4. Microsoft Webcam Cinema not working with Windows 10

Microsoft Webcam Cinema not working with Windows 10: A longtime problem for many. I've been dealing with it for a few years now. Tried rolling back to older drivers - 3.xx, 4.xx. That worked for a while but with the most recent OS update build 2004 nothing worked. Scouring the internet and getting desperate, I saw a post...
  5. it says integrated webcam is working properly but it s not. How can I get it working?

it says integrated webcam is working properly but it s not. How can I get it working?: intergrated webcam says it is working properly, but when I try to use it like on Zoom, no picture appears. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-says-integrated-webcam-is-working-properly-but/8c5bc481-b5f5-4087-9ae0-f1546009d72a
  6. please helpme i have a hcl me l 1024 and my webcam not working

please helpme i have a hcl me l 1024 and my webcam not working: please help me i have a hcl me l 1024 notebook pc and my laptop camera driver is mistakely permanently deleted by me and i find the web but it did not help me please help me please...
  7. ThinkPad T440 Integrated WebCam not working

ThinkPad T440 Integrated WebCam not working: Hello! I am a proud owner of an older ThinkPad T440 unit. The laptop itself works great and is just what I need for my purposes. That said, I do have a problem with it that I was hoping some of you guys could help me solve, since most internet tips failed and I was...
  8. ThinkPad T440 Integrated WebCam not working

ThinkPad T440 Integrated WebCam not working: Hello! I am a proud owner of an older ThinkPad T440 unit. The laptop itself works great and is just what I need for my purposes. That said, I do have a problem with it that I was hoping some of you guys could help me solve, since most internet tips failed and I was...
  9. microsoft teams webcam not working

microsoft teams webcam not working: Yesterday the 23rd of June I was having a school meeting as I was going to on the camera when suddenly it said "No available camera found" this problem was in the camera also.I cannot on the camera as it is stuck zoom and other meetings have access to the camera I need the...
  10. Philips Webcam SPC650NC won't work

Philips Webcam SPC650NC won't work: In spite of all contributions of getting Philips webcams work with Windows 10 i didn't succeed in it. In device manager the webcam is visible but eg in Skype the camera doesn't work, only the microphone function is working. Why is it so difficult to get this camera work?...