Windows 10: Webcam issues after the windows update.

Discus and support Webcam issues after the windows update. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi , Currently I am using windows 10 1809 version and i noticed that my web cam is not working after the update. I have searched for options and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by VishnuPV1, Jun 2, 2019.

1. VishnuPV1 Win User

Webcam issues after the windows update.

Hi ,

Currently I am using windows 10 1809 version and i noticed that my web cam is not working after the update. I have searched for options and workarounds all over the internet and could not find a fix for this issue. I understand that this is a bug in the recent update how can i fix this issue? This is really irritating for us. Please suggest us options to fix this issue.

Please note : I have tried all the possible options available in the internet. Like driver reset, EnableFrameServerMode etc. Please let us know when can we expect a fix from the Microsoft for this issue?

:)

VishnuPV1, Jun 2, 2019

2. Updating Webcam Drivers

I have an ASUS GL551JW with a built-in webcam. I am having sync issues between the audio and video when I use Camtasia 8.6. The software manufacture told me to check my webcam drivers.

I checked the drivers and they are from 2006. They are Microsoft drivers. I contacted ASUS and they couldn't provide me any information on updated drivers, but they were able to give me the following details about my webcam:

I have been searching online but I'm not finding anything that is helpful for obtaining updated drivers. Maybe there aren't any updated drivers, but I am hoping that they've been updated since 2006.

I have already downloaded the Intel chipset drivers from ASUS. I am not sure if that would include the webcam drivers. That's what ASUS told me to download.

Device Manager lists the webcam as: USB2.0 UVC HD Webcam. I am using Windows 10.

Does anyone have any suggestions, or can someone help me find some updated drivers for this webcam?

P.S. I am planning on buying a "real" webcam in the next couple months, but until then, I need to try to get this one working. Everything works fine on this webcam, and the video is good, it's just out of sync with any recorded audio.

Kenneth R. Jones, Jun 2, 2019
  3. webcam issue

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

The information which you have provided is not enough for us to determine the issue. Please provide us more information.

• What exact error message do you receive while using Webcam?
    • Does this issue persist while using specific app/program or does it persist with all app using Webcam?

Method 1:

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices
    troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.

Method 2:

If issue persist, I suggest you to try installing Webcam drivers in compatibility mode. Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows. Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check
    if that helps.

• Download the Webcam drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘Properties’.
    • Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’
      and select Windows 8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    Hope this information is helpful. Do reply if you need further assistance, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Jun 2, 2019
  4. Webcam issues after the windows update.

Webcam not work at all, Code 43, Could no migrate bla bla, tried 2 webcam, same issue

Hi Guillaume,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Let me help you to fix the issue.

The issue you are facing could be due to the Webcam driver is being outdated. Let’s try simple steps and check if this helps.
    I suggest you to update the webcam driver manually and check if it helps. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager

• Locate for Imaging devices and expand it.

• Right click on the device driver and click on
      update.
    If the issue still persist I would recommend you to go to the webcam manufacturer website and download the latest updated driver and install the same.

http://support.logitech.com/product/hd-pro-webcam-c920

For the error code 10, follow the above steps and try updating the controller device driver and check.

Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Jun 2, 2019
Thema:

Webcam issues after the windows update.

1. Webcam issues after the windows update. - Similar Threads - Webcam issues update

2. webcam issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    webcam issues: webcam does not appear in the device manager.HP EliteBook laptop with built in camera.Windows 10 with latest updateshelp https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/webcam-issues/aeb1cb77-4c6c-412e-b51e-54cf81681a98
  3. Windows Webcam Issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Webcam Issues: My webcam was functional earlier yesterday, but suddenly stopped working when I added legacy hardware through device manager. Now, the webcam shows a grey screen when turned on. Additionally, device manager shows 3 cameras that are all the same, despite my computer only...
  4. WEBCAM ISSUE

WEBCAM ISSUE: ALL OF THE SUDDEN WEBCAM VIEW HAS BECOME BLURR https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/webcam-issue/894d74d0-1a12-4828-9995-cb072a13611f
  5. Webcam problems after windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Webcam problems after windows update: I have a new HP monitor with an integrated webcam and speakers - linked to a mini desktop set up. The camera stopped working and I now need to run a separate camera via a USB hub to do video conferences. The store where i bought both units told me it is not a hardware problem...
  6. Webcam issue

Webcam issue: Recently the integrated webcam on my Lenovo Yoga 900-13ISK2 started having problems when used with Skype - it crashed after a few minutes - but no problems with other videoconference websites or apps. A couple of days ago, after the usual crash over Skype, I tried to delve...
  7. Webcam not working after windows update.

Webcam not working after windows update.: My computer recently updated windows 10 and since then my webcam will not work, when I try to use it the screen is blurred out with cam picture that has a line through it. What can I do to fix this? So irritating since I didn't really have a choice to update. Jennifer...
  8. Issues with Webcam

Issues with Webcam: I'm attempting to utilize my webcam but it isn't listed under imaging devices; it is under cameras. Under Imaging devices is my printer with scanner. I've been searching the internet but none of the options offered have worked. For a while I was getting a message that...
  9. WebCam issue

WebCam issue: Camera not working; and cannot find WebCam device in HP Laptop Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/webcam-issue/e567ad39-5403-4f21-8f5f-277a0edb112a
  10. Webcam Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Webcam Issues: Hi All, I've read several threads on webcam issues and it all seems to be related to the constant updates. The latest error I'm getting is attached. When I check my driver details, it states my built-in webcame is now a USB video device (version 10.0.17134.1). I've...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. EnableFrameServerMode windows 10 patch

2. azwave/am-1h056.