Windows 10: webcam keeps adjusting / flickering back and forth

Discus and support webcam keeps adjusting / flickering back and forth in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm running Windows 10 and I have a LifeCam Cinema. Whenever I open the Camera app to test my webcam, it always flickers / adjusts back and forth,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by daw9801, Sep 5, 2019.

1. daw9801 Win User

webcam keeps adjusting / flickering back and forth

I'm running Windows 10 and I have a LifeCam Cinema.

Whenever I open the Camera app to test my webcam, it always flickers / adjusts back and forth, and never shows a still image.

I am dual-booting Windows and Ubuntu Linux. On Ubuntu, the camera works perfectly. Why would this be happening on Windows?

:)

daw9801, Sep 5, 2019

2. External Webcam adjustment

Hi,

Webcams has different settings and configurations which could make adjustments on your device. To resolve your concern, we suggest contacting the manufacturer of your webcam to provide you with appropriate settings and changes needed to adjust and walk you
    through proper navigation and control of your webcam.

If you have other queries, feel free to ask us.

Arthur Rui, Sep 5, 2019
  3. External Webcam adjustment

Thank you Arthur Rue for taking the time to answer my question I appreciate your information very much one thing I'd like to say though I did this one time with everything the way it is But i can't remember how I did it

shooter_13, Sep 5, 2019
  4. Edwin Win User

Logitech C920 Webcam keeps auto-adjusting mic volume

Check Skype settings...

webcam keeps adjusting / flickering back and forth [​IMG]

Edwin, Sep 5, 2019
Thema:

1. webcam keeps adjusting / flickering back and forth - Similar Threads - webcam keeps adjusting

2. Why no history on the back and forth buttons?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why no history on the back and forth buttons?: Why can I no longer see the dropdowns showing the history on the back and forward buttons? Will microsoft ever stop removing useful features? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-no-history-on-the-back-and-forth-buttons/cda81ed9-86de-4439-b9ab-5894b8e6f14a
  3. Why no history on the back and forth buttons?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why no history on the back and forth buttons?: Why can I no longer see the dropdowns showing the history on the back and forward buttons? Will microsoft ever stop removing useful features? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-no-history-on-the-back-and-forth-buttons/cda81ed9-86de-4439-b9ab-5894b8e6f14a
  4. Mouse cursor rapidly flickers back and forth between regular cursor and "waiting" cursor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse cursor rapidly flickers back and forth between regular cursor and "waiting" cursor: After the most recent Windows 11 update, my mouse cursor is flickering rapidly back and forth between the regular pointer cursor, and the regular pointer cursor with a blue "waiting" circle. It's as if something in Windows keeps trying to do something, but gives up almost...
  5. Mouse cursor rapidly flickers back and forth between regular cursor and "waiting" cursor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse cursor rapidly flickers back and forth between regular cursor and "waiting" cursor: After the most recent Windows 11 update, my mouse cursor is flickering rapidly back and forth between the regular pointer cursor, and the regular pointer cursor with a blue "waiting" circle. It's as if something in Windows keeps trying to do something, but gives up almost...
  6. Webcam flickers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Webcam flickers: So first of all, I've tried a total of three different brands of webcams. One is my friend's logitech which works fine with his desktop. The rest two were purchased from Amazon new, with one of the manufactures sent me a replacement. All three brands four webcams caused the...
  7. Audio Device Keeps switching back and forth

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio Device Keeps switching back and forth: I've had this problem for a day or 2, it's frustrating. Whenever I launch sound options, or something similar to sound then my audio devices go crazy. If you click the sound slider thing, you can select an output device there. Mine just keeps switching between Speakers and...
  8. Icons keep jumping back and forth in a dual monitor setup

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Icons keep jumping back and forth in a dual monitor setup: My desktop icons just keep jumping from one monitor to other either when I reboot as well when I computer backup from blank screen mode. I tried to unchecked auto-arrange and auto-organize and also disabled allow theme to change desktop icons. Nothing seems to have any...
  9. Adjusting Webcam Aspect Ratio

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Adjusting Webcam Aspect Ratio: I need to learn how to adjust the "aspect ratio" of my webcam. I am sending videos and they have the "square look" of older TVs. I need to send a widerscreen look of current TVs. I was told to adjust the aspect ratio and honestly I am at wits end on how to do this? Thanks...
  10. Taskbare icons moving back and forth

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbare icons moving back and forth: For the past couple of months, the power icon, wifi icon, volume icon and the arrow up for the hidden icons keep moving back and forth constantly making it frustrating to click on any of them. At first it seemed as this happened for a few minutes at start up, but now it is...