Windows 10: Webcam Mic sound set to "Tape Cassette Quality" and I can't change it.

Discus and support Webcam Mic sound set to "Tape Cassette Quality" and I can't change it. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Using Windows 10 on a desktop computer less than a year old. Purchased a highly rated no-name 1080HD webcam but it sounds like it's under water.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Susanne B., May 25, 2020.

1. Webcam Mic sound set to "Tape Cassette Quality" and I can't change it.

Using Windows 10 on a desktop computer less than a year old. Purchased a highly rated no-name 1080HD webcam but it sounds like it's under water. Checked properties and microphone is set to 1 channel 16000 bitrate Tape Cassette Quality but I am unable to change this setting to anything higher. Please help!

:)

Susanne B., May 25, 2020
  2. bjproc Win User

Mic/Webcam set up

Hi,
    My wife is working from home, she's using her Win 10 Samsung laptop, but struggling for webcam & mic set up.

This is pictures of whats happening. first one is the error, 2nd is the options, then the next 2 are in the security when you click manage, just can't get them to work, say drivers are all up to date and both are enabled in device manger, she's got a mic/headset from her work and this works, but still no webcam.

Webcam Mic sound set to "Tape Cassette Quality" and I can't change it. [​IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

we were trying through facebook for setting up the webcam & mic, not sure if this was the right thing to do?

bjproc, May 25, 2020
  3. Andre Da Costa, May 25, 2020
  4. CountMike Win User

Webcam Mic sound set to "Tape Cassette Quality" and I can't change it.

Converting old tape cassettes to MP 3

Unless you need a standalone apparatus for digitizing cassette tapes all you need is a half decent player with headphone connection and a stereo cable to connect to any computer Line-in and any of hundreds of sound recording programs, even W10 has such APP.
    I digitized many hours of music and sound using Sony pocket player.

CountMike, May 25, 2020
Thema:

Webcam Mic sound set to "Tape Cassette Quality" and I can't change it.

1. Webcam Mic sound set to "Tape Cassette Quality" and I can't change it. - Similar Threads - Webcam Mic sound

2. Headset not working unless I change Audio Quality in sound settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headset not working unless I change Audio Quality in sound settings: One of our users is experiencing issues with headsets. They are connected to a docking station and when they take it out of the dock the headset stops working. This also happens the other way around.The only fix we found was to change the audio quality in the Windows 11...
  3. Headset not working unless I change Audio Quality in sound settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset not working unless I change Audio Quality in sound settings: One of our users is experiencing issues with headsets. They are connected to a docking station and when they take it out of the dock the headset stops working. This also happens the other way around.The only fix we found was to change the audio quality in the Windows 11...
  4. Can Windows recognize cassette and VHS tapes?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can Windows recognize cassette and VHS tapes?: I have sort of a standard cassette drive and a VHS drive.I want to play or covert these in Windows, however, it is not recognized in Windows because there is no such driver.I was unable to find such driver that exists that dose not cause a conflict or critical errors.Is it...
  5. Can Windows recognize cassette and VHS tapes?

Can Windows recognize cassette and VHS tapes?: I have sort of a standard cassette drive and a VHS drive.I want to play or covert these in Windows, however, it is not recognized in Windows because there is no such driver.I was unable to find such driver that exists that dose not cause a conflict or critical errors.Is it...
  6. Can Windows recognize cassette and VHS tapes?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. My sound quality is permanently set to tape recorder quality, how can I fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My sound quality is permanently set to tape recorder quality, how can I fix this?: I use a steelseries bluetooth headset and have had a lot of trouble trying to fix this. My drivers say they are up to date when I attempt to update them, and the speakers on my laptop sound fine....
  8. My sound quality is permanently set to tape recorder quality, how can I fix this?

My sound quality is permanently set to tape recorder quality, how can I fix this?: I use a steelseries bluetooth headset and have had a lot of trouble trying to fix this. My drivers say they are up to date when I attempt to update them, and the speakers on my laptop sound fine....
  9. Mic/Webcam set up

Mic/Webcam set up: Hi, My wife is working from home, she's using her Win 10 Samsung laptop, but struggling for webcam & mic set up. This is pictures of whats happening. first one is the error, 2nd is the options, then the next 2 are in the security when you click manage, just can't get them to...
  10. Unable to change mic audio quality

Unable to change mic audio quality: Hello! I've been looking around for a few days trying to figure out how to change the audio quality of mine and a friends microphone. Essentially, you just have to go to the advanced audio settings, and change the bit rate to the quality you want, hit apply and you're good...