Windows 10: Webcam Microphone issues

Discus and support Webcam Microphone issues in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Yet another Windows 10 issue... I have an external USB webcam/microphone from Aukey, the issue is the same I had with another one I sent back to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by karlwright3, Mar 2, 2021.

1. Webcam Microphone issues

Yet another Windows 10 issue...

I have an external USB webcam/microphone from Aukey, the issue is the same I had with another one I sent back to Amazon thinking it was dud

The micrphone cycles to work or not. On teams as the deafult mic it won't work. When I cycle to the built in mic on laptop and back then it'll work. Eqaully it will decide to stop working, sometime cycling through built in mic will get it working again, sometimes not.

It's not the webcam because I've had this with another one.

Any ideas ??

:)

karlwright3, Mar 2, 2021
  2. Riel Alc Win User

Microphone issues

Hi Michael,

Here are the possible reasons why you're getting an error "The microphone did not pick anything up" when using it:

• Incorrect settings (microphone is not set as default device)
    • Corrupted or outdated driver
    • Faulty device

For us to isolate the issue, we'd like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made to your computer prior to this issue(e.g. Windows updates)?
    • Have you tried connecting other microphone to your computer?
    • Have you tried connecting the microphone to the other computer?

In the meantime, we suggest running the Recording Audio Troubleshooter to find and repair problems with recording sound. We also suggest checking if your microphone is set as your default recording device. For troubleshooting steps, please see
    Geethu B's on this
    link.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Mar 2, 2021
  3. John Sarc Win User
    My webcam and microphone don't work.

Hi Remy,

Your concern description is conclusive to drivers issue. Let's get ourselves on the same page. Usually, there's an error message to show up when you're trying to use it and not working. If you get any, send us a screenshot. We would also like to know the
    following:

• Are you using the built-in webcam and microphone or external ones?
    • Have you made any modifications/configurations on your computer prior to the issue?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

John Sarc, Mar 2, 2021
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Webcam Microphone issues

Microphone Issue

Hi
    Mateviar,

Upon analyzing the details you have provided, it is possible that the issue is with the
    hardware
    or the
    device
    itself. However, we need to make sure that is the case. To isolate this matter, we have some questions for you:

• Were there any changes made before the issue occurred?

• Have you tried using the microphone to another PC?

• What are the troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We suggest that you run the
    Hardware and Device Troubleshooter. To run the
    Troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting
      and hit
      Enter.

• Choose
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on
      Hardware and Devices
      to run the
      Troubleshooter.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Mar 2, 2021
Thema:

Webcam Microphone issues

1. Webcam Microphone issues - Similar Threads - Webcam Microphone issues

2. Webcam and Microphone not working !!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Webcam and Microphone not working !!: Hi there,A month ago my laptop showed some errors, like when I was opening Camera app, it was showing that pls plug in camera, despite the fact that I have in-built camera in the laptop, then when I try to record audio, no audio is being recorded, even when microphone also...
  3. WEBCAM ISSUE

WEBCAM ISSUE: ALL OF THE SUDDEN WEBCAM VIEW HAS BECOME BLURR https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/webcam-issue/894d74d0-1a12-4828-9995-cb072a13611f
  4. Crackly Webcam Microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Crackly Webcam Microphone: HP Envy Laptop 64 on Windows 10. My webcam mic is extremely crackly on the Camera Video app and on Audacity audio recording playback and yet my Skype partner says it is OK quality though she says it has been crackly and poor in the past. If I check output on the meter it is...
  5. Webcam issue

Webcam issue: Recently the integrated webcam on my Lenovo Yoga 900-13ISK2 started having problems when used with Skype - it crashed after a few minutes - but no problems with other videoconference websites or apps. A couple of days ago, after the usual crash over Skype, I tried to delve...
  6. Microphone and Webcam Access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microphone and Webcam Access: Hello! My thoughts are with everyone. I am trying to get prepped for online classes, and I am having MAJOR issues with my webcam and microphone. On Google Meet, Google Hangouts, Zoom, etc. the microphone and webcam connect, but my computer then tells me that they don't...
  7. microphone and webcam

microphone and webcam: I am using VAIO Intel cor i3 processor 2.20 Ghz. I used webcam and built in microphone for skype calls but now both of them are not working. I dont know whether they are physically damaged or there is some error in the software. Please help. Also i have Ms Office not...
  8. Webcam and Microphone Issue

Webcam and Microphone Issue: Hello, I have an HP ENVY - 15-as133cl. I have installed windows 10 1903 on it. My Webcam and Microphone works in sound recorder and in Facebook Messenger app. It does not work in Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, or Adobe Audition. It also does not work on any websites that need...
  9. WebCam issue

WebCam issue: Camera not working; and cannot find WebCam device in HP Laptop Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/webcam-issue/e567ad39-5403-4f21-8f5f-277a0edb112a
  10. Webcam Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Webcam Issues: Hi All, I've read several threads on webcam issues and it all seems to be related to the constant updates. The latest error I'm getting is attached. When I check my driver details, it states my built-in webcame is now a USB video device (version 10.0.17134.1). I've...