Windows 10: Webcam - Microsoft camera app

Discus and support Webcam - Microsoft camera app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am running the latest Windows 10 Home 64 bit. Winver says it is Version 20H2 OS Build 19042.804, and assures me that it is licensed. The Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AmandaJeffrey, Feb 14, 2021.

1. Webcam - Microsoft camera app

I am running the latest Windows 10 Home 64 bit. Winver says it is Version 20H2 OS Build 19042.804, and assures me that it is licensed. The Windows Camera App did not come pre-installed as part of any version or update of Windows 10, including this one. I have tried repeatedly to install it from the Microsoft store. I find the app in the store, click DOWNLOAD, then INSTALL, then LAUNCH. It works perfectly, bringing up my old Logitech QuickCam Pro for Notebooks webcam, both audio and video. Great! So I close it down, then try to relaunch the App - and it isn't there. I can't find it anywhere. It does not appear in the START - ALL PROGRAMS list, or the CONTROL PANEL - PROGRAMS AND FEATURES. I do a file search Show All Files for CAMERA, and the only thing that comes up is CameraSettingsUIHost.exe. Incidentally, when I click Run As Admin on this file, nothing happens.

Recently, I joined my first ZOOM meeting. When I joined, the camera came up immediately and worked perfectly, so something about ZOOM was able to find it and access it. All of this says that the camera is working, the driver is working, and Windows 10 can find and control the camera. What is next?

I would like to be able to manually access the camera. Can you help? Should I give up and install someone else's camera program?

Bill

:)

AmandaJeffrey, Feb 14, 2021

2. Webcam not working in Windows 10 Pro on Microsoft camera app and not on Skype

Hi,

Since you mentioned that you already reinstalled the driver for your webcam, we suggest that you perform these troubleshooting steps to resolve your concern:

Get back to us with the results of the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Kristoffer Abs, Feb 14, 2021
  3. Ertrugrul Win User
    My Webcam is not working with Microsoft Teams

Hi Antonio,

I have gone into settings as you said.

Microsoft Teams is listed under 'Some desktop apps might not appear in the following list or are not affected by this setting' which comes under the 'Allow desktop apps to access your camera'.

The Webcam works with the following apps: -

Windows Camera app

Skype (from Microsoft)

Zoom

I have checked that my Kaspersky software and it is allowing access by Teams to the Webcam. I uninstalled the Webcam driver and then reinstalled it.

As the Webcam works with all other apps then I believe it must be the interaction with Teams and my Webcam.

Please advise next steps please.

Ertrugrul, Feb 14, 2021
  4. yogalD Win User

Webcam - Microsoft camera app

Camera app - webcams only?

Is the Windows 10 camera app only for webcams or something? I tried connecting my Canon IXUS 95IS and Windows detects it properly but the Camera app doesn't.

yogalD, Feb 14, 2021
Thema:

Webcam - Microsoft camera app

1. Webcam - Microsoft camera app - Similar Threads - Webcam Microsoft camera

2. webcam/camera question

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    webcam/camera question: If I start my webcam then later close the program using webcam the light indicating that it is on, or at least available/tide to a program. The only way I can have access to the webcam again is to put computer to sleep/hibernation or re-boot. The 'active' light remains on. If...
  3. webcam/camera question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    webcam/camera question: If I start my webcam then later close the program using webcam the light indicating that it is on, or at least available/tide to a program. The only way I can have access to the webcam again is to put computer to sleep/hibernation or re-boot. The 'active' light remains on. If...
  4. Default Webcam For Camera App

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default Webcam For Camera App: Is there a way to actually set a default webcam for the camera app? Please, don't tell me to disable devices or anything. I want to SELECT A CAMERA THAT DOESN'T SHOW IN DEVICES AND PRINTERS. This is crazy that I can't select an OBS Studio virtual webcam. It's like the most...
  5. Webcam not recognized by Camera App

Webcam not recognized by Camera App: The Webcam I currently use is recognized is not recognized by the Camera App or any Browser. For some reason it works in Skype and Discord. The Error Message in the Windows Camera app is: 0xA00F4288 <AllCamerasAreReserved> I have no idea why this is happening. It happens...
  6. Trouble editing camera properties on webcam using camera app

Trouble editing camera properties on webcam using camera app: I've looked all over the place to try and change the settings for my new webcam, but I tried right clicking on the camera app and nothing happens. The only way I can edit the camera properties is through OBS Studio so far and the settings don't save or change for any other...
  7. Camera and Webcam

Camera and Webcam: I cannot use camera on my laptop. It seems it does not exist or cannot be found on Device Manager. I have received an error code of 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached> https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-and-webcam/d94ce0a1-3c8a-4e65-81f8-14eddde28167
  8. webcam/camera

webcam/camera: I have been utilizing Zoom app. without difficulty but now the program is indicating that it is unable to locate camera so I don't have full function of the app. I have been troubleshooting and am unable to find the problem to correct it. Any suggestions?...
  9. Integrated camera/webcam

Integrated camera/webcam: Lenovo Yoga 510 Idea Pad error code 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached> - lens is clearly visible on machine - can I get drivers to activate this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/integrated-camerawebcam/bb52326b-a8b5-443c-8940-0bcfeed02f4c
  10. Camera app - webcams only?

Camera app - webcams only?: Is the Windows 10 camera app only for webcams or something? I tried connecting my Canon IXUS 95IS and Windows detects it properly but the Camera app doesn't. 58062