Windows 10: Webcam not detected, driver won't reinstall

Discus and support Webcam not detected, driver won't reinstall in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have an inbuilt webcam on an ASUS ZenBook UX431F and I got this message when trying to open my camera app: 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached>I tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by nikseb, Aug 21, 2021.

1. nikseb Win User

Webcam not detected, driver won't reinstall

I have an inbuilt webcam on an ASUS ZenBook UX431F and I got this message when trying to open my camera app: 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached>I tried turning off my firewall. I checked the drivers - the camera driver was hidden, and the device status told me the device was not connected to the computer Code 45. I told it to update the driver and it told me it was up to date. I told it to uninstall the driver, but the driver was not reinstalled, even when I told it to scan for hardware changes and restarted my computer.I installed an optional ASUS BIOS update before the driver uninstall

:)

nikseb, Aug 21, 2021
  2. Ian Ser Win User

Reinstall webcam driver

Hi Vicki,

Are you having trouble reinstalling the webcam driver? If so, here's how you can update drivers in Windows 10:

• Select the Start button, type Device Manager, and select it from the list of results.

• Expand one of the categories to find the name of your device, then right-click (or tap and hold) it, and select
      Update Driver.

• Select Search automatically for updated driver software.

• If Windows doesn't find a new driver, you can try looking for one on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions.
    • If these steps don't work, try reinstalling the driver: Open Device Manager, right-click (or tap and hold) the name of the device, and select
      Uninstall. Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

I'll be waiting for your updates.

Ian Ser, Aug 21, 2021
  3. Webcam not working in Windows 10 Pro on Microsoft camera app and not on Skype

Hi,

Since you mentioned that you already reinstalled the driver for your webcam, we suggest that you perform these troubleshooting steps to resolve your concern:

Get back to us with the results of the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Kristoffer Abs, Aug 21, 2021
  4. RexKingZX Win User

webcam in Win 10

My webcam won t open in Win 10. I get error code A00F4246(0x887A0004) I reinstalled drivers

RexKingZX, Aug 21, 2021
Thema:

1. Webcam not detected, driver won't reinstall - Similar Threads - Webcam detected driver

2. Reinstall Deleted webcam driver.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstall Deleted webcam driver.: Please help, my webcam is not working. And no driver is showing from device manager. I'm using Acer Swift Sf314-41. I tried troubleshooting, scan for hardware devices, add legacy driver, resetting camera and restart device...
  3. Reinstall Deleted webcam driver.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reinstall Deleted webcam driver.: Please help, my webcam is not working. And no driver is showing from device manager. I'm using Acer Swift Sf314-41. I tried troubleshooting, scan for hardware devices, add legacy driver, resetting camera and restart device...
  4. Deleted inbuilt webcam driver, need to reinstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted inbuilt webcam driver, need to reinstall: My device is hp laptop Windows 11. I deleted the inbuilt webcam driver by mistake and now the webcam won't work.The camera driver is missing from device manager so I can't reinstall driver from there.I have already tried: aTroubleshootingbTried"scan for hardware...
  5. Deleted inbuilt webcam driver, need to reinstall

Deleted inbuilt webcam driver, need to reinstall: My device is hp laptop Windows 11. I deleted the inbuilt webcam driver by mistake and now the webcam won't work.The camera driver is missing from device manager so I can't reinstall driver from there.I have already tried: aTroubleshootingbTried"scan for hardware...
  6. Deleted webcam driver, need to reinstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted webcam driver, need to reinstall: My device is hp laptop Windows 11. I deleted the inbuilt webcam driver by mistake and now the webcam won't work.The camera driver is missing from device manager so I can't reinstall driver from there. I have already tried: aTroubleshootingbTried"scan for hardware...
  7. Deleted webcam driver, need to reinstall

Deleted webcam driver, need to reinstall: My device is hp laptop Windows 11. I deleted the inbuilt webcam driver by mistake and now the webcam won't work.The camera driver is missing from device manager so I can't reinstall driver from there. I have already tried: aTroubleshootingbTried"scan for hardware...
  8. Webcam not detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Webcam not detected: Hi, I bought a Krom Kam, a PnP webcam and when I plug it in my computer it doesn't show up any notification popup saying that is connected. I went to device manager it didn't show up as well even with "Show up hidden devices" and also tried to search devices and dindi't...
  9. ReInstaling webcam

ReInstaling webcam: Hi community! I've been having problems with my integrated camera and mic. I traced the problem in the Device Manager and after trying a lot of solutions posted on other posts, either I have to "use Microsoft System Restore to go back to a time when the webcam was working...
  10. System won't detect the built-in webcam

System won't detect the built-in webcam: My laptop has a built in webcam, I didn't use it until now. But my system won't detect it and there is no driver for it in the Device Manager. I tried Scan for hardware changes, but I got nothing. Also I tried everything in this link:...