Windows 10: Webcam not found, driver issue

Discus and support Webcam not found, driver issue in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Model No. lnvnb161216 New windows update is not supported on integrated camera. Please assist with the same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Neeraj Solanki, Mar 29, 2021.

1. Webcam not found, driver issue

Model No. lnvnb161216

New windows update is not supported on integrated camera. Please assist with the same

:)

Neeraj Solanki, Mar 29, 2021
  2. Reiten Win User

Webcam driver issues

A bit of pretext to explain the events that led up to the current problem:
    A friend of mine asked me to look at his PC(Win10), which had a BSOD problem. After a short conversation and some checking around I figured out the problem. He had tried to install Avast antivirus and failed(avast got stuck in some kind of half installed state - some of the services where started on start-up) . I'm guessing that the already installed Kaspersky antivirus, had something to do with the Avast installation failing. To fix it, I went to safe mode, killed the avast processes and uninstalled it. That took care of the BSOD.

A few days later my friend called saying that his PC can't connect to the internet. After some standard troubleshooting nothing helped so I went over and it turns out that the network adapter and sound card had driver issues. Well no problem got the drivers from the manufacturers sites and everything worked. Also to note that I checked and the webcam was working at this point.

After about 2 weeks he calls again and says that the webcam is not working. So I connected with teamviewer and checked, turns out the webcam has driver issues. The problem is that the manufacturer does not provide any drivers I could use. Another thing to note is that the microphone on the webcam is working.

The used webcam is: DEFENDER C-090 Black
    I have already confirmed that:
    • the webcam is ok - connected it to another PC works perfectly;
    • it's not a general Win10 issue - connected it to another Win10 PC found the drivers and works ok(no driver issue);
    • connected another webcam to the PC - same issue, can't find drivers;
    • there are no viruses(according to Kaspersky) and no maleware(according to MWB)

Does anyone have any suggestions, where the problem could be? I don't really want to do a Win10 reset if I can avoid it.
    Thank you for any help you can provide.

Reiten, Mar 29, 2021
  3. webcam issue

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

The information which you have provided is not enough for us to determine the issue. Please provide us more information.

• What exact error message do you receive while using Webcam?
    • Does this issue persist while using specific app/program or does it persist with all app using Webcam?

Method 1:

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices
    troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.

Method 2:

If issue persist, I suggest you to try installing Webcam drivers in compatibility mode. Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows. Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check
    if that helps.

• Download the Webcam drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘Properties’.
    • Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’
      and select Windows 8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    Hope this information is helpful. Do reply if you need further assistance, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Mar 29, 2021
  4. Webcam not found, driver issue

Updating Webcam Drivers

I have an ASUS GL551JW with a built-in webcam. I am having sync issues between the audio and video when I use Camtasia 8.6. The software manufacture told me to check my webcam drivers.

I checked the drivers and they are from 2006. They are Microsoft drivers. I contacted ASUS and they couldn't provide me any information on updated drivers, but they were able to give me the following details about my webcam:

I have been searching online but I'm not finding anything that is helpful for obtaining updated drivers. Maybe there aren't any updated drivers, but I am hoping that they've been updated since 2006.

I have already downloaded the Intel chipset drivers from ASUS. I am not sure if that would include the webcam drivers. That's what ASUS told me to download.

Device Manager lists the webcam as: USB2.0 UVC HD Webcam. I am using Windows 10.

Does anyone have any suggestions, or can someone help me find some updated drivers for this webcam?

P.S. I am planning on buying a "real" webcam in the next couple months, but until then, I need to try to get this one working. Everything works fine on this webcam, and the video is good, it's just out of sync with any recorded audio.

Kenneth R. Jones, Mar 29, 2021
Thema:

Webcam not found, driver issue

1. Webcam not found, driver issue - Similar Threads - Webcam found driver

2. Webcam drivers can't be found.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Webcam drivers can't be found.: Hi,I'm using a Dell G15 laptop WIN11 and currently I'm having an issue with my webcam.It's the second time it happened I don't know what I did to fix the first time. The driver is simply gone. I can't find it in my configuration. The camera won't open.I've tried pretty much...
  3. Webcam drivers can't be found.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Webcam drivers can't be found.: Hi,I'm using a Dell G15 laptop WIN11 and currently I'm having an issue with my webcam.It's the second time it happened I don't know what I did to fix the first time. The driver is simply gone. I can't find it in my configuration. The camera won't open.I've tried pretty much...
  4. Webcam Driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Webcam Driver: Recently I converted windows 7 to windows 10 and I lost built in Camera driver from my laptop HP computer. Could you help to install webcam driver? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/webcam-driver/fc6f63ee-c1ec-4327-b47f-1ccd30916fb7
  5. Webcam issues. Driver 10.0.19041.488

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Webcam issues. Driver 10.0.19041.488: Hello there I recently purchased a new webcam. IT's a Jelly Comb W15.Really nice quality webcam but there are no Drivers other than the windows drivers. There is also no other software for the webcam from the manufacture.My issue is I can go into the camera setting and turn...
  6. Webcam driver issue

Webcam driver issue: Not sure if it IS driver, but seems likely to me. ! I bought a UVC webcam for my wife's PC, not intentionally UVC but that's what we got! It turns off all audio devices when plugged into USB slot. I couldn't find how to get any sound, after trying all the fixes I could see....
  7. Webcam can not be found

Webcam can not be found: My laptop says it can not find my camera. I have tried everything to reset it. The webcam is not showing up in anything. 1. I have checked to see if my anti-virus was blocking it. It was not. 2. I have tried to see find it under the device manager but I could not find it...
  8. Webcam not found

Webcam not found: Webcam cannot be found on our new laptop and is not under Imaging Devices in Device Manager. How do we activate and get the webcam up and running? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/webcam-not-found/3cf138d2-54f7-4bb9-9244-e75ea0356ad9
  9. Webcam not found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Webcam not found: I have a laptop Acer P455 series with Windows 10 Pro. Don't think I've ever tried to use the camera until now. I am researching at-home work and must have my webcam. I get error code 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached>. Device Manager doesn't show a Video option. Can...
  10. Webcam driver issues

Webcam driver issues: A bit of pretext to explain the events that led up to the current problem: A friend of mine asked me to look at his PC(Win10), which had a BSOD problem. After a short conversation and some checking around I figured out the problem. He had tried to install Avast antivirus and...