Windows 10: Webcam not recognized by Camera App

Discus and support Webcam not recognized by Camera App in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The Webcam I currently use is recognized is not recognized by the Camera App or any Browser. For some reason it works in Skype and Discord. The Error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LiamBaumann, Feb 13, 2021.

1. Webcam not recognized by Camera App

The Webcam I currently use is recognized is not recognized by the Camera App or any Browser. For some reason it works in Skype and Discord.

The Error Message in the Windows Camera app is: 0xA00F4288 <AllCamerasAreReserved>

I have no idea why this is happening. It happens after startup when no other applications are even open.

I would be glad for any help regarding this issue

:)

LiamBaumann, Feb 13, 2021

2. Webcam not working in Windows 10 Pro on Microsoft camera app and not on Skype

Hi,

Since you mentioned that you already reinstalled the driver for your webcam, we suggest that you perform these troubleshooting steps to resolve your concern:

Get back to us with the results of the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Kristoffer Abs, Feb 13, 2021
  3. Skipher Win User
    Windows 10 Camera App: "Close other apps" Error 0xA00F4243(0xC00D3704)

I recently purchased a Logitech Brio 4k UHD webcam. To test it out, I opened up the Windows Camera app, only to be met with an error message "Close other apps: It looks like another app is using the camera already. 0xA00F4243(0xC00D3704)"

I tried the basic troubleshooting steps such as reinstalling the driver, resetting the Camera app, contacting Logitech, which only resulted in escalating the case.

I also tried Finding out which app is using the webcam, using Process Explorer to determine which process is accessing the webcam, but Processor Explorer reports 0 processes using the webcam.

The webcam is somewhat functional; Windows Hello works, and the webcam is recognized by Skype, so my guess is that there is a driver compatibility issue with the latest Windows 10 update or something. Does anyone know how to resolve this error?

Skipher, Feb 13, 2021
  4. yogalD Win User

Webcam not recognized by Camera App

Camera app - webcams only?

Is the Windows 10 camera app only for webcams or something? I tried connecting my Canon IXUS 95IS and Windows detects it properly but the Camera app doesn't.

yogalD, Feb 13, 2021
Thema:

Webcam not recognized by Camera App

1. Webcam not recognized by Camera App - Similar Threads - Webcam recognized Camera

2. Camera App Not Recognizing Permission

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera App Not Recognizing Permission: My camera app keeps asking for permission to use the camera. Thing is, it already HAS permission. What gives? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-app-not-recognizing-permission/c04f54c8-5b8f-4bce-ba4e-3b7dd3995d4f
  3. Camera App Not Recognizing Permission

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera App Not Recognizing Permission: My camera app keeps asking for permission to use the camera. Thing is, it already HAS permission. What gives? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-app-not-recognizing-permission/c04f54c8-5b8f-4bce-ba4e-3b7dd3995d4f
  4. Default Webcam For Camera App

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default Webcam For Camera App: Is there a way to actually set a default webcam for the camera app? Please, don't tell me to disable devices or anything. I want to SELECT A CAMERA THAT DOESN'T SHOW IN DEVICES AND PRINTERS. This is crazy that I can't select an OBS Studio virtual webcam. It's like the most...
  5. Webcam - Microsoft camera app

Webcam - Microsoft camera app: I am running the latest Windows 10 Home 64 bit. Winver says it is Version 20H2 OS Build 19042.804, and assures me that it is licensed. The Windows Camera App did not come pre-installed as part of any version or update of Windows 10, including this one. I have tried repeatedly...
  6. webcam not recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    webcam not recognized: I purchased a webcam, plugged it in to the USB, it looked like it was working and suddenly stopped when I tried to move it. I've tried the troubleshooting, unplugging and plugging it back in, turning the system off and on, checked Settings, etc. Think I may have gotten a...
  7. Camera and Webcam

Camera and Webcam: I cannot use camera on my laptop. It seems it does not exist or cannot be found on Device Manager. I have received an error code of 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached> https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-and-webcam/d94ce0a1-3c8a-4e65-81f8-14eddde28167
  8. webcam/camera

webcam/camera: I have been utilizing Zoom app. without difficulty but now the program is indicating that it is unable to locate camera so I don't have full function of the app. I have been troubleshooting and am unable to find the problem to correct it. Any suggestions?...
  9. Unable to install Webcam - Camera not being recognized

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to install Webcam - Camera not being recognized: I recently picked up this webcam off of Amazon, and it claims to be plug and play. However, when I plug it into a working USB port, and the power lights turns on for the camera, I can't find any device that corresponds to the camera, nor any drivers on the retailer's website...
  10. Camera app - webcams only?

Camera app - webcams only?: Is the Windows 10 camera app only for webcams or something? I tried connecting my Canon IXUS 95IS and Windows detects it properly but the Camera app doesn't. 58062