Windows 10: Webcam Not Working - Accidental Solution

Discus and support Webcam Not Working - Accidental Solution in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi!After a recent Windows 10 update my Webcam / Camera App stopped working. I have tried every trick suggested in Google searches but to no avail. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Narayanadas Upadhyayula, Jun 10, 2021.

1. Webcam Not Working - Accidental Solution

Hi!After a recent Windows 10 update my Webcam / Camera App stopped working. I have tried every trick suggested in Google searches but to no avail. I have uninstalled and installed drivers. I have uninstalled and installed the Camera App.Then something strange happened.Yesterday I found my USB ports were not recognising pen drives. I looked up for a solution and was advised to uninstall USB Serial Controllers and restart the machine. I was informed Windows would automatically reinstall the Controllers and the ports would work. I tried this and the ports worked again. On a whim I tried the Camer

:)

Narayanadas Upadhyayula, Jun 10, 2021
  2. Naresh_K Win User

Webcam not working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

This issue can occur if the camera drivers are not up-to date, your anti-virus may be blocking the camera, or camera app is not installed properly. I would suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article:
    Camera does not work in Windows 10. You can also refer to the suggestion on HP article:
    HP PCs - Webcam Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 8).

If you need any further assistance, please write back with the following information:

1. What happens when you are trying to access Camera app?
    2. What is the exact error message you are getting?
    3. What is version of Windows 10 that is installed on your device?
    4. Are you using an external webcam? If yes, please help us with the make and model of the webcam.

Regards,

Naresh_K, Jun 10, 2021
  3. Webcam not working in Windows 10 Pro on Microsoft camera app and not on Skype

Hi,

Since you mentioned that you already reinstalled the driver for your webcam, we suggest that you perform these troubleshooting steps to resolve your concern:

Get back to us with the results of the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Kristoffer Abs, Jun 10, 2021
  4. jdrewf99 Win User

Webcam Not Working - Accidental Solution

Logitech - WebCam - HD Webcam C525 - Error 0x800f0203

I followed the listed steps and the webcam is performing properly and is recognized by Windows 10, I checked software and driver updates on the Logitech site and the Logitech utility states the software and driver are up to date and working properly. The
    only issue I have is with Windows 10 Updates trying to update the Logitech software/drivers in the recent update and that update is throwing the Ox800f0203 error and continues to does so after all of the suggested solutions. Which puzzles me since the Logitech
    hardware/software/driver is working properly.

jdrewf99, Jun 10, 2021
Thema:

Webcam Not Working - Accidental Solution

1. Webcam Not Working - Accidental Solution - Similar Threads - Webcam Working Accidental

2. I accidentally uninstalled my integrated webcam !

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I accidentally uninstalled my integrated webcam !: My webcam has been playing up and I thought because I have to use it a lot for lessons that I should try and fix it. I've spent 4 hours trying to find a way of fixing the problem permanently and came to the conclusion to uninstall the camera in an attempt to install it back...
  3. USB webcam not working properly in Windows 10, no Internet solution seems to work

USB webcam not working properly in Windows 10, no Internet solution seems to work: Hey guys, I've had a Sandberg webcam 1080P HD 133-96 for a couple of months now and have always had some issues with it, but most of the times plugging it out and in seemed to fix any issues I've had. However lately the webcam has stopped working properly - it only works...
  4. Webcam not working

Webcam not working: No cameras attached error in hp pavilion laptop. I changed my hard drive after that i am unable to use my webcam. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/webcam-not-working/afd6def8-ecb1-425e-a067-1460a875db3b
  5. Webcam not working

Webcam not working: Hi I have an Acer Aspire Z3-605, which has a integrated webcam in it. Though a couple of years ago, this computer went through an upgrade to Windows 10. I think around that time, the camera stopped working. I have done everything I found online, including: Updating,...
  6. Webcam not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Webcam not working.: [ATTACH] Hi there, I got this message when I tried to open my camera. I have completed all the recommended steps on Windows help, with no success. Can somebody please help? Regards, Brendan....
  7. Webcam not working

Webcam not working: I have an HP Spectre 365 that had Windows 10 from the start, I recently tried to attend a Zoom mtg only to find out the Webcam isn't working. I went through all the recommended fixes to no avail. I went to Device Manager and camera was not listed on it's own or under...
  8. webcam not working

webcam not working: webcam not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/webcam-not-working/aaa2a681-5101-4643-ab86-29601ef56467
  9. Accidental Webcam Driver Deletion

Accidental Webcam Driver Deletion: Hello everyone. I got a new Logitech webcam for my Gaming PC but it had a built in mic. I wanted to remove it but didn't know how. I went into Devices and Printers and deleted the device from the audio section, thinking it'd only delete the audio-input part of the cam, but...
  10. WebCam Solution Windows 10 Update

WebCam Solution Windows 10 Update: With the advent of the latest update, serveral problems have been noted. The most recent patch to Windows 10 Update causes many WebCams to malfuncton-mine did not even start. Some people had to go back to a prior version of Windows 10 for Windows to even function. If you...