Windows 10: Webcam not working after Laptop goes to sleep until rebooted

Discus and support Webcam not working after Laptop goes to sleep until rebooted in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have allowed the Zoom app in the AVG Antivirus. The webcam was working. After the laptop was unused for a day and had been asleep, Zoom's webcam... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Tony Martin_846, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Webcam not working after Laptop goes to sleep until rebooted

I have allowed the Zoom app in the AVG Antivirus. The webcam was working. After the laptop was unused for a day and had been asleep, Zoom's webcam would no longer work. I googled and found that the webcams often would not work after the laptop had been asleep.

Once I reboot the laptop, the webcam works again in Zoom. I don't want to have to reboot the laptop every time before I log into Zoom to use the webcam.

Does anyone have a solution for this problem?

Thanks,

Tony

:)

Tony Martin_846, Mar 31, 2020
  2. GianniDPC Win User

Webcam not working after reboot or sleep mode

Hello,

I have an older webcam (Trust WB-5400) which I found some driver for online that seems to be working fine with Windows 10. The problem is when I reboot my computer I have to replug the webcam for it to work again, same thing when I go out of sleep mode. This is very annoying as I want the camera to be plugged in to the back of my computer and obviously keep working

Strange thing is I have a laptop also running the latest Windows 10, I installed the same driver rebooted my computer a few times and everytime the webcam keeps working even when going out of sleep mode.

How do I solve this for my Desktop computer? Must be something that is configured wrong because it work's all fine on my laptop.

I would be glad if someone could help me out,

Thanks in advance

GianniDPC, Mar 31, 2020
  3. MY LAPTOP GOES INTO SLEEP WHEN WORKING

Hi,

To resolve your concern, you may follow the steps below:

• In Windows, search and open Power options.
    • Click Change plan settings, for the power plan that is selected.
    • Click Change advanced power settings.
    • Do one of the following options to navigate to the hybrid sleep settings:

• Click the plus sign (+) next to Sleep.
    • Click the plus sign (+) next to Allow hybrid sleep, then select
      Off from the drop-down menu, and then click OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Michael Gall, Mar 31, 2020
  4. WiIfred P Win User

Webcam not working after Laptop goes to sleep until rebooted

install webcam on msi laptop

Hi 1papertiger,

This is Wil, one of the independent advisor, an expert with Windows 10 and a fellow Windows 10 user like you. I understand your concern about installing webcam on MSI laptops.

Most laptops have a built-in webcam on it, If it's not working, there's a problem with the driver or settings of it.

Step1: I request you to check for Hidden Devices in Device Manager. Please refer to these steps:

a. On the desktop, press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.

b. Click on View and select Show Hidden Devices.

c. Check for the webcam under Imaging Devices.

d. If the webcam is listed, then right-click on it and select Update Driver Software.

e. Select Browse My Computer for Driver Software and follow the prompted steps.

Step 2: Run the hardware troubleshooter and check if you receive any error messages.

a. On the desktop, press Windows key + W and type Troubleshooting.

b. Click on it and click on Hardware and Sound.

c. Click on Hardware and Devices and follow the prompted steps.

If the laptop doesn't have a built-in webcam on it, you would need to purchase an external webcam, plug it on your laptop and driver will download automatically.

I hope my suggestions help you. If you need further assistance please do reply back and I will respond as quickly as possible. Have a nice day.

Thanks,

Wilfred P.

Independent Advisor

WiIfred P, Mar 31, 2020
Thema:

Webcam not working after Laptop goes to sleep until rebooted

1. Webcam not working after Laptop goes to sleep until rebooted - Similar Threads - Webcam working Laptop

2. Laptop goes to sleep and ...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop goes to sleep and ...: This laptop has the most different way of going to sleep. It will do just that, go to sleep but in 10.0336 seconds, it will wake up and after the allotted minutes, go back to sleep and remain that way till I get nasty and wake it up from a most comfortable nap. Wake Timers...
  3. Laptop goes to sleep and ...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop goes to sleep and ...: This laptop has the most different way of going to sleep. It will do just that, go to sleep but in 10.0336 seconds, it will wake up and after the allotted minutes, go back to sleep and remain that way till I get nasty and wake it up from a most comfortable nap. Wake Timers...
  4. Audio doesn't work until after multiple reboots.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio doesn't work until after multiple reboots.: Whenever I turn on my laptop, the sound system hardly ever works. Headphones don't work, built-in speakers don't work. Just silence. Please help :...
  5. Laptop goes sleeping randomly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop goes sleeping randomly: My laptop goes sleeping randomly 1. I observed that right before that happens, the Power-LED flashes in yellow color 5 fast flashes. Sometimes when the LEDs flash in that way, I move the mouse to prevent the PC to go to sleep and it appears to work. Because of that...
  6. Laptop reboots itself after an overnight sleep.

Laptop reboots itself after an overnight sleep.: So I have been experiencing this problem with my laptop lately, where I would leave my laptop sleep overnight and open the next morning. But when I opened, the screen turns black, lights from the laptop is still blinking, usually, the screen would just greet me and ask for my...
  7. Laptop rebooting after sleep mode

Laptop rebooting after sleep mode: Hello, I have this problem for about 3 weeks now. When I close my laptop or if I put him to sleep mode, it restart when I re-open it. I don't really now what's happening and it's extremely frustrating. Can someone help me? Thank you in advance....
  8. Sound not working until reboot

Sound not working until reboot: Sound keeps crashing on my new laptop (fully loaded Dell XPS) running windows 10. What happens is this: 1. Sound works fine until and I connect to a bluetooth device. Audio works fine on the device too. 2. I turn off the headset. 3. I can't get any sound from native...
  9. Webcam not working after reboot or sleep mode

Webcam not working after reboot or sleep mode: Hello, I have an older webcam (Trust WB-5400) which I found some driver for online that seems to be working fine with Windows 10. The problem is when I reboot my computer I have to replug the webcam for it to work again, same thing when I go out of sleep mode. This is very...
  10. Laptop goes to sleep after a minute of no use....

Laptop goes to sleep after a minute of no use....: Not sure if this is a Windows 10 issue or a laptop issue. I have the sleep mode after no use set to 15 minutes, but lately it goes to sleep after one minute or not moving the mouse or anything. Not sure what the problem and would love to see if anyone here has a solution....